Round 3, 2018. St Kilda Saints V Adelaide Dockers @ Etihad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Two of Elliot, Fasolo and De Goey will be back. We won't have any problems with our forward line. Talia may stop Cox and/or Reid, but our small forwards and mids will rip you apart in front of goal. The Saints have no small forwards, so no worries for you there tonight. But let's see you try the same tricks next week.
I think laird in All Australian form will take 1 of those, Talia the other and brown is going alright. Seriously. You guys aren't even close.

Based on what? Adelaide couldn't even beat Essendon.

First round hardly proves anything. Look at St Kilda for example...

I would say that the Round 1 loss for Adelaide was due to the ground. If they were playing at Adelaide Oval, I would expect a different result. Just like I would expect Adelaide to beat Collingwood comfortably on Friday night.

I'd get use to it bud , got another 2 years of it to come...you can't sack him cause the payout would be too large.
Gil has already put your management on notice about your precarious financial situation before the season started
Yep could be right.we are a minnow. What's your excuse? Freos never had a team anywhere near as good as saints 2009

Alan Richardson should just quit. What's the point in staying? Not including Membrey, St Kilda have 4 people on their injury list. Only one of those people (Billy Longer) could be considered best 22. They played at their home ground. There was no weather to speak of. No in-game injuries. They are not playing kids. They were playing a side from interstate, who had big name players out. So what is the excuse? Any team this far along in development would kill to have all these boxes checked.

I don't think he's got what it takes, but we do have the second youngest list in the comp. 4 players tonight had under 10 games. 9 in total had less than 50. None had more than Geary's 166 games. The players will be better at the end of next year regardless of what Richo does.

19k is pathetic from the Saints.

Could barely hear them all night either.

Just wind them up, their fans dont care, their players dont care.

One absolute nuffie on level 2 threw a pear into the Adelaide cheer squad below. Luckily their aim was as poor as their team's and it missed the target. Stay classy (and irrelevant) Saints fans.

We do care. Don't group us all together mate. Some of us are hurting plenty with how the club is tracking right now.

I said multiple times during the game that I felt bad for Saints fans.... must be horribly frustrating to watch week in week out with the skill level so poor.

The amount of miss kicks that just went out on the full when there wasn't pressure or running towards goal 40m out on a slight angle and all the players missing badly.

Its hard to be a fan sometimes.

We do care. Don't group us all together mate. Some of us are hurting plenty with how the club is tracking right now.

The crowd numbers are poor but I thought you guys made a lot of noise in that first half at least. Going quiet in the second half was just a natural response to what the team was dishing up.

Alcoholics annonymous

They don't use that term at Hawthorn. They prefer to call them "good blokes".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

19k is pathetic from the Saints.

Could barely hear them all night either.

Just wind them up, their fans dont care, their players dont care.

One absolute nuffie on level 2 threw a pear into the Adelaide cheer squad below. Luckily their aim was as poor as their team's and it missed the target. Stay classy (and irrelevant) Saints fans.

I agree. Time to get rid of them and North.

Two of Elliot, Fasolo and De Goey will be back. We won't have any problems with our forward line. Talia may stop Cox and/or Reid, but our small forwards and mids will rip you apart in front of goal. The Saints have no small forwards, so no worries for you there tonight. But let's see you try the same tricks next week.
Pies are panels behind Crows.

Adelaide by 8 goals

Pro tip:

St. Kilda : 3 AFL Pre-season premierships
Richmond: a big fat ZERO with virtually no hope of catching up …

Therefore:
Saints will forever > Tigers by a factor of infinity.

Am I doing this right?
Not quite
Saints: 3gfs
2 minor afl flags, 12 Top Afl 4s
Richmond 1gf
0 minor afl flags, 4 Top Afl 4s

Fact: saints have out performed shitmond in the afl.

I don't know whether it comes down to training, pre season training or just players that can't play but when you got players that can't hit targets 20 meters away and drop chest marks and miss 5 meter handballs, It doesn't matter what the coaches plan is, the players aren't skilful enough to execute it.

Again, that may come back to the training the coaches are implementing, but the players aren't doing Richardson any favours with their skill level.

Fact is I honestly think the AFL have spread the competition to thin with gold Coast and gws and we have a lot of ordinary matches these days. There just aren't enough elite players to make 18 elite teams.

Looking forward to the next 100 years and what's best for the game The AFL should just cut their losses with GC and bin them, and they should do the same with 3 Victorian clubs, there are just to many Victorian teams to be financially sustainable . bring it back to a 14 team comp, a strong 14 team comp where everyone plays each other twice in a 28 round season.

But it would take a CEO with big balls and a plan to fulfil that, and gil certainly isn't the man to do it.

Not quite
Richmond 1gf

A minor flag hey?
Where abouts do you hang it at Moorabbin?

Not quite
Richmond 1gf

You're still here embarrassing yourself!!!
A Saints supporter trying to win an argument by quoting history with their tragic record??? WTF!:straining:

OK - Simple question.
Would you trade in the 3gfs, 2 minor afl flags, 12 afl top 4's for ONE AFL FLAG?
Hmm, I thought so...
So who's ahead? :p
EVERYONE is ahead of the Saints - except for Melbourne, Fremantle, Gold Coast and GWS who are also yet to win an AFL premiership
(but the Suns and the Dockers have less AFL wooden spoons than the Saints;))

(BTW where are you appearing at the Melbourne Comedy Festival? - you're a hoot:D)

Last edited:
Lol. He goes to vfl to feel large. Mate Afl started in 1990

Cool. How many AFL flags you got?

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Not quite
Richmond 1gf

What’s a minor AFL flag?

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Remove this Banner Ad

Back