Preview Round 3 – North Melbourne vs GWS Giants, Saturday 8th April, 1.45pm, Blundstone Arena

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends if they play brown, preuss, goldy AND daw... which is a possibility (although a baffling one)
From memory Leon indicated he expected them too. I still have horrible memories of them ruñning out at Spotless in 2015 twice the size of our guys it seemed. That probably colours my judgement.

Unchanged - the General didn't come up and will play NEAFL

Patton corr and perryman the emergencies

Which is a bit odd. Would have thought setterfield ahead of perryman. Be interesting to see who the traveling emergency is.

Which is a bit odd. Would have thought setterfield ahead of perryman. Be interesting to see who the traveling emergency is.
Yeah, Harry and big surprise there. If not Setters, then Bm Bam I would have thought.

With none of the selected players under any injury clouds, maybe Harry goes for the experience. Possibly the reason for his selection as emergency so that Bam Bam and Setters both keep getting full games in the NEAFL and building form.

Its always nice to check in on team naming night and have the consistency of an unchanged team. The little sweeteners tonight were seeing Zac 'wild elbows' Dawson and James 'Im too good for an expansion club' Aish both copping the axe :cool:

It will be interesting to see if North make a late change as they have what too me looks like a very tall side and also lacking some outside speed.
The selection of Durdin makes me think they assumed Patton would be selected and the NM posters have been singing about Clarke all off season and he is named as an emergency only.
Also with the 2 rucks makes me think the possibility that Goldstein will not get up for this game as Goldstein would be able to ruck most of the game with Brown and Daw to provide support.
I hope to be able to watch the game live

Surprised we aren't taking advantage of the loss of Thompson. But if Patton is 100% then don't risk it. The season is a marathon and I have ant Patton to be fit for the tail end

Yeah I'm pumped for this game and I think it's an important one. I dont think North are the weak side some are suggesting and they do have a good record in Hobart. We really need to win games like this and I'm expecting a contest.
On a personal note I'm also curious to see if the crowd are rusted on North supporters or at least in part just Aussie rules fans going to a game of AFL. Ticketek were offeŕring multiple bays to Giants supporters and we had a half sized bay of around 100 seats at AO. Add a separate location for Giants supporters in GA behind the cheersquad. May not be quite as heavily outnumbered ( hopefully).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I think Patton might be a little stiff for missing I'm glad we went smaller- the conditions won't Favor the big lads trying to take pack marks- it's might be a scrap

While I think Patton might be a little stiff for missing I'm glad we went smaller- the conditions won't Favor the big lads trying to take pack marks- it's might be a scrap
The forecast is warm dry today and 50% chance of showers tomorrow. 25-30 k NW winds. Doesn't sound like bad conditiins for the talls to me? I guess if the showers eventuate and are on the heavy side ro make the conditions wet.

The forecast is warm dry today and 50% chance of showers tomorrow. 25-30 k NW winds. Doesn't sound like bad conditiins for the talls to me? I guess if the showers eventuate and are on the heavy side ro make the conditions wet.
Those winds will be a big factor though

20170408_121206.jpg

Ground looks about the same size as Spotless but with the concourse behind the bays.Only about half the area around is grandstands and one is about 6 rows deep. Not sure of capacity but it would be a fair bit less than Spotless I would think. Hard to pick the weather the Suns quite warm but the wind is starting to come up. Early yet of course but it may weĺl have an effect. Hasn't looked like rain.

View attachment 355045

Ground looks about the same size as Spotless but with the concourse behind the bays.Only about half the area around is grandstands and one is about 6 rows deep. Not sure of capacity but it would be a fair bit less than Spotless I would think. Hard to pick the weather the Suns quite warm but the wind is starting to come up. Early yet of course but it may weĺl have an effect. Hasn't looked like rain.
Looks like a lovely ground

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting ... Norths went smaller while we went larger.

North Melbourne v Greater Western Sydney at Blundstone Arena, 1.45pm AEST

LATE CHANGES
North Melbourne: Majak Daw replaced in selected side by Ryan Clarke
Greater Western Sydney:
Matt Buntine replaced in selected side by Aidan Corr

FINAL INTERCHANGES
North Melbourne: Nathan Hrovat, Ryan Clarke, Trent Dumont, Sam Gibson
Greater Western Sydney: Tim Taranto, Nathan Wilson, Adam Kennedy, Sam Reid

Interesting ... Norths went smaller while we went larger.

North Melbourne v Greater Western Sydney at Blundstone Arena, 1.45pm AEST

LATE CHANGES
North Melbourne:
Majak Daw replaced in selected side by Ryan Clarke
Greater Western Sydney: Matt Buntine replaced in selected side by Aidan Corr

FINAL INTERCHANGES
North Melbourne:
Nathan Hrovat, Ryan Clarke, Trent Dumont, Sam Gibson
Greater Western Sydney: Tim Taranto, Nathan Wilson, Adam Kennedy, Sam Reid

From the looks of Buntine's knee at the training run yesterday, the late change might not be purely tactical...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back