Game Day Round 3, 2021: Essendon v St.Kilda *STEELE 100TH* *CLARK 50TH* *CROUCH DEBUT*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrian Lonestar

All Australian
Dec 8, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Media gets to our heads too easily like it did last year when they said we were finals bound then fell away badly in the last part of the season. We are suckers for big heads and we think it's all just going to happen.

Pathetic insipid performance, one of the worst I've ever seen.
100% we are. Big head triggered by not much.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Playing like a bunch of individuals rather than a team, we've had less talented teams than this but they played as a team and were better than this.

I've said it before and I'll say it again we need to bring back Grant Thomas, we played the best Saints team footy I've seen under him.

MrFoster

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Here is the crux of the issue. Been bubbling away for a while now.

Thing is our offence was so white hot and absolute fire that it masked the problem most of the time.
This is exactly what happened in Richo’s last year.. particularly in the game against cats... when we were bombing the ball blindly to our out numbered forwards and getting killed on the counter because our backs had to run forward to press and already behind their opponent when we lose the ball..

We actually have a pretty good list now compared to 2 years ago.. (need Ryder as the starting ruck and more midfield muscle).. just need a suitable game plan to make the most of it:.

When Essendon have a forward entry like that there’s oodles of space for someone to lead into. We do it and it’s crowded af.

We’ve completely misread how to play under these new rules.
Dare I say our list was set for 2019 rules rather then 2021 rules

AFL ****ed us over

Sep 17, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester City, AIK, Raiders
When Essendon have a forward entry like that there’s oodles of space for someone to lead into. We do it and it’s crowded af.

We’ve completely misread how to play under these new rules.
Bingo, it’s like a phone booth in our forward line.

Imagine Max King with an open forward line: un-defendable.

LJC05

Senior List
Oct 9, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Max King cannot make a lead or is strong enough in the wrestle inside 50. Why aren’t we letting hI’m, up the ground to run free and get free into some space. He might find some of it and provide a decent target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back