Preview Round 3, 2023: Hawthorn v North Melbourne, 1 April 223, 1.45pm AEDT @ York Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one's for MinerBoy:

I gave 5 names in the Swans preview thread. I was told we'd make no changes, that Reeves is important due to taps to advantage, that we wouldn't drop Frost because he's in the leadership group..

So, let's try DGB, Scrimshaw, Lynch, Brockman and Wingard. Think Ramma would be more useful than Kosi at the moment. If fit, consider Morrison as well and honestly, O'Sullivan is a trier and should get a look in as well.

So, Kosi, Reeves, Frost, Maginness & CJ should be in the firing line.

Or we run it back because apparently this is the best 22 and we should allow time to play cohesively?

IN: Scrimshaw, Grainger-Barras, Brockman

OUT: Reeves, Frost, Nash

B: Hardwick, Blanck, Jiath

HB: Scrimshaw, Grainger-Barras, Sicily

C: Amon, Worpel, Day

HF: MacDonald, Greene, Moore

F: Breust, Koschitzke, Brockman

R: Meek, Newcombe, Ward

INT: Impey, Bramble, MacKenzie, Maginness, Butler (Sub)

In: Scrimshaw, DBG and Brockman
Out: Maginness, Frost, Bramble

If Maginness isn't going to tag he shouldn't be in the side.
Scrimshaw will add a third man up and much needed intercept marking.
Hardwick needs to play defense which means we need to bring in Butler or Brockman into the starting 22.. if not both.
Frost was woeful in the first half.
Bramble played much better in the second half but dear god when he played in a defensive role he was a massive liability.

IN: Scrimshaw, Grainger-Barras, Brockman

OUT: Reeves, Frost, Nash

B: Hardwick, Blanck, Jiath

HB: Scrimshaw, Grainger-Barras, Sicily

C: Amon, Worpel, Day

HF: MacDonald, Greene, Moore

F: Breust, Koschitzke, Brockman

R: Meek, Newcombe, Ward

INT: Impey, Bramble, MacKenzie, Maginness, Butler (Sub)
Why would you take Nash out after that?

One of the very few positives today was the small forwards that performed well for Box Hill.

O’Sullivan: 18 disposals - 6 marks - 2 tackles - 2 goals - 2 behinds
Brockman: 12 disposals - 3 marks - 3 goals - 2 behinds
Bennetts: 13 disposals - 5 marks - 3 tackles - 1 goal

Impey, frost, bramble, cj - theirs our problem. Scrimshaw and dgb should be in. Feel for Sicily his got * all support - on top of changing our backline coach for simpson either we are tanking or we have just found a new way to loose all ability for the kids to grow in confidence

Cj is a lot better then what he is showing but it looks like his come back and forgot where to run or how to defend real bizzare.

Kosi well the less said the better

Need Butler & DGB in badly for their intensity.

Maginness isn't up to it if he's not tagging.

Kozi.... surely Ramsden gets a shot.

I liked Bramble on the wing. Hated him in defence. When is Harry coming back?

I'll admit I've never been a big fan of Nash but thank god we had him today. Need Stephens in when fit for some more physicality.

Few changes need to happen especially in the backline.

This one's for MinerBoy:

I gave 5 names in the Swans preview thread. I was told we'd make no changes, that Reeves is important due to taps to advantage, that we wouldn't drop Frost because he's in the leadership group..

So, let's try DGB, Scrimshaw, Lynch, Brockman and Wingard. Think Ramma would be more useful than Kosi at the moment. If fit, consider Morrison as well and honestly, O'Sullivan is a trier and should get a look in as well.

So, Kosi, Reeves, Frost, Maginness & CJ should be in the firing line.

Or we run it back because apparently this is the best 22 and we should allow time to play cohesively?

Just to be clear… at no point did I ask for only experience or only kids or even wholesale changes. I just asked Dazza who are the options we have to make changes.

Thanks for actually answering that

And yea my first post said Scrimshaw and DGB too. Also Morrison if available. Wingers is an obvious if he’s ok. Will be interesting how it pans out. I don’t see any value in Frost but I’m not sure they’ll make that change either. CJ, Impey, Bramble and Frost all battling IMO. Blanc not going great either.

The area of the ground we looked ok in is really struggling. The dash has disappeared and the defensive efforts have gotten worse.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drop:
Kosi
Reeves
Bramble

Hardwick - Blanck - DGB
Scrimshaw - Sicily - Impey (lucky)

Meek - Newcombe - Day
Amon - Worpel - Ward

Moore - Greene - MacDonald
Butler - Lynch - Brockman

Bench from: Mackenzie - Maginess - CJ (plays wing) - O'Sullivan - Breust - Nash

Last edited:
I notice Nash involved in a number of unsavoury incidents, expect a fine for the hit on Mills.

Watched today's game for the morbid interest in seeing the carcase of a once great club be picked over with ease for the second week in a row. North to give them a touch up next week

Aren't posts like this on oppo boards the sort of you thing you get suspended for?

Maginness either tags or doesn't play - decision making and disposal is a liability.
Those two rucks will never work. One or the other & Lynch.
DGB, Scrimshaw, Morrison, Brockman should all come in.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Morrison in for Bramble.
Ramsden comes in and plays forward.
Brockman for Finn if he's not going to be used to tag.

Finn OUT

If he's not tagging he is very ordinary, disposal is still shocking.
While I agree with the comment about his limitations as a player, I would play him and have him tag LDU.

As for other selections, Mitchell took the “back them in” approach after last week’s disaster. While I can understand that sentiment in an effort to improve team synergy I don’t think two performances like this can go by without a few changes.

Scrimshaw Morrison Brockman and DGB in at least I’d think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back