Women's Footy Round 3, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Sydney

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• [2] Tahlia Hickie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [6] Lily Postlethwaite

• [7] Ellie Hampson

• [8] Jennifer Dunne

• [11] Phoebe Monahan

• [15] Poppy Boltz

• [20] Shannon Campbell

• [23] Dee Heslop

• [27] Mikayla Pauga

• [33] Analea McKee

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Happens often in the men’s and never called. They give a lot of leeway
In the men's it's explicitly a loophole.

Not sure if it's different for the women, given the lasso rule etc.

dang nice gather and pass to Orla. Also lovely finish by Orla. Good penetration in her kick thins year especially compared to last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think our game style stands up well under pressure. We were seriously outsized across the ground but it also meant that when we cleared to space the taller Sydney players were struggling to get there. They played much more of a one on one game using their height but we got numbers to enough contests to rebound effectively.

Great job by the midfield and halfback line. Even though one of their mids had over 40 possessions there just wasn’t really enough team-first running from them to make it count.

dang nice gather and pass to Orla. Also lovely finish by Orla. Good penetration in her kick thins year especially compared to last year
She said pre season she was back early from Ireland and focusing on her kicking and using her right boot...yet to see it. But she has a lovely left.

Happens often in the men’s and never called. They give a lot of leeway
It has to be on the full so that's why it is never called.
Swans ruck hit the ball over the boundary from a ruck contest. Free everyday.
Was it out on the full??
If not, it is not a free kick.

She said pre season she was back early from Ireland and focusing on her kicking and using her right boot...yet to see it. But she has a lovely left.
There were a bunch of the team who really made what I think was a collective decision to work extra hard, above and beyond, in the off season and into the early preseason. Regular strength and skills sessions together. Orla, Dawes, Tay Smith, Ellinger, Grider, Lily P and a few others. Seemed to involve a lot of core strength work especially and extensive skills, hand and foot.

The lady's T-shirt in this article may be different to another lady also refused entry. Had the "Yes".
We could not work out why our entry line was so slow.
Then we saw a lady around 65 years old in distress because she also refused entry.
I mean visibly distressed shaking and trying to hold back tears.
We heard the security person being a supervisor called over stating t-shirt was political, and they had strict instructions on the policy.
He was polite but firm. The lady was being assisted by someone inside and 1 outside the gate.
We overheard she came by train.
I spoke to the supervisor and suggested the lady may be able to wear the shirt inside out as she also had a light jacket which would help.
He said no. I understood why he said no as the person could just swap it back, but she did not seem the type.
I also mentioned that the AFL and Lions AFL have put their support behind the "Yes" vote.
As this article mentions what if one of our players wore a similar t-shirt would they be refused entry.

I am not even sure if wearing a "Yes" or "No" vote t-shirt is political.
It is just asking a question of the Australian people.
Like a state referendum on daylight saving.

It certainly has become a political bum fight in Federal parliament though.

Last edited:
Back