Review Round 3, 2021 GWS Giants v Melbourne Demons - Manuka Oval, Sunday 4 April, 6.10 pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly wooden spoon is a very real possibility. And we don’t have the crowd numbers to sustain going back there

And players CERTAINLY do not want to stay at this club when not in finals contention

Worrying times for the club

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Taranto....

I won’t keep harping on about it, because I don’t seem to get any responses, but his kicking is diabolical. It’s shocking. Can we be honest?

We don’t have the players to

Problem is continually trading players, at a loss. This multiplies. If you draft a player, then trade for 80% of value, then trade that player for 80% of value, have now only got .8*.8=64% of value.
I mean we traded bonar ( pick 11) for I think 40, Devon smith was points wise about about pick 40, rory lobb for 2 40's picks, the list ( pardon the pun)
goes on. Clubs have no shame in ripping us off as initial picks given were too generous.I guess I blame afl admin, but am not in the know like other posters. Have we just got dud list managers/ medical staff.

Time to play the kids and they will all have an extended run of games and I would liken this year to 2014 so i would expect 6 wins and what is important is seeing the youth get games and hopefully form a game plan suited to the current game and team
Cumming and Ash getting plenty of the ball today is a good start

We were good tonight, the injuries too much in the end.
Couple of crucial calls at crucial times went against us. The one call on Hopper changed us about to enter 50 at speed to Viney hitting Fawn up for a goal when the game was on is one that comes to mind.
XO was a real plus, looked a very good player.

Sadly wooden spoon is a very real possibility. And we don’t have the crowd numbers to sustain going back there

And players CERTAINLY do not want to stay at this club when not in finals contention

Worrying times for the club

You're seeing the glass half empty but if you're right aboit us being spoon contenders then a saving grace might be the fact the AFL gave gold coast priority draft selections when they were in trouble sooo...

We really need to stop continuously dropping Green every other game. I understand he's got areas of his game he needs to work on but his confidence and style looks shot. It looked like it took him a while to really get into this game.

Also XOH was good, I hope he gets more opportunity over the coming weeks with Cogs and De Boer out.

In isolation, I can’t fault our team’s effort tonight in the face of a decimated bench.

TFG’s Captain’s performance was inspirational, and some impressive next gen performances from the likes of Taylor, Ash and X.

However, three weeks ago my benchmark for Leon and his coaching team was that we would be 3 and 3 after R6.

So it is a shock to now contemplate a possible 3 and 19 season.

Agree we should now be looking to blood our young players every week.

The onus is now on the Board and CEO to acknowledge we are officially in a rebuild.

Further, to articulate the case for the current coaching structure in a rebuild - because that was not Matthews’s public rationale for Leon’s extension.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back