Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
AFL other games Rd3-01.png

Which game are you looking forward to the most?
Which player are you most looking forward to watching?
Which team needs to show the most?
Which player needs to show the most?
What will be Monday's headline?

*Any other questions worth asking? Add them at your leisure*

Last edited:

Here's a question ... Is Ablett cooked? or is he just not capable of this forward role?

I've been seriously underwhelmed by him this year, but I feel like he was moving in that direction last year anyway, where he had good games and average games. It'll be interesting to see how long the general reverence with which he's held lasts before people start asking questions

Here's a question ... Is Ablett cooked? or is he just not capable of this forward role?

I've been seriously underwhelmed by him this year, but I feel like he was moving in that direction last year anyway, where he had good games and average games. It'll be interesting to see how long the general reverence with which he's held lasts before people start asking questions
the people who revere him are the media and it's not their job to ask questions

the people who revere him are the media and it's not their job to ask questions
As maligned as he is, it's likely that the first person to raise it will be Kane Cornes.

He often goes looking for the controversial opinions, but he's one of the few that doesn't spend his time exclusively within the media circle jerk.

That doesn't look good for The Seed, which absolutely sucks, I'm a big fan of his. And almost the worst sign is that he was able to get up and hobble onto the cart himself ... you can see the look on his face that he knows what he's done, poor bastard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That looked more like a hyper-extension than an ACL.
A hyperextension can still snap the ACL unfortunately, not as likely as that lateral movement, but it can still do it. All the key signs are there, there intense pain, followed by being able to limp around on it. He also looked like he knew he'd done it, and the Physio/Doc spent enough time with him before the cart got there that they'd have checked for it, and it's usually pretty easy to tell apparently.

WTF kind of name is 'Gryan'
I assume this is his mother ...
tumblr_moc9bvuYJv1qikxeao1_500.jpg

This Miers kid was taken with pick 57 an he is better than any small forward we have drafted in a decade..
I was big on him in the lead up to the draft too. Watched a fair bit of his TAC Cup highlights and thought he was the exact player we needed ... not a great sign that 2 years later he still is.

This Miers kid was taken with pick 57 an he is better than any small forward we have drafted in a decade..
Eh - how brightly did Spargo start last year?

Aside from him and Bedford, I don't think we have drafted any small forwards since Wonna

Eh - how brightly did Spargo start last year?

Aside from him and Bedford, I don't think we have drafted any small forwards since Wonna

But does Spargo scream natural small forward to you? To me looks more like an undersized player for the midfield than a small forward.

An that's my point, small forwards have never been more valuable an we haven't put any real effort into finding one for near on a decade.

But does Spargo scream natural small forward to you? To me looks more like an undersized player for the midfield than a small forward.

An that's my point, small forwards have never been more valuable an we haven't put any real effort into finding one for near on a decade.
Yeah its definitely a problem that we haven't recruited one. Obviously we brought in Garlett for a similar nothing pick and he's been generally very good, but we haven't planned for his replacement and its a concern.

Yeah its definitely a problem that we haven't recruited one. Obviously we brought in Garlett for a similar nothing pick and he's been generally very good, but we haven't planned for his replacement and its a concern.

Garlett was an awesome pick up for the price but I'm talking drafting, like Dion Johnstone? Dom Barry?

It's like we haven't even tried

Remove this Banner Ad

Back