Preview Round 3 – North Melbourne vs GWS Giants, Saturday 8th April, 1.45pm, Blundstone Arena

Remove this Banner Ad

Great game by the boys. Even with the sloppiness they still managed to find away.

Thought mummy got towelled up a bit and shiel was a bit off with his kicking, greene was awesome as usual and liked Thommos game

So with the injuries, griff looks done for a few weeks at least but Davis stayed suited up and looked fine at the end of the game with no ice in sight. Hopefully the scans dont show anything bad.

What about johnson ? Had ice on his knee at the end there. Donwe think he will be fine

2 massive weeks coming up with 2 contenders to play in Port and Swans

Win those 2 and the season is well and truly off and running. Need peolple like Davis and Stevie fit.

Would love Cogs and lids

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

My final word on this game. A great day and weĺl worth the trip.
An odd thing was our Cheersquad was 10 people but there were larger numbers in tje Bays offerred on ticketek. Think that may have something to do with fact the cheersquad sits in GA. Might contact them and ask about interstate games, makes sense to sit with them I think. Some were on the plane and got priority check in I noticed, not that it makes much difference. The plane doesnt go until everyone's onboard.
The other thing was almost exactly the same crowd as at Spotless last week but a very passionate, crowd, similar to AO they didn't cross lines and nehaved well. A lot were fòoty fans rather than North fans I think.
I've seen passion at the WC game at Spotless last year but this crowd did us cold compared to last week. Our guys do deserve better and it's something to work on. The team is doing their bit and us supporters have to stand up at some point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrett's curse is actually starting to target specific players now! Someone tape that guys mouth shut!!

Also cogs is still weeks away. These early rounds are showing just how crucial he was to our structure.

Setterfield or bam bam in for griff I think

Sounds like we kicked away right at the end (was crossing the Hawkesbury river bridge at full time, coming back from Newcastle). The replay will be interesting to watch, because it seems like it wasn't our best performance but we still won by 42 in Tasmania.

Well done Stevie J on AFL life membership and the Joe the Goose goal from Cameron. Let's hope out 100 game man is fine, given his history with dodgy shoulders.

My boy Kelly seems to have put the speculation and pressure aside and done an excellent job.

Bit scrappy, and we couldn't snap a goal to save our lives, but got there in the end. Thought that Cal had another pretty solid inside game, and Kelly - while a little bit down on accuracy, and kicking straight to Norths players a couple of times - was consistent again in his ability to take the ball out of the contest forward. Shiel started well, and had a fair amount of ball, but wasted a lot of it today. Greene was again very influential - even though his stats show inaccurate kicking, his desire for the contest and repeatedly turning up at the right spot/right time is just so valuable for us. Very much GWS' Stevie J-type impact. Hopper is working his way into solid form - with Griffen likely out he'll need to step up further. Needs to back himself a bit more, as does Taranto who gets to right place right time but not really doing enough with the ball. I know Norths fans think that Preuss smashed Mummy, and while Preuss certainly had some influential wins against him through the first two to three quarters, I thought Mummy held his own overall, and the game-high clearances & hit outs to advantage were influential for us.

Our backs were pretty good again. Hope Davis is OK, didn't have any ice on it at the end. He, Tommo & Corr were all solid today & will need to keep improving for Port next week. Zac Williams & Nick Haynes were very important in the D50 today & working back out of it. The whole unit had pretty good disposal today after getting the ball and fairly clean - unlike the Adelaide game - so very happy with the improvement there.

Jezza had another good game, particularly coming down the ground, and best of the tall forwards on the ground. Lobb solid and 2 valuable goals. I agree that Johnson is looking a bit off this year, probably a bit worrying if we have both he & Deledio in the team at some point in the future, but I'm not sure we have better options, particularly with the midfield injury toll at the moment. As it is, presumably we'll need someone to replace Griffen. I think that Johnson will only come out if he has an injury, or has enough niggles to require a rest. Lloyd might be one option there, but even though he's mature-aged, would still be a debutant.

So, overall a bit frustrating with the missed opportunities, but apart from the goalkicking the boys were pretty solid in most facets. A solid win, away from home, at a difficult ground. Job done. Next.

My final word on this game. A great day and weĺl worth the trip.
An odd thing was our Cheersquad was 10 people but there were larger numbers in tje Bays offerred on ticketek. Think that may have something to do with fact the cheersquad sits in GA. Might contact them and ask about interstate games, makes sense to sit with them I think. Some were on the plane and got priority check in I noticed, not that it makes much difference. The plane doesnt go until everyone's onboard.
The other thing was almost exactly the same crowd as at Spotless last week but a very passionate, crowd, similar to AO they didn't cross lines and nehaved well. A lot were fòoty fans rather than North fans I think.
I've seen passion at the WC game at Spotless last year but this crowd did us cold compared to last week. Our guys do deserve better and it's something to work on. The team is doing their bit and us supporters have to stand up at some point.
Who was the dik on the TV commentry team that said the Giants only requested 15 tickets ??? Why bring that up

There was quite a bit of orange scattered around the place. Was good

Who was the dik on the TV commentry team that said the Giants only requested 15 tickets ??? Why bring that up

There was quite a bit of orange scattered around the place. Was good

Apparently there's crappy crowd numbers because of away fans. NM looking in their own backyard is apparently taboo.

1500 I think, but still.
Actually not 1, 500 I think but hundreds. Just gotta remember these people are not North fans by birth even though there was serious indoctrination regarding the Shinboner spirit played before the game and at half time.
I actually suspect there were significant lnumbers of locals backing us as they were other teams not playing, by the colours they wore.
I respect North as a club, over my lifetime they've achieved a lot with little, but I think it's a stretch to say they own Hobart from what I've seen.
That well known repository of all knowledge ie a taxi driver agreed, but also said it's quite different in Launceston where the locals have adopted the Hawks big time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back