Review Round 3, 2018 - Port Adelaide vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to be proud of that performance! Before the season started a fair few Lions supporters stated that their wish for this season was for us to reduce the blow outs and become a competitive side. We did exactly that today against a top 4 calibre team on their home deck without Beams or Rich! So impressed with the likes of Hipwood, McCluggage, Berry, Witherden and Rayner!

The end was one of those "no way are the umpires going to blow a whistle here" and sure enough, spoil to the head, held off the ball, all without a sausage.

Great finish by the guys though, and excellent composure.

Great game. So proud of these boys. Without their captain and out of legs and still fought to within a kick. 1 metre away from a win. A loss hurts but s**t like this is character building. Watch out, Tigers.

I hope this doesn’t come off as at all patronising but * me your boys taught us one hell of a lesson today and hopefully Port can learn from it. You’ve some great kids turning into flat out great players and it will be a joy to see you guys up and about again with the way you play your football

“Honourable loss” gets thrown around way too much, but that was the real deal.

Great, great effort on the road without our captain. There is real untapped gold in this list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope this doesn’t come off as at all patronising but **** me your boys taught us one hell of a lesson today and hopefully Port can learn from it. You’ve some great kids turning into flat out great players and it will be a joy to see you guys up and about again with the way you play your football

Cheers Jack. Enjoy the win.

It's a s**t sport sometimes. Great effort though. Another week and more fight shown. In years gone by we would've rolled over in the third when they got on top.

Cutler got tackled without the *ingg ball fmd umpires are too weak to make big calls

If only Razor Ray was out there today... :(

I’m not proud. I’m sick of being proud of losses. I hope the team is a absolutely gutted and that sits horribly in the stomach. I hope it spurs them to greater things.
Don’t get me wrong there was so much to like about that effort. It’s a step in the right direction. A big one. But it’s also another loss and accepting them as long as it’s a good effort is a cancer.

There was a spoil to the head of one of our players in the last few seconds right?
Terrible umpiring in that game

Yep, elbow right across his face.

I hope this doesn’t come off as at all patronising but **** me your boys taught us one hell of a lesson today and hopefully Port can learn from it. You’ve some great kids turning into flat out great players and it will be a joy to see you guys up and about again with the way you play your football
For sure. Port always the top team on size and experience there, but nice for the young list to take it to them.

Back