Review Round 3, 2021 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hodge made a few comments during the commentary that Daniher needs to stop trying to do the miraculous with every possession and give off the simple handball/kick when required

I didn't notice any of that TBH. A couple of basic skill errors but thats it. I didn't see any hanger attempts that were out of place, I didn't see any look away passes, didn't see any selfish shots at goal. Saw him working hard up the wing for 18 possessions and 9 marks and saw him kick 3.3 on Moore. A bit lost with this angle.

Hodge made a few comments during the commentary that Daniher needs to stop trying to do the miraculous with every possession and give off the simple handball/kick when required

I thought the same at times. But he is a super talented player and if it’s apart of him gaining his confidence back, I’m all for him doing what he is doing. He’ll continue to improve.

That was exactly what he said. "That wasn't holding the ball last week".

Im not sure its a good option. I hated hearing him say it. Just a small crack of immaturity coming from someone the group calls 'Dad'. I didn't like it one bit.

I've always thought being 'dad' at 20 or whenever it started was tough on Andrews. It marked him as separate from his age peers and will have impacted socially and made him feel like to has to take on extra responsibility.

He might be ok with it ATM, but no kid should have to mature so far past their peers that quickly.

I didn't notice any of that TBH. A couple of basic skill errors but thats it. I didn't see any hanger attempts that were out of place, I didn't see any look away passes, didn't see any selfish shots at goal. Saw him working hard up the wing for 18 possessions and 9 marks and saw him kick 3.3 on Moore. A bit lost with this angle.

it was reference to one particular play. Tried to kick around the corner when the clear option was to handball to guys we had running forward. Hodge was correct in this instance.

It was more sometimes do the obvious Joe rather than attempt a miracle play that was never really on.

Went to Storm v Broncos at AAMI park last night and a number of the Lions players were there. I happened to walk past Zac Bailey and congratulate rat on his kick, while he was thanking me Zorko went off "see rat, they all know you now rat, they love you rat" 😂

Went to Storm v Broncos at AAMI park last night and a number of the Lions players were there. I happened to walk past Zac Bailey and congratulate rat on his kick, while he was thanking me Zorko went off "see rat, they all know you now rat, they love you rat" 😂
Did you say, hey Rat, congratulations on the kick last night?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not sure its a good option. I hated hearing him say it. Just a small crack of immaturity coming from someone the group calls 'Dad'. I didn't like it one bit.

Player has a little word to the umpire when he is on the wrong end of a lineball decision, so he thinks about it next time? Immature? Over reaction, IMO. We don't got robots on our team.

The selfish thing was Charlie taking the mark when he could have just shepherd the ball through.😂

Never. Had Charlie tried to shepherd, Howe is too big and would have got a touch on it. Charlie played it perfectly. To get up to impede him, he was obliged to play the ball.

Joe is an unconventional player and the sooner people accept that the better.

If you expect him to play conventionally you are going to neuter him significantly. Having different expectations and requirements of an individual player might go against what we think is “lions footy” but this is what we signed up for.

We haven’t gone all in on a player like this since Aker. For your own enjoyment and sanity... strap yourself in and enjoy the ride and don’t harp on every single moment that doesn’t quite come off.

I love the Joe show.

Last edited:

Naah. It's cool. Referencing deplorable match changing decisions should be par for the course. At the time I thought "well done Dad."

Never. Had Charlie tried to shepherd, Howe is too big and would have got a touch on it. Charlie played it perfectly. To get up to impede him, he was obliged to play the ball.
I was being a bit facetious with the comment.
It was a fantastic mark by Charlie. And honestly, I am not quite sure how he did it actually.

I was being a bit facetious with the comment.
It was a fantastic mark by Charlie. And honestly, I am not quite sure how he did it actually.
i was in awe watching the replay on how he read the ball, read where Howe was and made the leap to catch it, all while running back with the ball.

great stuff, completely neutralized howe

Player has a little word to the umpire when he is on the wrong end of a lineball decision, so he thinks about it next time? Immature? Over reaction, IMO. We don't got robots on our team.
Im not over reacting. I said I was a little disappointed and it showed a little bit of immaturity. An over reaction would be me calling for him to be dropped from the leadership group.

Naah. It's cool. Referencing deplorable match changing decisions should be par for the course. At the time I thought "well done Dad."
I couldn't disagree anymore. A weeks a long time in football. The boys should be fully moved on. That showed he wasn't. Its all fine at the end. Win or lose. Their heads were in the game. They played well enough to win. Next time I feel maybe not bring it up.

i was in awe watching the replay on how he read the ball, read where Howe was and made the leap to catch it, all while running back with the ball.

great stuff, completely neutralized howe
Howe is a remarkably great one on one player too. That was amazing from Charlie.

Back