Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
The countdown to season end has begun and tonight is a huge one for the Broncos. They simply can't drop this game against Souths or the Tigers will come a hunting.

6pm in Manly on friday night and it's the Sea Eagles v Titans. Who wins? I have no idea who to tip, but I reckon the Titans are due for a change of luck. Lets hope more than a handful turn up.

In a are occurance the Storm are on fta tv again Friday night when the face Parramatta. This game probably would barely have raised an eyebrow a few weeks ago, but the Eels were great last week and the Storm were well down on what we'd expect. Melbourne should win, but it won't be easy.

Super Saturday and one game stands out among the 3. The Tigers v Dragons game will become huge for Wests if the Broncos lose. The Dragons were woeful last week and they'll need to turn that around quick smart. With s much on the line I think the Tigers might just get up.

I expect Penrith to roll Newcastle and Cronulla to beat the Cowboys.

The round finishes off with the Warriors v Bulldogs and Canberra v Roosters. One pleasing aspect of the Warriors is, they've been pretty good in Australia this year and I really expect that to continue. The Roosters should bolt it in after a slow start to the game.

Penultimate round of the season and crunch time for a few clubs. Massive game to kick off the round as the Tigers look to keep their top 8 hopes alive. The moment alone should ensure they give Manly a good pantsing.

One day later it's the Warriors turn to cement a finals spot when they host the Panthers at Mt Smart in the 6pm game. With a bit of luck they'll do just that, but they're just as likely to stuff it up too. Game 2 means little to the table, but it's also the last chance for Cowboy's fans to see the great JT in action. That alone should ensure a comfortable win over the Eels.

Super Saturday and a chance for the Raiders to take another top scalp when they host Souths. Reckon they might be up to it, but it will be close. The Gold Coast play Melbourne in game 2 and again I think there won't be much in it. Titan's are more than capable of winning this game, but they'll need similar luck to last week. Finally it's another beauty when the Roosters play Brisbane. Scores should be close again and it's the Roosters in a close one.

On Sunday I expect Cronulla and the Dragons to have comfortablish wins over the Knights and Bulldogs respectively.

Should be a great round of footy with some potential gems for the fans.

Tigers aren't making it now

storm just have to win to get top 2...like u said could easily blow it

roosters are *ing idiots for losing to Canberra now have to win...again could fk it

Canberra can't win 2 in a row....it´s not in their dna....souths easily

such an even comp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I settled down to watch the two games tonight really looking to both, and the Warriors and Cowboys certainly delivered, both playing some terrific footy. Is there a better sight than seeing Shaun Johnson glide past opponents? And superb finishing to match from Fusitua and the rest, all on the back of a powerful forward effort. And then Kyle Feldt, not to be outdone... Thurston will be a sad loss to the sport, but young Clifford looks a real talent, he has something of Johnson's running style too, and I'm sure the Cowboys will want to tie him up.

Yeah, that was a shame, but a solid showing against an Panthers side who weren't terrible by any means, but looked a long way short of being real contenders. The Warriors got the bounce of the ball, but they deserved it. They look fitter than in the past, and more organised. It was impressive that Blake Green being missing didn't hamper the Warriors, with Lino, as in the past, coming in with a strong performance when required. Sharp opportunism to score his try, and always looked a threat.

Na, we're going to beat the Sharks. We might finally see Watson, Pearce and Ponga all play together again.

Yeah right.

Canterbury leading 18-0 so far so good if you are a Sharkie fan.

That 80 metre try from Reimis Smith was amazing as he out ran Matt Dafty who is no slouch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back