Toast Round 3, 2021: Sandringham v Box Hill, May 2nd, Trevor Barker oval @ 2:30

Remove this Banner Ad

Box Hill travel to Sandy, to take on the winless Zebras next Sunday.
We still havent quite had a good run at it selection wise at Box Hill. You look at the team first named yesterday and then took out Hartley Cousins Magginess and Downie which is a massive blow. It is just stupid that these 4 will not play any form of football this weekend other than 1 who may get some minutes as the sub. So it's hard to tell if Box hill is any good yet.

Interesting Sam on SEN today mentioned that a medical sub unused in AFL can play VFL the next day.

So they get credited an AFL game and a VFL game on the same weekend. Weird, but definitely practical.

Just a shame Box Hill seem to play before Hawthorn 9 times out of 10.

Greaves is eligible to play. Brockman has been named.

Is that Will Bravo as the emergency?

Round 3 team

IN: Hartley, Downie, Howe, J.Deluca, Blanck

OUT: Bramble, Jeka, Saunders, Horner, E Le Grice

B: Walker, Hartley, Pepper

HB: Downie, Beasley, Greaves

C: De Wit, Newcombe, Howe

HF: Adduci, Nash, Morris

F: Mascitti, Reeves, Brockman

R: Brooksby, Deluca, Mynott

INT: Porter, Greene, E.Phillips, Blanck

EMG: C.Beasley, Kilpatrick, Horner, Bravo

We'll need a big effort down there today against a Sandringham side containing Shaun McKernan, Sam Dunnell, Ben Long, Jake Carlisle, Dean Kent, Paul Hunter, Mason Wood & Luke Dunstan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally get a Box Hill game in my neck of the woods again and I can’t get there.

Hope Brockman, Pepper, Downie and Reeves have big days. We need it.

Hoping for some positives today to focus on after yesterday result. Reeves especially as big boy was dominated. Downie outside run and kicking also.

Paul Hunter has had the best of Reeves at ruck contests so far. He's engaging early when he can so Ned doesn't get the chance to jump, but Ned has found himself more involved in general play. Including what should have been a goal assist for a good low inside 50 kick to Brooksby. Hunter would be the biggest, most experienced ruckman Reeves has faced outside of Hawthorn training this year I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back