Preview Round 3, 2020: Collingwood v St.Kilda - MCG, Saturday 20th June, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Saints

Votes: 37 63.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t see much in Marsh. But would love to be proven wrong.
I saw him at Traralgon giving James Frawley a bit of a runaround. Seriously powerful athlete with some good footy smarts. I'm a bit surprised he's in with the other talls - thought he'd get a call up when we played one Ruckman. Tough match up for the Pies.

I’m not arguing he is Bonts level. I’m arguing that the piece of skill which we are seeing more and more from Hunter isn’t getting enough recognition. It’s literally a spearing right foot onto the tit. Continues running for a handball and then using his vision spots Steele, pulls his next kick on his non preferred mid sprint in traffic and perfectly executes.

It was an Elite execution of skills.
14/22 didnt play last week.

Insane amount of changes.
when was the collingwood v saints game last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't play 4 talls forwards in modern footy. Especially not in the wet.
You do whatever you want. If the talls are King-who's fast, aggressive, agile and has good ball skills
Membrey - who's not even tall and is fit and agile
Marsh - fast, aggressive and agile
Roma - resting ruckman

Maybe the 4th tall is always on the bench meaning we are playing only 3 tallish fwds.
Play to your strengths and don't follow anyone else.
It's ballsy and I like it. So much better than the past years.

Marsh is a good in. It will be a tough slog at ground level, I just hope we don't run out of soldiers later on. Maybe a late in depending on weather

You do whatever you want. If the talls are King-who's fast, aggressive, agile and has good ball skills
Membrey - who's not even tall and is fit and agile
Marsh - fast, aggressive and agile
Roma - resting ruckman

Maybe the 4th tall is always on the bench meaning we are playing only 3 tallish fwds.
Play to your strengths and don't follow anyone else.
It's ballsy and I like it. So much better than the past years.
Having to constantly have a tall on the bench then limits the rotations of our mids against one of the best and deepest midfields on the comp.

Will be fascinating because Membrey is considered a 'tall' only because he is a great overhead mark and the shape of our list the last ~5 years (that mainly being, Paddy unable to get on the park). There are 19 players on our list who are (listed) taller than Membrey.

If Marsh spends time as a taller target, personally I am salivating at the idea that a Pies will need to rotate a smaller defender onto Membrey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back