Review Round 23 vs Sydney @ Marvel Stadium (21.08.21 - 1:45pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tough game guys.
I just want to give a shout out to Touk Miller. What a champ he is. Really hope he gets AA, at least the squad, in recognition of week in/week out excellence.

Not much to say about this game, happy for Touk.
Young kids will be better if our core of Ballard king Anderson Rowell lukosius Rankine stay.

New coach? Yeah why not

Haven’t done my research on draft picks for the first time in years haha maybe it’s time ahhhh
Lukosius has just purchased a home in Adelaide. King doubtful to stay. Might keep Rankine but leaving him back home for the past month wasn't a smart move. Just for starters!

Lukosius has just purchased a home in Adelaide. King doubtful to stay. Might keep Rankine but leaving him back home for the past month wasn't a smart move. Just for starters!
Lukosius apparently got the home in Adelaide as prices around there are lifting so get in before he can’t afford it. King will stay- he likes Dew and the playing group. Rankine hasn’t helped himself when playing although there hasn’t been any VFL played when he has been out so hasn’t had the chance to play.

We are in a precarious situation, Ben King likes Dew a lot, if Dew goes we probably lose King, but if Dew stays we might not improve at all. Just glad another sh*t show of a season is over
I think Dew needs better assistants around him.

I’m fine with Dew staying as I can see progress plus the players appear to like him. Plus we need to give him the opportunity to finish his plan that he set out at the end of 2018. As for Haines, I wouldn’t be unhappy if he got the flick. We need a strong footy manager.
Are there any milestones on this “ plan” like be s**t for 4 years and then win the premiership? Please don’t tell me it’s be s**t for 5 years

Lukosius apparently got the home in Adelaide as prices around there are lifting so get in before he can’t afford it. King will stay- he likes Dew and the playing group. Rankine hasn’t helped himself when playing although there hasn’t been any VFL played when he has been out so hasn’t had the chance to play.
Nah mate, Prestia, Lynch, JOM all brought houses in Melbourne then moved a season later. Luko is only going to get payed more money as his career goes on, he can definitely afford to live there. He is gone imo

Nah mate, Prestia, Lynch, JOM all brought houses in Melbourne then moved a season later. Luko is only going to get payed more money as his career goes on, he can definitely afford to live there. He is gone imo
He played like it today

Sounds logical to me plus his gal pal never moved up here at all. I'd love King to stay but have been reliably told he was very against coming here at all and can only hope he does like it enough to stay. Rankine being left behind while most of the team was in Melbourne was just poor. ALL this becomes moot if the AFL convince Clarkson to come ... kids would love to play under him. Gonna be a very nervous pre season and 2022 if these type of players don't recommit early.

Maybe it can be a bloodless coup. Clarko agrees to come in 2023 and Dew us contracted until 2022.

Dew wouldn't have any better deals out there as a Senior Coach of the worst team in the AFL and maybe Dew would agree to stay on as a senior assistant in 2023.

If Clarko wants a year off to maximise his Hawks pay day while he takes a breather he can just come in now as a seudo Football Director / Consultant and get things set up the way he wants it (e.g. assistants, high performance, game plan), take a year off in advance of his arrival in 2023.

Sounds logical to me plus his gal pal never moved up here at all. I'd love King to stay but have been reliably told he was very against coming here at all and can only hope he does like it enough to stay. Rankine being left behind while most of the team was in Melbourne was just poor. ALL this becomes moot if the AFL convince Clarkson to come ... kids would love to play under him. Gonna be a very nervous pre season and 2022 if these type of players don't recommit early.
King loves it here, weirdly he the most confident of the 3 I am in staying.
Luko hasn't settled up here and our dogshit performance wouldn't of done anything to change his mind. Reckon he wants out now.

The priority is surely Touk. The talk over the past month is that he'll re-sign and stay a Sun for life with a big deal.

Just gotta hope that performances like today don't make him delay talks and take him into out of contract territory next year. We've got to re-sign him over summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the bright side, those with long term injuries this year will be back next year. Hopefully round 1.
I've rarely seen players who've had a year out come back the next season and carve it up
And Witts Day and Greenwood don't make us a 15 goal better team anyway
The other injuries are the icing on a finals team cake(including Ellis)-they don't win us matches
We can win matches if the opposition doesn't score more than 60 points
Same as it's ever been

Ross goes to Carlton, Clarko has the year off, we sack Dew, who is available? Brad Scott? Pretty sure he is after the AFL HQ job. There isn't much out there
Clarko, Brad or Chris Scott. AFL are funding it outside the cap. The offer will be too good to refuse for at least one of them.

One of the reasons we get done by so much so often is because opposition coaches know they don't have to defend us
They just make it a shoot out and back their players to kick 12 goals
Game over
And if they get on a roll in the attacking mood it quickly becomes 20 goals
Then it's a 100 point loss
I've been watching it for 12 years-it's not a new thing.
You know-"How are we going to kick a winning score?"

i hope atkins never plays another game for us. his extreme lack of defensive effort is ******* infuriating. watching him not even break a jog while others like touk are busting their gut to get to the contest or put pressure on must be so deflating to team mates. i don't give a s**t if he's got another 3 years on his contract, he deserves to be brodie'd and play out the rest of his contract in the reserves (unlike brodie).

lukosius needs to improve his defensive efforts as well. i get he's a tall rebounding half back with a great kick, but he's either got to improve his agility and kicking or find another sport. massive defensive liability.

also wouldn't care at all if macpherson never played another game for us. he's regressed hard since a couple seasons ago and his tough man routine is frankly embarrasing. all the random chest bumps and trying to start fights with opposition players is so cringe especially when he's playing like s**t and we're getting pumped. find a different way to make an impact on the game.

davies was great, deserves another crack at the first 22 next season, great size and showed a heap of effort around the contest.

sad for harbs with his injury in his last game, but almost fitting in a way. he's had the elbow and shoulder strapping for as long as i can remember. pissed off that we didn't give him a better send off for one of our club legends.

touk, ando, and the ben's were all good performers on a pretty shitty day for the club.

looking forward to watching some decent footy over the course of the finals. another depressing year in the books. bring on the offseason with such inspirational trade targets as hamish hartlett and luke dunstan!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back