Prediction Round 24: Changes Vs Hawks + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he may swing forward when Jackson is on the bench and Treacy in the ruck, just to keep our two talls in the forward line structure, but he’d have to be good to kick 10 in 20mins of game time in the forward line.
He could kick 20 in 20mins

Don’t be rude. Cox is kicking 10.
Or he kicks a bag in the last game of the season. Gets everyones hope up all preseason we found a fwd messiah and then he reverts to what he was before when he played fwd 😬

Or he kicks a bag in the last game of the season. Gets everyones hope up all preseason we found a fwd messiah and then he reverts to what he was before when he played fwd 😬
You are all haters. He was as good a forward as any of our other current young prospects bar amiss. His last year as a forward he was injured every second week and we got Lobb and Hogan and kicked him to the curb.

He’s winning the Coleman of JL plays him permanently fws

Genuine contest with a club that will
compete with us to make the 8 next year.
Wouldn’t be surprised to see us finish the year like we started.

You are all haters. He was as good a forward as any of our other current young prospects bar amiss. His last year as a forward he was injured every second week and we got Lobb and Hogan and kicked him to the curb.

He’s winning the Coleman of JL plays him permanently fws
Think it is great that we have stuck fat with Worner after a very poor game last week for what ever reason , he has potential and still learning and could be a good player for us going forward
Cox to the forward line is a very good expirement given he could be a valuable swingman

What I don't understand is why don't these backmen like Logue, Cox and Clark want to play forward? Maybe it's just me, but when I played footy as a kid I just wanted to go forward and kick goals. Maybe that's cause mum used to give me $1 for every goal I kicked. You are on a hiding to nothing in the backline. Always under the pump, and then you look like an idiot if your opponent kicks a bag. As a forward it is usually your teammates who get the blame for their s**t delivery or lack of supply.

In my juniors, the thoughts were :-

Backmen are the workers.

Forwards are the glory seekers (pretty boys).

Midfielders were gods gift to coaches, ....... they never got blamed for not covering their men.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some suprises in the selections.

I would of assumed another kid or 2 would of been given a debut game.

Liam reidy to debut and ruck 50 percent of the game wouldnt hurt.

Good to see Emmett geeting another game.

I think we are gonna win this game as I think the younger players will be motivated to prove themselves. One or 2 players might want to play this week to try and get a contract for 2024.

Some suprises in the selections.

I would of assumed another kid or 2 would of been given a debut game.
Putting the old tinfoil hat on...

What if us not playing more kids unlike some other teams with nothing to play for means that we're trying to ensure we finish 14th because we wanna make a play for that Gold Coast pick and need to make sure it's a pick 4?

Putting the old tinfoil hat on...

What if us not playing more kids unlike some other teams with nothing to play for means that we're trying to ensure we finish 14th because we wanna make a play for that Gold Coast pick and need to make sure it's a pick 4?
I’d love to think you are right. Hopefully we are doing something like that. I’m all in on trading out next years F1 to get pick 4, we probably won’t get a pick as high next year if we keep it and we will get the draftee in a year earlier to the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back