Preview Round 23 vs Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

And on top of that they know that checkers ain't a overhead threat and have adjusted accordingly
No wonder masons under the pump

It's great to dream and talk system but we haven't the cattle to do it
Maybe the skipper should play wing
Maybe Sidey forward

Feel a mid rotation of
Maynard
Seir
Wills
Adams
Treleor
Has merit

Time to dare

Game against the Bears the closest we've come to putting 4 quarters together this year but we've certainly had periods within games where we've played to our full potential.
Agreed
Brisbane
quarter against port
West coast last quarter

Very inconsistent

We've won early games through continuity
Others have caught up

Periods in games aint gonna get us the cup.

Wasn't aware I'd ever suggested it would although some will argue nearly 1 full quarter almost got the job done last year.

Wasn't aware I'd ever suggested it would although some will argue nearly 1 full quarter almost got the job done last year.

That's what the club is in the comp for - flags, not runners up, not finals wins, not honourable losses, not almost got it done in 1 qtr.

If we can't play 4 qtrs when it matters i:e the GF then we're runners up. Not what we're here for.

That's what the club is in the comp for - flags, not runners up, not finals wins, not honourable losses, not almost got it done in 1 qtr.

If we can't play 4 qtrs when it matters i:e the GF then we're runners up. Not what we're here for.

As are 17 other teams.

But you have to outscore the opposition for %age to go up, ours has been going down from over 120 to 111 now. Math will tell you is that we've been losing more than winning.

Given the two oppositions mentioned, the form they're in, the form we're in - injuries on top, external noises etc. To have unwarranted optimism or even desperate hope........ well you're better individuals than I and I commend you both.

No you don't. Percentage can go up as well if you lose by less than you usually do (if your percentage is well below 100)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really struggle to understand why you'd be a footy fan if you think like that. On average teams are going to hold up the cup once every 18 years. Following footy is a pretty miserable past-time if it's completely dissatisfying except for a bit of after match glow once every 18 years. Despite not winning the cup, I enjoyed last season more than any other that I can remember - including the Premierships of 1990 and 2010.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back