Unofficial Preview Round 23 v the Demons @ Gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Callum is OK and is ready to play. He looked pretty shaken, might be better to give him another week.

My concern is going into the Melbourne game rucking Dan against Jackson. Dans been really good pinch hitting but Jackson/ Gawn are devastating.

So my preferences would be.

Out Daniher(another poor game against the Saints)

In Fort(second ruck/ deep full forward changing with Rayner)

Plus, if any of the midfield small forwards are carrying niggles or don't come up then Lohman(24 possesions in the ressies) should come straight in.

No Adams?

Have we played Melbourne with all of Jo, Hipwood, McStay, Andrew’s, Adam’s available previously? I do think we have, and I feel this will stretch them,

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Have we played Melbourne with all of Jo, Hipwood, McStay, Andrew’s, Adam’s available previously? I do think we have, and I feel this will stretch them,

Round 12 last year when we were leading at half time only to get smashed in the second half

They only kicked 2 goals that game. Bailey kicked 4, Charlie, Kiddy and a Linc also kicked 4 between them

Round 12 last year when we were leading at half time only to get smashed in the second half

They only kicked 2 goals that game. Bailey kicked 4, Charlie, Kiddy and a Linc also kicked 4 between them

Didn’t McStay go down early though?

Hope Callum is OK and is ready to play. He looked pretty shaken, might be better to give him another week.

My concern is going into the Melbourne game rucking Dan against Jackson. Dans been really good pinch hitting but Jackson/ Gawn are devastating.

So my preferences would be.

Out Daniher(another poor game against the Saints)

In Fort(second ruck/ deep full forward changing with Rayner)

Plus, if any of the midfield small forwards are carrying niggles or don't come up then Lohman(24 possesions in the ressies) should come straight in.
You should change your user name to OutDaniher, then at least we would know what you think bear.

If we beat Melbourne I have us finishing 3rd and playing Sydney week 1, in Sydney. If we lose to Melbourne I have us finishing 6th and playing Richmond week 1, at home.
Exactly what I got, we can finish 2nd(providing we beat the Demons) if whoever wins out of Pies v Swans today loses next week.🤞🤞

It will be edge of the seat fingernail biting time next weekend if we happen to win Friday night, we will either be barracking for the Saints or Blues next Sunday afternoon, hopefully they are both alive in the hunt for a finals spot.

Didn’t McStay go down early though?

That was the QF last year. Eric was already out with his ACL at that stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne pretty much had their best 22 playing against Carlton last night. Howerer their fringe best 22 are good. Ours are getting better
Lions pretty close also with only Adams & Ah Chee to come in for Payne & Prior. However either of those 4 combos is okay
So what is the difference from the round 15 clash in team structures/players likely to front up at the Gabba on Friday
They beat us by 64 points so we need to have some better players back in from that clash, plus actually play better

Won't go over everything from that round 15 game as we were terrible and they were great. Also i think year 2021 is not that relevant now
Goals scored by quarter
Demons- 2, 6, 3, 5
Lions....- 3, 1, 2, 1
Total shots on goal Demons 37 to Lions 18

From that clash Demons gain Gawn- Melksham- Rivers- Hunt and lose Weiderman- Bedford- Bowey- Harmes
The Lions from that clash gain Gardiner- Bailey- Zorko- Ah Chee- Mathieson and lose Payne- Tom Berry- Dev Robertson- Mitch Robinson- Tunstall
Demons also lose the MCG and have to travel while we gain The Gabba and no travel

I think our in's improve us more so than theirs
However that was our biggest loss of the year being 64 points. Our next biggest loss was 14 points away v Dockers

On a positive note i am prepared to put that Demons game down as an outlier for the season
Just hope the players and coaches are at their best on Friday night

We still have not clicked as a whole team performance and round 23 is coming up
Our 2 ACL boys should be pretty confident in their bodies now. Covid hangover/fatigue hopefully is gone
This is exactly the time to come good and i think we are ready
Lions by 22

Melbourne pretty much had their best 22 playing against Carlton last night. Howerer their fringe best 22 are good. Ours are getting better
Lions pretty close also with only Adams & Ah Chee to come in for Payne & Prior. However either of those 4 combos is okay
So what is the difference from the round 15 clash in team structures/players likely to front up at the Gabba on Friday
They beat us by 64 points so we need to have some better players back in from that clash, plus actually play better

Won't go over everything from that round 15 game as we were terrible and they were great. Also i think year 2021 is not that relevant now
Goals scored by quarter
Demons- 2, 6, 3, 5
Lions....- 3, 1, 2, 1
Total shots on goal Demons 37 to Lions 18

From that clash Demons gain Gawn- Melksham- Rivers- Hunt and lose Weiderman- Bedford- Bowey- Harmes
The Lions from that clash gain Gardiner- Bailey- Zorko- Ah Chee- Mathieson and lose Payne- Tom Berry- Dev Robertson- Mitch Robinson- Tunstall
Demons also lose the MCG and have to travel while we gain The Gabba and no travel

I think our in's improve us more so than theirs
However that was our biggest loss of the year being 64 points. Our next biggest loss was 14 points away v Dockers

On a positive note i am prepared to put that Demons game down as an outlier for the season
Just hope the players and coaches are at their best on Friday night

We still have not clicked as a whole team performance and round 23 is coming up
Our 2 ACL boys should be pretty confident in their bodies now. Covid hangover/fatigue hopefully is gone
This is exactly the time to come good and i think we are ready
Lions by 22
at this stage bookies agree, Lions at $180 and Demons $2.02

Our best is good enough to beat anyone, especially on our home deck. Bring the Brisbane intensity and chaos and we are right in it, anything less and we will get carved up.

When the blues had the ball they ran at the Melbourne defence and generally found a way through, we will need to bring the same attacking game as their defence is top shelf.

Petty is underrated, was very good at getting his man under the ball. Whoever he plays on him needs to push up the ground.

Using the eclectic mix of Cameron, Linc, Zorko and Rayner up forward will challenge them.

Our defenders are going to need manic pressure on their ball carriers further up the ground.

As others have said Joe has played a bit of an unselfish role lately and it’s probably no wonder Hipwood’s form has improved off the back of that. Will need that again this week, presumably on May to stop him from going 3rd man up all the time.

Probably all of that will be irrelevant if the midfield gets smashed against theirs. For some strange reason I’m more confident having Matho in the line up going up against their mids then what we had last time. He’s obviously no world beater but he reminds me a bit of what Brodie has given Freo this year. Certainly no stars but for some strange reason has made the rest of the parts better.

As others have said Joe has played a bit of an unselfish role lately and it’s probably no wonder Hipwood’s form has improved off the back of that. Will need that again this week, presumably on May to stop him from going 3rd man up all the time.

Probably all of that will be irrelevant if the midfield gets smashed against theirs. For some strange reason I’m more confident having Matho in the line up going up against their mids then what we had last time. He’s obviously no world beater but he reminds me a bit of what Brodie has given Freo this year. Certainly no stars but for some strange reason has made the rest of the parts better.

Matho will play a defensive role on Oliver I suspect.

If we beat Melbourne I have us finishing 3rd and playing Sydney week 1, in Sydney. If we lose to Melbourne I have us finishing 6th and playing Richmond week 1, at home.
Or if we lose to Melbourne and Carlton win, we would end up 5th (if Dockers win) and Carlton would be 8th and we'd play them in an elimination final in week 1 finals.

Think the bookies have woken up that Lions very hard to beat at the GABBA, I thought the Dees should be slight favourites also.
The bookies work off the data.

Anyone betting against Brisbane at the Gabba in the H/A season will end up broke. Melbourne's form isn't that hot .

Not brimming with confidence that we'll win but not at all surprised that we're favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back