AFLW Round 3 - 2023 AFLW season

Remove this Banner Ad

They shouldn't have brought in Carlton's captain to eat up a huge chunk of the outside-the-cap payments if they wanted players like Molloy and Lambert to stay for the remainder of their careers.

The issue I have is that clubs make bad decisions, then they (and their supporters) often blame it on players, expansion teams and the AFL.
I would absolutely back the decision to proritise Davey over Lambert, and the rumoured money for Molloy was unmatchable irrespective of what we did with our marquee nominations.

Pretty good argument Lambert has had to play against better players more often than Davey with Davey’s injuries and the standard lifting.
Getting two AA’s in the previous three seasons…she’s pretty good for a midget and she’s looking like she wants to prove a point this year.
Does look like she got her nose outve joint at Collingwoods or offer.

She doesn’t really seem like a players player though, she looks pretty driven and has high standards for herself probably others.
It was a backhanded comment the Collingwood players giving a little chat to those two when they play.
There’s a bit to play for, think it might get a little spicy.

I really didnt think much of Chioci leaving, a Captain since 2017.
Was a bit surprised by that.

I would absolutely back the decision to proritise Davey over Lambert, and the rumoured money for Molloy was unmatchable irrespective of what we did with our marquee nominations.
Unless you were Jaimee Lambert. In which case, you (and every other person) would've done exactly what she did.

There was no rule stopping Collingwood from offering Molloy a 5-year or even 25-year contract to work in, say, the club's media department with "flexible" hours. So this idea that Sydney's offer was unmatchable could only be true if they are a richer club.

I don’t understand what issue you take with it? She’s clearly worthy of the contract irrespective of playing status - it’s recognition of her value and standing at the club.

Should they have just offered a minimum contract to a player injured in her line of performance for the club?

I'm not aware of the details around this so I'm only talking based on the conversation here, but given the contracts are only for a year surely she would agree to drop a tier below just for one season if she wasn't going to be able to play?

I'm not sure whether we had Erin Phillips on a marquee contract during her ACL recovery year. Although admittedly she did make it back to play a couple of matches that year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back