Toast Round 3, 2021: Sandringham v Box Hill, May 2nd, Trevor Barker oval @ 2:30

Remove this Banner Ad

I think u only hear from the miserable guts when we r losing just check the thread early. They dissapear when we do well. A game of footy is played over 4 qtrs. The hawthorn game plan had nothing to do with it it was all about effort

I think u only hear from the miserable guts when we r losing just check the thread early. They dissapear when we do well. A game of footy is played over 4 qtrs. The hawthorn game plan had nothing to do with it it was all about effort
With the way the game was playing, you’d expect Sandy to run away in the last quarter. But it’s about Guts & Determination, and our boys had belief and played to the conditions and rose to the occasion ...what a great win for all involved

Mate I had to turn if off because of the umpiring in the second - but thanks to everyone who stuck and provided written reports instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the way the game was playing, you’d expect Sandy to run away in the last quarter. But it’s about Guts & Determination, and our boys had belief and played to the conditions and rose to the occasion ...what a great win for all involved
I'd say this is positive for our new Box Hill coach - they refused to not believe - fantastic

Very surprised the stats sheet reckons Brockman only had 2 tackles. Do they not credit it as a tackle if the opponent gets a disposal away? Watching the game it felt like he had more than that.

BH listed players were very good in that last quarter. Played attacking football and didn't take a step back.

that is correct, CD lists a tackle if the ball is either not disposed of, disposed of incorrectly or an ineffective disposal afaik

This result says to me theres enough talent on the list to keep us competitive in the short term. Saints depth not as good as people think the way they got steamrolled in the 2nd half by a less experienced side. Only reason Morris isnt playing 1s is he is a little untidy with ball in hand. Defensive pressure is the best at the club for a small forward. Is an animal and what the team desperarely needs. Rekon he is very close to putting it all together and being best 22.

This result says to me theres enough talent on the list to keep us competitive in the short term. Saints depth not as good as people think the way they got steamrolled in the 2nd half by a less experienced side. Only reason Morris isnt playing 1s is he is a little untidy with ball in hand. Defensive pressure is the best at the club for a small forward. Is an animal and what the team desperarely needs. Rekon he is very close to putting it all together and being best 22.
He's had to completely change his mindset. Was a leading fwd at U18s and now all he does is focus on defensive. Has been a pretty amazing demonstration of mindset. Not getting the offensive results which at face value looks like he is struggling but as someone demonstrating they can adapt has been fantastic. Just hope he can clean up his ball handling.

Our Box Hill listed guys making some of the Saints listed guys look a bit second rate really, as they should’ve been able to hold us out.

Great win.

Were a good side this year i think, Casey is probably the premiership favourite so the round 1 result reflects that.
Probably the biggest thing to consider this year is how teams will fluctuate with players, as there are subs, plus emergencies that need to be removed from VFL games and held over.
I think that will impact us a lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back