Preview Round 3, 2021: Essendon v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 3rd April, 4:35PM AEDT *STEELE 100TH* *CLARK 50TH* *CROUCH DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Bombers

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 51 85.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
c4EcbXG.png

Really need to bounce back on Saturday and hopefully one of Ryder or Marshall return.

I was nervous about this game until last night. Surely we don’t drop two games in a row we should win. Sticking with the aberration theory.

Ryder crouch Carlisle in for Webster highmore and hunter.
Same changes for me.

Leaves us with a better looking overall side, though we are still lacking in a genuine small defender. Highmore stiff to be dropped, but we need another genuine key back and he's just the unlucky one.

Give the 3 smalls one more chance before making a change there.

FB: Long Howard Wilkie
HB: Coffield Carlisle Sinclair
C: Hill Steele Billings
HF: Higgins King Membrey
FF: Lonie McKernan Butler
R: Ryder Crouch Gresham
I/C: Clark, Ross, Battle, Jones

Having had a hard slog up in GWS & then the emotion of Spud's game, was all too much for the lads. But they should bounce back against the depleted bomber's.

Round 3 Team:

B.Kent Howard Wilkie

H.B. Coffield Highmore Sinclair

C. Billings Clark Crouch

H.F. Butler Membrey Wood

F. Battle King Higgins

Foll. Ryder Steele Gresham

Inter. Hill, Jones, Lonie, Ross

Outs: Hunter, Long, McKernan, Webster

Last edited:
Having had a hard slog up in GWS & then the emotion of Spud's game, was all too much for the lads. But they should bounce back against the depleted bomber's.

Round 3 Team:

B.Kent Howard Wilkie

C. Billings Clark Crouch

H.F. Butler Membrey Wood

F. Battle King Higgins

Taking the piss with Kent back pocket?

Round 3 Team:

B.Kent Howard Wilkie

C. Billings Clark Crouch

H.F. Butler Membrey Wood

F. Battle King Higgins

Was Long injured?

Round 3 Team:

B.Kent Howard Wilkie

C. Billings Clark Crouch

H.F. Butler Membrey Wood

F. Battle King Higgins

Kent in? Surely not....

I’m super confident about this for 2 reasons:

- Not having a ruck will not have such an impact as playing against Gawn. Playing with Hunter really is like playing with no ruck and we’d be as well conceding the hit outs and putting an extra mid in to crumb in these circumstances.

- Essendon really are no good this year and they have just had some bad injuries.

I hope that Ryder comes back this week and this game can be more of a warm up game for him.

If we are not able to absolutely belt Essendon this week then I can’t see us going too far this year. I have zero respect for their playing list as a collective, well zero respect for their existence generally, but they really are absolute mince.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey all. Newer fan here from Canada in my second year following the Saints. Still learning the game so expect some dumb questions at points. Can't watch all the games due to the time difference, but should be able to catch the last three quarters of this one. Hopefully the Saints can pull off the victory. From what I saw last week it seemed like we turned over the ball way too much. It seemed to me there were lots of times where Melbourne marked our kicks or intercepted our passes? Am I mistaken in thinking that? I'm still learning about strategy and what not so I'm not sure how many turnovers constitutes a bad game.

Hey all. Newer fan here from Canada in my second year following the Saints. Still learning the game so expect some dumb questions at points. Can't watch all the games due to the time difference, but should be able to catch the last three quarters of this one. Hopefully the Saints can pull off the victory. From what I saw last week it seemed like we turned over the ball way too much. It seemed to me there were lots of times where Melbourne marked our kicks or intercepted our passes? Am I mistaken in thinking that? I'm still learning about strategy and what not so I'm not sure how many turnovers constitutes a bad game.

You are correct. Our kicking to team mates was extremely poor. The worst that I can recall for many seasons.

Last week in the wet we were much better. In wet (raining) conditions you will expect to see more errant kicks than in dry conditions.

Welcome to a new Saints supporter and the BF page.
Youll need a strong constitution for both, at times. 😃

Welcome mate!

I’m a relocated Melburnian living in Sweden and love Ice Hockey. Saw your Senators here in Stockholm live a couple of years back in the NHL international series: one of the highlights of my sport watching life. Hockey really is an amazing live sport to watch.

Great to have you on board the Saints! For better or worse, there’s no team like us in the world (although unfortunately we don’t have a rookie like Stützle). Ask any questions you want, am sure we’ll help out.

Don't rate Essendon at all. Should be a comfortable 6+ goal win. I believe last night was just an anomaly. Were a much better team then what we showed.

On Pixel 4 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app
seen this a lot in the Melbourne pre game thread

seen this a lot in the Melbourne pre game thread
Who cares? Nobody from this forum is running out there. We can say whatever we want. As long as the players don’t think it.

and if they are thinking it after last night’s performance we deserve to lose.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Wood in to replace McKernan. Question is can he ruck for 5 mins per quarter.
Hunter is lower level ordinary but we have no options till M & R return.
Would just rather Battle be given a permanent forward role

King Membrey Battle
Butler Higgins Lonie/Gresh

Who cares? Nobody from this forum is running out there. We can say whatever we want. As long as the players don’t think it.

and if they are thinking it after last night’s performance we deserve to lose.
Ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back