Review Round 24, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. St. Kilda

Who were your five best players against St. Kilda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't want 3KZ is Football coaching my non-existent kids. Mainly because I'd start hearing all about Ryan Lester from them after footy training.
“Let me tell you about Ryan Lester, Grasshopper”

1693126339958.jpeg

If I was the Junior President of the club you coach the Under 11's at, and was aware of what you say you did, you would no longer be coach...simple as that. At that age, enjoyment of footy and keeping the kids in the game is far more important than winning ffs. Stunned you say you do that or maybe it was a joke? Hoping it was.
Don’t be mistaken,kids want to win and if there is a player in the team that loses the ball all the time(for example) everyone would be aware of this,and if not managed you could be setting the kid up for ridicule.
My son used to play division one so I guess it was expected
If you don’t want the pressure go down a grade or two .
I’m sure 3kz has the kids best interest at heart.
You know what though I think competition should only ramp up as teenagers

If I was the Junior President of the club you coach the Under 11's at, and was aware of what you say you did, you would no longer be coach...simple as that. At that age, enjoyment of footy and keeping the kids in the game is far more important than winning ffs. Stunned you say you do that or maybe it was a joke? Hoping it was.

lol. Pretty standard stuff. Same as cricket when I played as a jnr. The s**t ones don't bowl or bat high up the order.

lol. Pretty standard stuff. Same as cricket when I played as a jnr. The s**t ones don't bowl or bat high up the order.

Reckon its far more of a controversy for junior cricket unless it is top level competitive play - footy there's a fair argument for putting players on a half forward or half back flank. If you keep putting a kid who can't bat at number 11 that's a bit rough.

You’ve got to be kidding.

It happens in every sport, at every level, at every age.

I remember my first game of soccer in grade 3. Stuck at left back, because I had no freaking clue of the game, when the teacher asked for extra players on a Thursday afternoon.

The most talented kids play where they have the most influence.

Under 11’s are what, grade 6? Every private school has Saturday sports from grade 5, and teams being picked based on talent.

I’ve never met a more invested under 11’s coach than 3KZ is Football

Don’t be surprised if he gets the call up to the under 12’s next year.

Shame on you all for questioning him

3ZK is like the film joker. Tells all these stories but I have a gut feeling the plot twist is he is actually in an asylum.

My point was actually directed at the idea that Fagan, having selected Lyons was then hiding him in the forward line. Doesn’t happen at AFL. I think scoman closed the case well.
Of course it happens at AFL level. Coaches get things wrong at team selection, and then need to manage positions during the game.

It was clear at the game that Lyons was blowing up in the second quarter. He couldn’t keep up with his own team mates in transition, let alone the opposition, and definitely not his direct opponent in Mitch Owens.

He came to the bench at one point in the second quarter absolutely gassed, and one of the people next to me commented how poor his running was.

Of course it happens at AFL level. Coaches get things wrong at team selection, and then need to manage positions during the game.

It was clear at the game that Lyons was blowing up in the second quarter. He couldn’t keep up with his own team mates in transition, let alone the opposition, and definitely not his direct opponent in Mitch Owens.

He came to the bench at one point in the second quarter absolutely gassed, and one of the people next to me commented how poor his running was.
Then he shouldn’t play. I agree with you 100%. He is either sub or not in the team. I wasn’t there, but you were, so I defer to you. If he was that unfit, he doesn’t play.

I was taking particular notice of our run last night as Saints are known as being a very fit hard running side and I have been a little concerned that we may not be fit enough but I was quite impressed with our gut running to cover the Saints switches and our ability to go with them.

Dev is such a hard runner, also his desperation to attack the ball in the last quarter really stood out, he lifted.
I noticed dev on quite a few occasions push past the offensive midfielder from a center clearance to effect the tackle on the saints player trying to make the clearance.

It was I think Bailey on one occasion.

3ZK is like the film joker. Tells all these stories but I have a gut feeling the plot twist is he is actually in an asylum.
3ZK is definitely nuts.

3ZK is Randle Patrick McMurphy
1693132033908.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a crock of s**t. Stop letting your dislike of a poster cloud your judgement. I'm involved in plenty of junior sport and what 3KZ describes is exactly what most do. You play your stronger players in the more important positions. Kids and families want a fair go, but they also don't like getting belted, humiliated and letting down their friends. If it's AFL the weaker kids often play on the flanks and in the pockets, if its netball they might get a run at WD for large chunks of the game. If it's a game like basketball with a big bench, you manage their court time so that they play their minutes during the middle of the game etc.... You get creative so those weaker kids still get their fair share of time, but are given the opportunity to develop their skills and abilities under less pressure.
Well put. I coach my daughters netball team and have a couple of players who I need to play at WD or GS if my good GA is on. What keeps kids interested and developing is not getting flogged every week. The not so good players need to feel part of a win not the reason for a loss.

The game definitely appears to have gone past him.
I haven’t seen him live since he came on at the Collingwood game. I must say I liked him as sub.

Well put. I coach my daughters netball team and have a couple of players who I need to play at WD or GS if my good GA is on. What keeps kids interested and developing is not getting flogged every week. The not so good players need to feel part of a win not the reason for a loss.
Indeed.

Self Declared and self appointed first class lunatic.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
3KZ actually seems quite smart to me.

Seen bigger self appointed and particularly self righteous lunatics on these threads than him.

At least if you disagree with him he sucks it up.

Doesn't send laughing emojis and whatever else drivel emoji people do these days to cover up their inability to engage on anything other than a mocking trivial discourse.

The more I think about 3KZ the more I like him . Always in good humour with friend and foe alike.

Just putting it out there because I hardly thumb up any of his posts. So just giving him a big thumb up despite the many opinions I mightn't agree with.

3KZ actually seems quite smart to me.

Seen bigger self appointed and particularly self righteous lunatics on these threads than him.

At least if you disagree with him he sucks it up.

Doesn't send laughing emojis and whatever else drivel emoji people do these days to cover up their inability to engage on anything other than a mocking trivial discourse.

The more I think about 3KZ the more I like him . Always in good humour with friend and foe alike.

Just putting it out there because I hardly thumb up any of his posts. So just giving him a big thumb up despite the many opinions I mightn't agree with.
Thanks for that martinson. Coming from you, that means a lot. I do believe I managed to swing you around to Ryan Lester, which did give me pleasure.

Back