Discussion Round 24, 2023 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

datax990

Rookie
Jun 18, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The final round of the home and away season. No doubt guernsey manufacturers/designs are already in the works at clubs for 2024. My expectations:

Essendon vs. Collingwood (Bombers wearing Red seatbelt in lieu of sash vs. Magpies in white clash and white shorts)
Hawthorn vs. Fremantle (Hawks in home gold brown stripes and brown shorts vs. Freo in purple home guernsey and white shorts)
North Melbourne vs. Gold Coast (Roos in home white and blue shorts vs. Gold Coast in home red shirt and shorts)
Brisbane vs. St Kilda (Lions in home maroon vs. Saints in away hot cross bun with black back and white shorts) *total guess but would love to see it
West Coast vs. Adelaide (Eagles in blue home jersey and shorts vs. Crows in Gather Round jersey with white shorts) *should be the red clash but I doubt it

Geelong vs. Western Bulldogs (Cats in home jersey and white shorts vs. Dogs in blue home jersey and blue shorts) *a tricky one that calls for the Dogs to have a red clash
Port Adelaide vs. Richmond (Port in home black jersey and shorts vs. Tigers in yellow clash with white shorts)
Sydney vs. Melbourne (Swans in home red jersey and shorts vs. Dees in home navy jersey with white shorts) *bit of an ugly match up this, perhaps Dees in light blue clash
Carlton vs. Greater Western Sydney (Blues in home navy-blue jersey and shorts vs. Giants in all-orange jersey with the G and white shorts)

Essendon TAC seatbelt.jpg

Saints will likely be in home with white shorts - red jumper would probably be worse and we wore the home up there last year.
They haven't worn that combo this year and only used to wear it as there was no 'Black' clash jumper, but with the crusader partially black there's a good chance we could see it happen

They haven't worn that combo this year and only used to wear it as there was no 'Black' clash jumper, but with the crusader partially black there's a good chance we could see it happen
Fair point - the black backed crusader might be enough, but I'd argue that the increase in red clashes more with maroon than our normal home jumper would. Let's see what they come up with!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood in black v Richmond in yellow looks great. Not sure why this uniform arrangement can't be worn in the AFL...
I was so bamboozled then I realised. VFL wildcard round.

Richmond's VFL home strip is the Yellow jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back