Prediction Round 24: Changes Vs Hawks + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Who cares is exactly the kind of mental attitude that plagues this club. Hawthorn have been out of finals contention for months but have knocked over the dogs, pies, lions and saints in that time, and come close against GWS and the Tiges. THey're building a team with a winning mentality. We roll over in the first quarter. Our skills are s**t. Our kicking for goal, especially from the midfield, is garbage. We want to win this and take some positive feeling into preseason. If we roll over then it's more of the same s**t we've been dishing up most years.
Separation between supporters and players is relevant.

The players can do all that stuff. We're allowed to ride the emotions. They're not.
You have to hold both? Oof.

I traded Serong last week. 90 percent sure he cops attention this week.
Now that Cripps is out I am holding Hewitt and trading Serong just to match.

What I don't understand is why don't these backmen like Logue, Cox and Clark want to play forward? Maybe it's just me, but when I played footy as a kid I just wanted to go forward and kick goals. Maybe that's cause mum used to give me $1 for every goal I kicked. You are on a hiding to nothing in the backline. Always under the pump, and then you look like an idiot if your opponent kicks a bag. As a forward it is usually your teammates who get the blame for their s**t delivery or lack of supply.
as a swingman who spent a lot of time in the backline. it becomes your cherished home if you stay to long.

Loser kicked a goal in round 2 that should’ve given him confidence.
He is just a modern day footy player, where you refuse to move from your favourite position because that is where you feel comfortable. Cox is a pretty good defender but he could be an even better forward which is a shame because we will never get to see it trialled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is just a modern day footy player, where you refuse to move from your favourite position because that is where you feel comfortable. Cox is a pretty good defender but he could be an even better forward which is a shame because we will never get to see it trialled.
If only we could see him play forward. Towards the end of the game against Port would've been a great opportunity.

Must admit I’m excited by the rumour of Brennan Cox playing forward, if true.

Not sure why you would wait until the last game though.

Must admit I’m excited by the rumour of Brennan Cox playing forward, if true.

Not sure why you would wait until the last game though.
He's a pretty handy tall back though. Good to have him as a go to forward option every now and again, not likely to be a full time permanent move though. So it's an investment that you'd probably struggle with the timing on.

Exposing Amiss, Treacy and at times Jackson to as much unfettered time to sync with each other is more exciting to me.

He's a pretty handy tall back though. Good to have him as a go to forward option every now and again, not likely to be a full time permanent move though. So it's an investment that you'd probably struggle with the timing on.

Exposing Amiss, Treacy and at times Jackson to as much unfettered time to sync with each other is more exciting to me.
This! That’s why I’d prefer Reidy is playing this week, Treacy full time forward developing synergy with Amiss and Jackson at least 30% forward to get the triple Js working should be higher priority than see how good Cox is. unless they are serious about him moving forward it seems like a waste of time.

This! That’s why I’d prefer Reidy is playing this week, Treacy full time forward developing synergy with Amiss and Jackson at least 30% forward to get the triple Js working should be higher priority than see how good Cox is. unless they are serious about him moving forward it seems like a waste of time.
Whatever else Tracey may become it's not 2nd banana. He's third Banana. Almost a key forward sized defensive medium forward.
I can see why he is being persisted with as I think his tools will make him a good player in a good side, but as second target he's a bit of a liability. Jackson either need to playing a significant percentage forward (at least a third) or we need another tall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back