Preview Round 3: Brisbane Lions vs Collingwood Magpies, 1st April at Marvel Stadium, 5:40pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIONS08

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Honestly not sure how Birchall has survived 2 terrible weeks in a row. Every successful team right now in the AFL has some run from the backline and incredible speed to break lines. We however seem to have missed the memo and are instead sticking to last year's tactics.
Would think Answerth will be straight in next week

SL16

Senior List
Oct 12, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Honestly not sure how Birchall has survived 2 terrible weeks in a row. Every successful team right now in the AFL has some run from the backline and incredible speed to break lines. We however seem to have missed the memo and are instead sticking to last year's tactics.
Match Committee is piss weak and won't drop experienced players.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
These selection melts getting better after every loss.

I like the changes. Adams can go with de Goey better than most. Shift Ah Chee up the field and bolster our midfield

Best ruck option we could have gone with

I like the changes. Adams can go with de Goey better than most. Shift Ah Chee up the field and bolster our midfield

Starcevich may be played a bit further up the field as well.
Otherwise we have 8 defenders.

Do you think we seem too tall?

Maybe Adams is more mobile than I remember.

Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Who is likely to be the no1 ruck here? I assume if Fullarton was playing as a r/F last week then he is likely the better fwd and will do the same?

I think fullarton may take majority centre bounces. Better leap. Ballenden more of a core strength. Wouldn't surpise me if he does the rucking around the ground stoppages.

Adam's on De Goey is going to be absolutely hilarious to watch. I'd say 5 goals, minimum.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I don't mind the changes, Prior and Sharp would have found it hard to back up after a strange week off a 6 day break, I think Matho will be the sub, Payne and Adams can both play on talls and mediums, disappointed Keidean isn't in the side, would have went him instead of Birchall.

Adams > De Goey.
Andrews > Cox.
Payne > Mihocek.
Starcevich > Hoskin-Elliott.

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Don't think we are too tall. Ballenden and Fullarton to share ruck duties, Daniher and Hipwood up front. Andrews and Payne as the talls with Lester as a 3rd tall. Adams is relatively mobile, wouldn't be surprised if he has been brought in as an ideal match up to play on De Goey or we could potentially put him on Mihocek with Payne on Cox, Lester on De Goey and allow Andrews to play as a floating interceptor which maximises his ability.

Very excited to see Deven Robertson get a game! Was good for them to get a taste no doubt but was somewhat surprised guys like Sharp and Prior got in ahead of him. I suspect Dev will be here to stay in the senior's for a while now. Wouldn't be surprised if the coaches made him work extra hard to earn it so he is super hungry now he get's a chance after his taste in Round 1 last season. Also you can't take any stock whatsoever in where the players are named on the team sheet generally, however, with Ah Chee named on the HFF I'd love to see him play there. I think he could fill that Rayner role nicely.

Still opportunities for guys like Ely Smith, Noah Answerth, Nakia Cockatoo, Keidean Coleman and Tom Joyce to force out guys like Birchall and Robinson in the coming weeks and Berry, McInerney, Gardiner and McStay will be back soon. So far from our best line up but still enough of our best players on the park with some quality youth to see us win tomorrow night.

jonnobackpocket

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He brings absolutely nothing to the team, this elite kicking line is flat out rubbish.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What more do Keidean and Ely have to do?
I'm starting to think Ely slept with a coach's daughter or something, it's weird that he didn't even fly down.

Do you think we seem too tall?
Yes. This isn't GWS here, Collingwood don't play three genuine tall forwards. I'm not sure it was wise to select all of Adams, Ballenden and Fullarton. Two of them would have been fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back