Preview Round 3, 2021 : Hawks v Cats, Easter Monday 3:20pm @MCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
If Obrien can get 9 years and 100 games Lewis and kosi can at least get a fair chance this season. Jeka too.

I'm not trying to suggest that they will give instantly better output than Obrien just that by now it doesn't appear like Obrien is going to get the job done for us.

The other 3 need to be given the opportunity this year to develop and for us to judge them. I have high hopes for the 3 of them as I did Obrien years ago.

We may find after this year that none will make it and we need to draft/trade/fa another tall but we may end up finding out which will be the next premiership forwards.

Imagine if we didn't play Roughead, Franklin and Boyle in 05,06,07.

And imagine if we didn't play them because we had the likes of Nathan Thompson hanging around. It's time for the next generation to see if they can make it.

Last edited:

JZedd

Team Captain
Feb 24, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't care how many bad games they put in, play Kosi and Mitch together every week they are fit like we did Buddy and Roughy. They are the future and need to learn to play with each other.
This was my main point. We ALL concede we're rebuilding yet I doubt we have the patience..."normally" KP players need time to fill out and then get 30-40 games into them.
Yep... Franklin and Roughead were rare pick ups.

AlwaysHawks15

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Geelongs selection of Holmes reek of recycling through their kids because there no good. Not saying Holmes wont be but i would back our younger guys over theirs anyday. They have Parfitt and Miers you would consider decent to good. Brockman has already showed more than Constable or Zac Guthrie in 2 games. Duncan and Wingard cancel eachother out. Our ins much more significant. We stop Hawkins having a meaningful impact we are a sneaky chance here. There not that much better than us on paper.

We comparing our strategy of playing once in a generation talents Rough and Bud to Lewis and Kosi?

Im 1000% behind our kids and certainly all for this weeks changes, but there was absolutely no doubt at all rough and bud would make it, they had X factor from day 1. Kosi wasn’t even playing forward until a few weeks ago and Lewis was pick 72 for a reason. They are speculative. Which is great! But it’s a completely different situation.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Maybe a mature body in Wingard and a youngster in Lewis offsets losing a mature body in O’Brien and a youngster in hanrahan.

you just can’t decide to play a young forward line and hope for the best

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Geelongs selection of Holmes reek of recycling through their kids because there no good. Not saying Holmes wont be but i would back our younger guys over theirs anyday. They have Parfitt and Miers you would consider decent to good. Brockman has already showed more than Constable or Zac Guthrie in 2 games. Duncan and Wingard cancel eachother out. Our ins much more significant. We stop Hawkins having a meaningful impact we are a sneaky chance here. There not that much better than us on paper.

‘I have noticed that Geelong have played and turned over quite a few youngsters since their last flag and stayed at the top end of the ladder.
they have looked a bit fragile recently though

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Knicks/Football Giants
We comparing our strategy of playing once in a generation talents Rough and Bud to Lewis and Kosi?

Im 1000% behind our kids and certainly all for this weeks changes, but there was absolutely no doubt at all rough and bud would make it, they had X factor from day 1. Kosi wasn’t even playing forward until a few weeks ago and Lewis was pick 72 for a reason. They are speculative. Which is great! But it’s a completely different situation.

Only comparing them because they were our last two young key forwards from our last rebuild and were given a chance to play with each other through thin times. Of course these two won't come close to them, we likely won't have another two close in our lifetimes.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
We need to shut down Duncan.

Howe is too slow on the outside, so it has to be Shiels IMO. If we shut him down then their goes their best link man and best field kick.

We can back Mitchell, JOM, Worpel and Wingard to go head to head with Selwood, Guthrie, Parfitt and Higgins.

Aside from Duncan we have all watched Higgins absolutely torch us multiple times. Hopefully we can quell his and Smith's influence too.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Howe is too slow on the outside, so it has to be Shiels IMO. If we shut him down then their goes their best link man and best field kick.

We can back Mitchell, JOM, Worpel and Wingard to go head to head with Selwood, Guthrie, Parfitt and Higgins.

Aside from Duncan we have all watched Higgins absolutely torch us multiple times. Hopefully we can quell his and Smith's influence too.
Selwood is the barometer. Keep him quiet and we'll win this.

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dont mind the look of the side , think we can trouble them a little bit tomorrow if we focus on our strengths.
Wingard a huge in , midfield becomes more flexible and a proven goal kicker.

We really are Gunston away from a decent quite a decent forwardline mix.

Can't afford the start we gave the Tigs last week .

AlwaysHawks15

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Higgins hasnt fired a shot yet. Been well down on his past few years. Need to remember he is well past his peak now and i doubt he was recruited to do alot of heavy lifting which he will be doing tomorow without Danger and Menegola there. He was recruited as the cream to assist the others in getting them a flag. They will need him to find his best form IMO.

Kuuz

Norm Smith Medallist
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory TSM
Hopefully Impey also touches up Tom Atkins for tunnelling him in 2019, causing his ACL injury.

Still pissed at the fact that prick got nothing for tunnelling Impey under the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back