Preview Round 3: Brisbane Lions vs Collingwood Magpies, 1st April at Marvel Stadium, 5:40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This pretty much. Did anyone here think Big O was going to win many hitouts anyway? Big O being out isn't concerning me too much, our guys can rove to Grundy pretty well.

I want to see our twin talls under the roof of Marvel. Collingwood have a good backline & Moore is a great intercept marker, but two 200cm mobile forwards are going to be a handful. I have a little feeling in my bones that Daniher will kick a bag.
Don't jinx him Bangy.

We gotta bring it in quick or if not quick high.

Don't think they got a good match for him.

Looking at the present side, I cannot see us winning the next two games. Will beat Essendon but Carlton after that possibly another loss.

I just don't get why Smith wasn't flown over. From all pre-seson reports he was the front runner. Hadn't heard anything from Robertson. Why would Prior get a debut over Smith for example. I can understand Sharp as he provides a point of difference. He must not be doing something as l can't think of anything else.
My guess would be they want him to get a bit more game time and be guaranteed a full game. There was no certainty he would play if he were down here if Bez was fit. I reckon if we can managed to get players down for next week, he will be one

Can someone explain how Andrews, Lester, Payne, Adams, Lester and Birchall all in the same backline. JDG is gonna be made to look like Ablett Snr tomorrow night.

Amazon need to follow around Fagan so we can see how he and the committee select the team, get the feeling he has turned into Joe Biden.

Can someone explain how Andrews, Lester, Payne, Adams, Lester and Birchall all in the same backline. JDG is gonna be made to look like Ablett Snr tomorrow night.

Amazon need to follow around Fagan so we can see how he and the committee select the team, get the feeling he has turned into Joe Biden.
Did Lester grow another leg?

I can 200% guarantee you that is not how our backline will line up tomorrow night

If someone has indeed invented a cloning machine, Lester won't be the first person it is used on ;)

Tomorrow night looking a tough one. Could be an inspired win but won't lose much sleep as long we give it a crack.
Berry, Gardiner, McInerny and Answerth (?) into the side next and I think we're a genuine chance against the Dogs. Hope we can get through this rough, injury plagued Victorian stretch with some confidence in performance atleast.

I've tipped us by 100 points. Because why not. My tipping is already shot.

Hey, while I'm feeling melancholy, let's do a PFK prediction!

1st Quarter: Lions kick 1.15.21. Pies kick 2.1.18
2nd Quarter: Release the Hipwood! Hippy kicks three, Charlie misses the easiest shot in the world.
3rd Quarter: Hippy kicks another five. Charlie kicks himself in the head. One of the Pies gets reported for it.
4th Quarter: Hippy goes mad and kicks another 12. Collingwood give up.

Yup, Hippy gonna kick 20. I am so tired.

I've tipped us by 100 points. Because why not. My tipping is already shot.

Hey, while I'm feeling melancholy, let's do a PFK prediction!

1st Quarter: Lions kick 1.15.21. Pies kick 2.1.18
2nd Quarter: Release the Hipwood! Hippy kicks three, Charlie misses the easiest shot in the world.
3rd Quarter: Hippy kicks another five. Charlie kicks himself in the head. One of the Pies gets reported for it.
4th Quarter: Hippy goes mad and kicks another 12. Collingwood give up.

Yup, Hippy gonna kick 20. I am so tired.
Can’t wait!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Throw Adams into the ruck, he likes to be a big solid wall, give him a chance to change up his game and versatility for the side!
What, you want a left field selection from Fages. Won't happen but this change may be worth a try.

[/QUOTE]

Yes Adams could go forward and get 5 disposals for the game and if he kicks a goal a week he would be a major mark up on someone.

Gentlemen, why the negativity? Select the best players, find a position for them, and let the opposition worry about match ups.

My Ideal Forward Line

Matthews, Charlie Cameron, Barlett, Ross Lyon (he is as dangerous as Matthews) and the two Kraeoker brothers (how do you spell their names?)

or

Hudson Plugger Carey Whitten Jesa and Matt Rendell (early in his career)

Notice the absence of a mixture of players.

A defence of 6 David Dench's or that number 23 for Adelaide Andrew McLeod. We would kill everyone

Good players have skills that win the ball and win games. Bugger the opposition.

Sitting in L3 47 Row K. Have the hand knitted jumper, 47 year old scarf and a beany even older.

Say hello if you are there.

WE have lots of good players and will win.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't mind the changes, Prior and Sharp would have found it hard to back up after a strange week off a 6 day break, I think Matho will be the sub, Payne and Adams can both play on talls and mediums, disappointed Keidean isn't in the side, would have went him instead of Birchall.

Adams > De Goey.
Andrews > Cox.
Payne > Mihocek.
Starcevich > Hoskin-Elliott.
Agree would have liked to see Coleman, don't think he should have been dropped after the Swans game and now, not too good for the confidence, but against the speedy Dogs next week might come back in.

What a challenge, I am more pumped to go to this game then any game since the Grand finals. This will be the making of this group. Backs against the wall, we will really see what this group is all about. I love how no one is publicly whinging about last week or the circumstances just get on with it. Undermanned doesn't help but I believe effort will win this game for the boys. I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back