Preview Round 3, 2022: Blues v Hawks, 1:10pm Sunday 3rd April, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckon we'll be flat as a tack for the game and get belted.
I assume this is in reference to the Cyril article today? I doubt it would given so many named in the team weren't even on the list when Cyril was at the club, and of those who were many would've barely had an opportunity to play with or get to know him that well before he left (ie. 2017 draft recruits, Cyril left mid-season the following year). It might play on Gunston and Breust's minds a bit more given the length of time they played together, but they're also the best positioned to be able to compartmentalize distractions to their preparation.

I assume this is in reference to the Cyril article today? I doubt it would given so many named in the team weren't even on the list when Cyril was at the club, and of those who were many would've barely had an opportunity to play with or get to know him that well before he left (ie. 2017 draft recruits, Cyril left mid-season the following year). It might play on Gunston and Breust's minds a bit more given the length of time they played together, but they're also the best positioned to be able to compartmentalize distractions to their preparation.

Nah. Players will have been 'required' by friends and family to talk about it, Club will have spent time talking about it, and the air around the Club will have been dented. Nothing surer.
It doesn't take much for players to be a few percent off 'full go', and that plays out very poorly on the field.

Course I want to be wrong. But stuff like this is a cancer in a Club.

Absolutely spewing McEvoy out for a lot of the year as so important in so many ways to the club as a Champion on and off the field. I thought Reeves showed a lot of promise the other week but now he really needs to step up to the mantle and our mid-fielders such as O'Meara need to show some mongrel in the middle or we will get smashed around the clearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back