Review Round 3, 2021 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
One of the headlines following the win

Spec- Zac - ular

As a Lions fan, I smirked.

As an English teacher...
B4D6B163-3E0E-4B13-95DF-4359A89D21D5.gif

Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
As a Lions fan, I smirked.

As an English teacher...
View attachment 1092832

One of my grade 6 students (only Gold Coast supporter in the school) wrote last week that they had a ‘sun-sational’ win over North Melbourne. Had to give him credit for that haha.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Joe is an unconventional player and the sooner people accept that the better.

If you expect him to play conventionally you are going to neuter him significantly. Having different expectations and requirements of an individual player might go against what we think is “lions footy” but this is what we signed up for.

We haven’t gone all in on a player like this since Aker. For your own enjoyment and sanity... strap yourself in and enjoy the ride and don’t harp on every single moment that doesn’t quite come off.

I love the Joe show.
I didn't see any moments of selfishness at all .

What on earth are people talking about.

We recruited him to do the things others just couldn't do anyway.

He played a fantastic game on Friday night.

If you expect him to play conventionally you are going to neuter him significantly. Having different expectations and requirements of an individual player might go against what we think is “lions footy” but this is what we signed up for.

We haven’t gone all in on a player like this since Aker. For your own enjoyment and sanity... strap yourself in and enjoy the ride and don’t harp on every single moment that doesn’t quite come off.

I love the Joe show.

He's currently averaging more score involvements than he did in his AA year and is still learning the habits of his team mates etc. He will only get better from here and he's already exciting a.f to watch.

Went to Storm v Broncos at AAMI park last night and a number of the Lions players were there. I happened to walk past Zac Bailey and congratulate rat on his kick, while he was thanking me Zorko went off "see rat, they all know you now rat, they love you rat" 😂

In a roar deal podcast Bailey said he doesn't like the nickname but he can't change it himself. Kinda sucks to tell your kids in 20 years that you were called rat. Hopefully they come up with something better

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
In a roar deal podcast Bailey said he doesn't like the nickname but he can't change it himself. Kinda sucks to tell your kids in 20 years that you were called rat. Hopefully they come up with something better
zero chance, that one has stuck now

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
remember Joe has not played much. New Club as well.
Wait to round 10 and see what he does.
He seems really happy. Happy players play best.
He still needs to get to know the players in a game and them him.
Saw a few times they kicked it not to where he lead. Was a few times he prob could of gave a handball away.
Although like Charlie when you got talent to burn and within 50. You do not think to give it off first :)

Bernie05

Debutant
Feb 26, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I love the Joe show.
I agree with all that but if the term "Lions Footy" takes off I'll spew up. Who are we St Kilda?

Last edited:
exact words "great kick last night rat" ;)

Mate, I am in my 60's - and maybe a bit old fashioned - but I ask myself , do you have the right to call him that? Nicknames are something that mates/those close to the individual use - not some completely unknown fanboy. He has publicly said he does not like the name, so I imagine he would have been extatic being referenced by it on a night off.

No wonder Zorks had a say. Not what I would expect from a captain out with team mates, but.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I love the Joe show.

Same. Such a special footy player. He is going to tear a game apart soon. Working nicely into form. People also need to remember too - that outside of a few... dead rubber, Woosha funeral games last year, he hasn't played for 2.5 years, still getting his touch back.

Back