Game Day Round 24, 2023 - West Coast v Adelaide: Farewell to Thee Three

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I 'd argue that to not get the spoon after so many embarrassingly massive, record-breaking, losses would have somehow given some at the club an excuse to say 'at least we're not the worst team' and that a real cleanout and change wasn't necessary.
It absolutely is necessary and hopefully this is as bad as it gets, with improvement here on out.

I doubt that the club would draw much difference between finishing 17th or 18th. They just don’t care. Think about all their comments when the Eagles were getting regularly belted about how they are in one of the best financial positions in the comp. Management know that supporters will turn up and pay up no matter how bad the product is on the ground.

Biggest positive of the night is looking forward to watching Shuey's maniac toddler kick arse for us when I'm an old man. That little cartwheel is gonna be in his Brownlow video reel someday!
I also like Karl Langdon's introduction for Shuey - "Victorian boy. Captain of the club"

One of the journos in The West said similar.

Retain Simmo.
Use the equivalent of the fine and do mass hiring of off-field staff to bolster.
Give big FU to AFL house

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Admittedly I saw that on Twitter tonight. I feel like that should have been a fairly obvious option C to all of this that I've not seen anywhere previously.

Feels very bittersweet. Glad that the great trio got such an awesome sendoff and a competitive game, sad that I won’t see them play again.

I think now all players on the list are younger than me, a weird feeling.

Disappointing to get another spoon, but looking forward to the draft.

Eagles generation #3 is over. Looking forward to generation #4’s traditional premiership!!

Feels very bittersweet. Glad that the great trio got such an awesome sendoff and a competitive game, sad that I won’t see them play again.

I think now all players on the list are younger than me, a weird feeling.

Disappointing to get another spoon, but looking forward to the draft.

Eagles generation #3 is over. Looking forward to generation #4’s traditional premiership!!
Gen 3 isn't over until Gaff and Darling move on I reckon. But tonight was a fair dent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gave a crack, got over-run by a better team in the end.

Seeing Hurn, Shuey and Naitanui get the send off hits like a punch in the guts.

We've known for months this day was coming, but now it's over the close of an era feels all too sudden.

Seeing Kennedy come in for the chair certainly pulled at the emotional strings.

Best wishes for three Eagles' greats in their post-football lives.

That was a belting

They kick straight it's 100+ again

After last week and all the talk of how much we love the coach, that was an extremely weak effort
Nah. The boys had a crack for three quarters and ran out of legs in the last. Sure, Adelaide should have blown us away but the effort was there on our side.

That was a belting

They kick straight it's 100+ again

After last week and all the talk of how much we love the coach, that was an extremely weak effort
More like, we ran out of legs. The effort was there from start to finish but the Crom were clearly the team with the better endurance over the game.
A lot of our kids got tired late same with the old crew.
Then you add JJ and SPS who shanked a few kicks and we were turning the ball over a lot more in the last compared to the previous 3 terms.

Nah. The boys had a crack for three quarters and ran out of legs in the last. Sure, Adelaide should have blown us away but the effort was there on our side.

Agree to disagree. My view at the ground can see how hard they are working, or arent. Crows were waltzing through the middle at will

Crows goalkicking was the only thing that kept it half a contest and not totally embarrassing in the end

Agree to disagree. My view at the ground can see how hard they are working, or arent. Crows were waltzing through the middle at will

Crows goalkicking was the only thing that kept it half a contest and not totally embarrassing in the end
Adelaide missed a lot of shots but most of those weren't realistic or from dangerous positions.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back