Prediction Round 3: Changes Vs Eagles + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Crowden has managed 10 kicks twice in his career.

He and Banfield should have been moved on last offseason.

Nope. He needs a good run of games in the midfield…

like ten or so...give him a shot to turn 15 possessions into 25. If Mitch gets 10-15 kicks we’re better off than anything Darcy Tucker, Acres etc is going to dish up

don’t care. Mitch isn’t even 23 yet. Give him the games in the midfield
We are badly beaten as it is, how do you think adding another midget will go? I would like to see him back in the side but we need more mature big bodied mids.

i’d also add that we picked a short, nuggety midfielder with a good kick, then played him as a half forward for 3 years…have no idea why he “doesn’t get enough of the ball.”

I dunno, it might just be me, but after 5 years of picking accumulating midfielders, with only Cerra and Mundy being able to kick, and getting precisely ******* nowhere I might give the nuggetty midfielder with good vision and a great kick a go for a bit…not just two practice games then dropped while our midfield and forward connection sucked a conga line of arseholes
Agree 100% with this.
Couldnt care less if he got 5 kicks a game when the majority of them hit a leading target. Its what we have been lacking for years.
4th last year in total goal assists but from less games. Oh well, goals not important.

don’t care. Mitch isn’t even 23 yet. Give him the games in the midfield

There‘s also observers saying he was BOG last week in the Peel game.
It still isn’t enough to crack a game at a time when he could provide what we need.
There has to be something else in play here methinks.

We have both Aish and Acres with over a hundred games that need to be added to your list ( I don’t think it should matter if they have played for other teams) and Schultz is on 46 games so as close as.

But certainly we have a few very inexperienced players such as Meek ( but has been on a list for 4 years), Walker, O’Driscoll and Erasmus.

Personally, I am very happy to have Walker, O’Driscoll and Raz in the team as I believe they are far more talented than some of our 50 game players and must be given games if this club is to improve.

My 50+ club game players stat (like most stats) is not perfect.
But please understand that I believe it is a very good indicator of a team's chance of premiership success ... not so much success from week to week.
That is, to win a premiership, a team needs lots going for them to allow them to be well tuned to be at their best for that last game of the season.
I believe this stat shows that and my arbitrary cut off point of 13 players has a high correlation with success (ie. the last 24 premiership teams).

If your named players Shultz and Aish are good enough to play most of the remaining games in 2022, then they will qualify as 50+ game players come 2022 finals, so any argument about them is a moot point.
Acres is now in his third season with Fremantle and has currently played 27 games for us (or only 44% of Freo's games during that time). In his 6 previous seasons at Saint Kilda he played 57% of their games. Even if he plays the rest of the available games in 2022, he still does not qualify for my 50+ club games stat come finals 2022. And my personal subjective opinion is he is not the type of player my 50+ game player is hoping to include.

When I focus on this 50+ club game stat, the obvious challenge any club has is trying to identify which players on their lists are going to most likely be part of any premiership team in the future and to get as many of them playing together week in week out as possible.
You can debate specific individual players, for example Lachie Neale's value to Brisbane Lions in his first two seasons there when he was <50 club games, but my stat is trying to show the overall general health of a team and not the worth of every individual player.

Wasn’t Crowden moved along with Blakely to the rookie list? That about sums up where those two are at. Aside from Crowley everyone else that has happened to (incl. the Eagles current CHF) has been delisted the end of the following season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back