Prediction Round 24: Changes Vs Hawks + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d love to think you are right. Hopefully we are doing something like that. I’m all in on trading out next years F1 to get pick 4, we probably won’t get a pick as high next year if we keep it and we will get the draftee in a year earlier to the club.
I guess people don't needed to be reminded of our trading from 1994-2006 then

There's not nearly enough midfielders in that team...
There are if you consider Young and Switta as midfielders.
Brayshaw, Serong, Young, MJ, Aish, Henry, Switta plus Jackson as Ruck makes 8.
Pearce, Cox, Hamling, Ryan, Clark, Worner, Wagner is 7 defenders
Amiss, Treacy, Sturt, Emmett, Frederick, Schultz, Walters is 7 forwards.

Putting the old tinfoil hat on...

What if us not playing more kids unlike some other teams with nothing to play for means that we're trying to ensure we finish 14th because we wanna make a play for that Gold Coast pick and need to make sure it's a pick 4?
what do you mean were not playing kids unlike other teams? norf ever so slightly younger than us this week after mcdonald and ziebell are out

1692922388207.png

who else would you want to come in atm?

what do you mean were not playing kids unlike other teams? norf ever so slightly younger than us this week after mcdonald and ziebell are out

View attachment 1784810

who else would you want to come in atm?
Also Hamling in for us, who wouldn't normally play.

I agree with you and I said it in another thread. We don't have anyone left to bring in really as Williams and Stanley don't look quite (or even close in Conrad's case) ready and they're the only spots we really have available long term.

To clarify, what I mean is "we're not going out of our way to play kids that aren't best 22 but could use a shot anyways."

Erasmus, Reidy, Brodie (not a "kid" but fairly young still) and NOD are the guys who you could play (granted 1 of the first 2 will be sub), though out of that list really only Reidy is who you'd learn something new about when playing him.

Indifference? or laziness, take your pick...Channel 7's West big ad today for games broadcast in WA pictures Tim Kelly - and JOM.

Hey guys, i come in peace! who do you think Maginness will tag out of Serong and Brayshaw? And how do you think Jackson will go against Reeves?

Hey guys, i come in peace! who do you think Maginness will tag out of Serong and Brayshaw? And how do you think Jackson will go against Reeves?
I think he tags Serong because our contested ball winning is going to be a bit light on with Serong tagged out of the game. Jackson will dominate once the ruck contest is over. Should be scoring 100+ in DT

We're complaining about the selections as if they matter this week, we're not making finals and it's the final round. Who cares?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're complaining about the selections as if they matter this week, we're not making finals and it's the final round. Who cares?
Who cares is exactly the kind of mental attitude that plagues this club. Hawthorn have been out of finals contention for months but have knocked over the dogs, pies, lions and saints in that time, and come close against GWS and the Tiges. THey're building a team with a winning mentality. We roll over in the first quarter. Our skills are s**t. Our kicking for goal, especially from the midfield, is garbage. We want to win this and take some positive feeling into preseason. If we roll over then it's more of the same s**t we've been dishing up most years.

Who cares is exactly the kind of mental attitude that plagues this club. Hawthorn have been out of finals contention for months but have knocked over the dogs, pies, lions and saints in that time, and come close against GWS and the Tiges. THey're building a team with a winning mentality. We roll over in the first quarter. Our skills are s**t. Our kicking for goal, especially from the midfield, is garbage. We want to win this and take some positive feeling into preseason. If we roll over then it's more of the same s**t we've been dishing up most years.
The past 4 weeks we have Beaten the cats at home, lost to a top 4 team by 3 points, smacked the witches hat and lost to another top 4 team by less than 3 goals. We haven’t put the cue in the rack at least. I would argue our form line is pretty good.

The past 4 weeks we have Beaten the cats at home, lost to a top 4 team by 3 points, smacked the witches hat and lost to another top 4 team by less than 3 goals. We haven’t put the cue in the rack at least. I would argue our form line is pretty good.
Which is why we should still care about a meaningless game like this one

I'd like him to tag Serong just so that we get an end put to this "Brayshaw can't win clearances" nonsense.
Well if Serong gets tagged at least Brayshaw will have to be more proactive this week and not just stand behind his opponent and tackle. First possession is more relevant than clearance anyway in our case.

Obviously we should be trying to win every game, but this game isn't going to change anything. We're pretty much guaranteed a 13-15th place finish. Not much you can do about it.

Club needs to focus it's attention on pre-season and making sure the list is in good shape.

I can promise you mate, not being too fussed about a meaningless game at the end of the season isn't going to impact the club culture, it never has.

Plenty reasons to care.
  • professional athletes are paid good coin to play like professionals
  • wins intensify fan support, leading to more bums on seats and promoting membership
  • every positive playing experience is recorded in the team memory and psyche
  • ending a disappointing season with a win is a strong message for next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back