Prediction Round 3: Changes Vs Eagles + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are people trying to defend the indefensible. Banfield deserved to be dropped more than any other player in the history of players.
Agreed. Staggering that people are defending him here. There’s two or three more very lucky to be playing today too like Acres and Tucker and Colyer.
Maybe we shouldnt drop any of these guys in case their feelings get hurt 🙄

I’m not so sure about that - They are missing Kelly, Shuey, Sheed, Yeo, Barrass, Oscar Allen, Duggan, Rioli, Cripps, Cole.
Ten of their B22, we are missing Fyfe, Mundy, Serong & Darcy, yes that’s a big chunk of our first choice midfield but the 22 we have named on paper should still be winning this game.
The bottom 6 or so eagles named today are pretty weak, even compared to us.
One guy we need to watch is Jamaine Jones, he tore us a new one last year in the first derby and has been a decent pickup by them for half nothing.
Freo should be hurting after last weeks performance and the pretty sharp criticism this week from the fans and media, and want to set the record straight.
Sounds like pre-game damage control and excuses from WC and the WC media to me - setting the narrative for their Chardonnay sipping fan base. They have 7 x 150+ game players playing, which is more than any other team except Geelong this weekend. They are playing a team much younger and less experienced - we are missing all but two of our leadership team. Older and more experienced teams should generally beat younger and less experienced teams. If we win this, even by a small amount, it is still a good win.

edit - And not sure how you figure the bottom 6 thing? We have a midfield that includes a ruck with just 11 games, a debutant mid and another with just 26 games, and likely another with only 1 game under his belt. Possibly the least experienced midfield in AFL history.

Last edited:
Nervous

Meek has to even the middle, can’t have fatnat grabbing it out of the middle and running out with it. 3 or 4 decent clearances and those 1-2 goals will be the difference today I feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s flown under the radar a bit is how weak the eagles are.
They are actually almost of a similar level of depletion to last week.
Literally half their team is out, including some top top players.
Yes we are missing 3 or 4 quality players ourselves but we were able to play about ten lads at peel yesterday. They could only play Luke strnardica in their WAFL side yesterday and lost by 100 points.
We should be beating these guys by 50 points if we are serious. There should be no mercy.
Well said...we need to flog the scum to a point where they end up on the bottom of the ladder due to % damage.

Sounds like pre-game damage control and excuses from WC and the WC media to me - setting the narrative for their Chardonnay sipping fan base. They have 7 x 150+ game players playing, which is more than any other team except Geelong this weekend. They are playing a team much younger and less experienced - we are missing all but two of our leadership team. Older and more experienced teams should generally beat younger and less experienced teams. If we win this, even by a small amount, it is still a good win.

edit - And not sure how you figure the bottom 6 thing? We have a midfield that includes a ruck with just 11 games, a debutant mid and another with just 26 games, and likely another with only 1 game under his belt. Possibly the least experienced midfield in AFL history.

We shouldn't underestimate any team atm.

Our mob played shocking footy last week with zero flow in general play. Hard to back us after last week. Feel like the older eagle's will go the body today and intimidate.

Who would win? Eagles Round 2 vs Eagles Round 3?

Last night, whilst Brisbane were very good, North were insipid. Was a very similar effort from them last round so the "honourable loss" doesn't look too flash to be honest.
My logical brain says we should win this by a margin. However, trust is low and a Derby can dish up anything.

Also another question, how does our average age and exp measure up to the last Derby? By memory we were closest to youngest team of the round back then and Eagles were close to full strength?

Direct quote from Duff on his poddy.

He just doesn't seem to have any time anywhere on the ground. Same for Tucker.
He also wrote an entire article this week about how Walters must play midfield, so not sure I'd be using him to support your argument.

FWIW I think Sonny will have his best game in a long time - clearly a better player when able to get off the chain a bit and use his footy smarts

He also wrote an entire article this week about how Walters must play midfield, so not sure I'd be using him to support your argument.

FWIW I think Sonny will have his best game in a long time - clearly a better player when able to get off the chain a bit and use his footy smarts
But you wouldn't have him over Fyfe, Mundy and Serong right...

When they come back he's done. Which is why he needs to put up or shut up.

Arrogance like that is how we were beaten last week.
Not so much arrogance, more a case of this is what we need to be doing to the team that they are putting on the park today. No excuses...four quarters of constant effort and a hiding is the result. They can't get by with just passion and if our boys show up with passion, we should be winning this game by 10 goals or more. GET IT DONE FREO!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not so much arrogance, more a case of this is what we need to be doing to the team that they are putting on the park today. No excuses...four quarters of constant effort and a hiding is the result. They can't get by with just passion and if our boys show up with passion, we should be winning this game by 10 goals or more. GET IT DONE FREO!

Our midfield is really weak. Do like what they have done with the backline ( i called for that weeks ago) just have little faith with the chemistry of our Mids to get the clearances.

But you wouldn't have him over Fyfe, Mundy and Serong right...

When they come back he's done. Which is why he needs to put up or shut up.
No, I wouldn't have him "over" any of those players but if he plays well still think it's a sign that he should get more time up the ground than being stuck at death valley the entire match.

If he doesn't play well then everyone already writing him off will be proven right and a single tear will roll down my cheek at the memory of just how good Walters used to be

edit - And not sure how you figure the bottom 6 thing? We have a midfield that includes a ruck with just 11 games, a debutant mid and another with just 26 games, and likely another with only 1 game under his belt. Possibly the least experienced midfield in AFL
Well I’m not sure what your expectations are for the season ahead then, I mean I wasn’t sure if we’d make finals but I had us improving from last year at least and finishing maybe 8-10th or so, at the very least?
Lost today to this eagle side and we are looking at bottom 4. Bloody north bet them last week (and they look unbelievably bad this year), I don’t believe the eagles team is much stronger this week, maybe a bit but Kelly is a massive loss he is their best player at the moment.
We have some hard games coming up like GWS (who ar stacked with quality) and Carlton, Essendon at Marvel at the cats at Kardinya park.
This is the easiest game of the next 5 in my opinion. Lose today and we could be 1 and 6 to start the season.
I don’t think we are that bad

Freddy needs to run today. Run m******a, run

Owned WCae pre season, no better chance to rebuild his confidence after a weak start to the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

would take Crowden three times before Tucker and acres

and I’ll say that given we’re missing Fyfe, Mundy and Serong, Crowden or Blakely should be in.

Our inside mids today: Brayshaw. Walters (snort), Brodie who plays 60% game time, Erasmus In his first game with some rotation from Switta and Tucker you’d say.

that makes me spew tbh

and I’ll say that given we’re missing Fyfe, Mundy and Serong, Crowden or Blakely should be in.

Our inside mids today: Brayshaw. Walters (snort), Brodie who plays 60% game time, Erasmus In his first game with some rotation from Switta and Tucker you’d say.

that makes me spew tbh
Crowden should be in over Tucker
Blakely still gives me the yips
Looking forward to seeing Erasmus play , see if the hype train actually arrives at the station .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back