Review Round 3, 2021 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Wallace was a superb matchday coach and tactician who put a heavy emphasis on technique and skills training.

He was dreadfully unlucky to not take the Dogs into the 1997 Grand Final in his first full year as coach, and later masterminded Essendon’s only defeat in the 2000 season.

The all-time sliding doors of sliding doors for him was obviously Richmond’s 2004 draft where they took Brett Deledio (#1), Richie Tambling (#4), Danny Meyer (#12), Adam Pattison (#16) and Dean Polo (#20).

Now any club can have a perfect hindsight draft, but the parallel universe where they take Brett Deledio (#1), Buddy Franklin (#4), Angus Monfries (#12), Cameron Wood (#18) and Nathan Van Berlo (#20) is obviously a very different one to that which transpired.

Losing Nathan Brown to that horrific compound leg fracture when he was arguably the best player in the league with the Tiges flying in 2005 was also horrific luck, up there with Tredders’ knee in the 2006 preseason.

#apocalypseplough

I remember when he deployed the bowden brothers to park the bus lol. It revolutionized the flood really, which turned into the full zone defense we saw in the years after.

I remember when he deployed the bowden brothers to park the bus lol. It revolutionized the flood really, which turned into the full zone defense we saw in the years after.

He and Eade went nuts for it.

Both made their names playing for Yabby’s Hawks and both got their senior coaching starts in 1996.

“Bit in that, I reckon”.

It's a good sign. But, until actions back it up they are just empty words.
If you can't react to a loss against the team that denied you a grand final berth the year before, then I'd say you have some real issues.

I gave up a long time ago thinking players cared about anything for the guernsey.

They don't, and it's healthier if you just learn to live with that.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
That's really cynical. I don't think that is the case and I will never learn to "live" with players who do not respect the guernsey - never!

That's really cynical. I don't think that is the case and I will never learn to "live" with players who do not respect the guernsey - never!

It's simply untrue as well - tell me Travis Boak doesn't care about the guernsey.

I suspect the younger types are more concerned with establishing their own career than the club and the guernsey they are representing, but at a point that needs to change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back