IN: Wingard, Lewis

OUT: Ceglar (omitted), Day (injured)

B: Hardwick, Hartigan, Jiath

HB: Scrimshaw, Frost, Impey

C: Morrison, Mitchell, Phillips

HF: Wingard, Koschitzke, Burgoyne

F: Brockman, Lewis, Breust

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Shiels, Moore, O’Brien, Howe, Hanrahan (Sub)

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
OUT: Day (inj), TOB, Hanrahan

IN: Scrimshaw, Downie, Lewis

Is Wingard ready? I’d personally drop one of Shiels/O’Meara/Worpel and play him midfield if so. Unless redeployed into new roles, we can’t keep running with those three as the support crew for Mitchell. We need something different in there other than mid-paced, mid-sized ball winners who turn it over and make poor decisions. And if they can’t play other roles, we can’t keep playing all three.

Don't think Kosi is going to be dropped.
Some of his marking contests and second efforts today were really disappointing.

He has Lewis breathing down his neck.

I would still keep Koschitzke in the team. Let’s see how he works alongside Lewis. By playing Lewis as the number one forward, it means that Koschitzke now gets the second best defender and that might give him a bit more freedom inside 50.

LMGjr

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hanrahan was the only player who put in repeat efforts all day today, why do people want him dropped?
He's working hard - I'm sure the coaches would have seen that. Doesn't mean he won't make way but it's not because of some of the stuff being written i think.

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Both O'Brien and Koschitzke were disappointing, Lewis need to come in after his "5" Goals today in the VFL.
Philips needs support on the wing, he's average at the best of times but being ran off his feet isn't helping.
I got the Howe call wrong last week, one of the few bodies which stood up to the Richmond pressure.

In: Scrimshaw, Lewis
Out: Day, Koschitzke

Some of his marking contests and second efforts today were really disappointing.

He has Lewis breathing down his neck.

Kosi just played his second game. O'Brien has almost 80 games under his belt and was thrashed by his opponent today. I would be dropping O'Brien before Koschitzke.

Chad for Dylan Moore or Hanrahan
Lewis for Kosi (or TOB)
Scrimshaw for Day

Last edited:

Hodginator

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I’m going with:

Scrim in for Day.
Chad in for Hanrahan
Cousins into the guts, push JOM to a wing or forward flank. Out Howe.
And maybe Lewis in for Cegs/TOB.

Edit. Maybe a bit harsh on Howe. Not sure who else though. But I do like the idea of Cousins in the midfield to release JOM. Or perhaps Chad coming in helps with that anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back