Prediction Round 3, 2023: Changes vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Witho also bailed out Shuey when he was caught holding the ball. He was the one that got high contact that reversed the decision 😄

Oscar Allen refused to rule out him playing in the ruck this week on his podcast 🥴

Hopefully just a smokescreen

In- Hough, H.Edwards, Culley
Out- Gaff, Witherdan, Chesser

B Cole Barrass Duggan
HB Hunt McGovern Jones
C Hough Ginbey Sheed
HF Cripps Allen Ryan
F Long Darling Waterman
FOLL- Williams Shuey Kelly
I/C- Hurn, Hewett, H.Edwards, SPS
Sub- Culley

What about his inability to chase, stick a tackle, break a tackle, or kick a score from a 40m set shot? I agree he used to play his role well, but that's well in the past, is it still enough to keep his spot in 2023?
Sounds like Sheed apart from the goal kicking bit.

I honestly don't think there has been another player who could dominate a game so completely as NN. Probably won't happen in the future either. When he was drafted, I hadn't heard that much about him and hoped we would take Daniel Rich 'cos of my Subi bias. Rich has been a great player, but we have been fortunate to be able to barrack for a bloke who has done things few others could get close to doing. I hope we get to see him in action as soon as the god Achilles permits.
NN huge for WC, but there are plenty of players that have dominated a game as completely if not better.

Dunstalls 14 goal effort and his lazy 17 goal haul were complete.

Lockett had games where it was like an adult playing little league.

Kouta changed the game (and absolutely toweled us a couple of time).

Paddy Cripps game in the final game last year, surpassed anything NN has ever done.

Carey (would trade prime NN in a heartbeat for prime Carey).

NN's career (cruelled by injury?) whilst awesome does not surpass Coxies (nice number on the wobbles with a lazy 30 disposals, 7 marks, 36 hitouts and 2 goals.

Coxy genuinely came from no where, whilst many thought NN would go at No.1.

Last edited:
Are we going to see Culley in the side this week?

I’m thinking still possibly not with the latest seemingly minor shoulder niggle he picked up in the Beagles game last weekend. It sucks a bit that he was flying up until the latter part of the preseason and now might not been seen until maybe R4 / R5

Out: Chesser, Hewett

In: Hough, West (sub)

Chesser to find a bit of form in the 2’s, with Hewett needing to get a whole 4 quarters and build his tank.

Culley needs to get through a whole game unscathed with the beagles before getting a run in the senior side.

Out: Chesser, Hewett

In: Hough, West (sub)

Chesser to find a bit of form in the 2’s, with Hewett needing to get a whole 4 quarters and build his tank.

Culley needs to get through a whole game unscathed with the beagles before getting a run in the senior side.

Yeah like these changes.

I like how we have SPS a game after a best on in the reserves and with Hough doing the same he gets a gig.

I'd have Hough/Hunt rotate that wing/HBF spot. West as sub is good as he is a manic kind of player who loves a good tackle and he will be good for the last 1/4 to add some spark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless we have fit players ready to return or niggles, I dont expect to see change. The one exception is that we need a creative strategy to negate their ruck and that includes Jackson- who like it or not is an outstanding athlete.
Jackson's been a bit low impact, Mundy tips him to have a break out game, and tips their mids to bring the heat!?
No doubt they'll keep an eye on J.Jones..

Priority of ins/position if slot opens up:

KD: H Edwards
GD: Hough
M: Yeo > Culley > West > O’Neill
R: NN
F: Petruccelle

View attachment 1644089

Freo can defend but can they score? Forward line looks mud. I think it’s a genuine 50-50 game
So much groupthink about those tips. I give Bulldogs, Richmond, Hawthorn, GWS, Adelaide (and us) reasonable chances of winning. All have been picked 11-0, but I think it's more likely the favourites will win only 3 of the 6 games than that they'll win all 6.

Are we going to see Culley in the side this week?

I’m thinking still possibly not with the latest seemingly minor shoulder niggle he picked up in the Beagles game last weekend. It sucks a bit that he was flying up until the latter part of the preseason and now might not been seen until maybe R4 / R5

No rush on Culley or Yeo.

Get them fit in the WAFL first.

Jackson's been a bit low impact, Mundy tips him to have a break out game, and tips their mids to bring the heat!?
No doubt they'll keep an eye on J.Jones..
With their mids likely to be on top, the last think we need is for them to be more dominant in the ruck that expected. Jackson had a very good practice game - not long ago and is tallll.

With their mids likely to be on top, the last think we need is for them to be more dominant in the ruck that expected. Jackson had a very good practice game - not long ago and is tallll.
Not sure what we can do about that. NicNat and Jamieson are unavailable, Barnett isn’t ready for AFL, Rotham is doubtful and hasn’t played any footy in a month and Edwards has recorded 3 hitouts in his entire AFL/WAFL career.

Maybe, and I’m just spitballing here, Edwards comes into the backline, Gov plays forward/ruck, Waterman plays permanent forward and we push someone like SPS up into the midfield a bit and drop Chesser. If it doesn’t work or if Gov blows up we can go back to Waterman as backup ruck and throw the magnets around a bit.

Edwards for Chesser would make us taller but it’s going to be a fine day and Freo play fairly tall (even though their talls aren’t in great form) so it could work.

I honestly don't think there has been another player who could dominate a game so completely as NN. Probably won't happen in the future either. When he was drafted, I hadn't heard that much about him and hoped we would take Daniel Rich 'cos of my Subi bias. Rich has been a great player, but we have been fortunate to be able to barrack for a bloke who has done things few others could get close to doing. I hope we get to see him in action as soon as the god Achilles permits.
Think your reaching there Nic has been a good players at times and has played some very good games for us but I wouldn’t even have him as the most dominant of his generation never mind all time. I’d say the three below have dominated games more than Nic over the last 10 years.

Nic: 0 premierships, 3 times all Australian, 2 times John Worsfold Medal

Dusty : 3 times premiership player, 3 Norm Smiths, Brownlow Medalist, 4 times All Australian, 2 times club champion, Leigh Matthews Trophy.

Nat Fyfe: 2 times Brownlow, 2 times Leigh Matthews Trophy, 3 times all Australian, 3 times Doig medal

Dangerfield: Leigh Matthews Trophy, Brownlow medal, 8 times All Australian, premiership player, 3 times B&F Geelong, B&F at the Crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back