Toast Round 3 = Collingwood 63-49 Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

We were lucky that Geelong insisted on playing a half fit Hawkins in round 1. The structure held without Howe for a quarter and a half, but it wasn’t exactly effective, they scored heavily against us. The last two weeks has seen our defence become a lot tighter and a lot of that has been due to having a big man in Frampton take care of the primary key forward allowing Moore and Murphy to intercept and peel off their opponents imo. Not a fan of changing that up just to halve some hitouts that can be sharked anyway.

They didn't score heavily

They kicked with a supernatural level of accuracy that they may never do again, let alone do anytime in the foreseeable future

The Geelong game was a 10-12 goal win disguised as a 4 goal win. Ditto for the Richmond game. A 10 goal win disguised as a 2 goal

The score in the Port game was a more accurate reflection of how that game went and where we actually are across the three games played so far.

They kicked with a supernatural level of accuracy that they may never do again, let alone do anytime in the foreseeable future

The Geelong game was a 10-12 goal win disguised as a 4 goal win. Ditto for the Richmond game. A 10 goal win disguised as a 2 goal

The score in the Port game was a more accurate reflection of how that game went and where we actually are across the three games played so far.

There kicking wasn't that amazing. A lot of their goals were gimmes and walk ins due to defensive breakdowns.

Today I told the Richmond gob at work that I wouldn't bring up last Friday night's game because I'm nice. He promptly blamed the loss on the umpires and I told him he sounded like a Trump supporter.

Last edited:
Today I told the Richmond gob at work that I wouldn't bting up last Friday night's game because I'm nice. He promptly blamed the loss on the umpires and I told him he sounded like a Trump supporter.
Those dickheads along with Carlton can never accept that someone else might actually just be better

They had a few toughish shots, but most of their goals came from very simple set shots gained from our defensive structure breaking down badly when we turned the ball over. It was maybe a 6-7 goal win disguised as a 4 goal win.
Regardless, Hipwood and Daniher are getting slaughtered in the media this week, all the ingredients are there for both to come out firing, and Daniher always manages to kick bags against us somehow. I’d rather not mess with a defensive structure that has been rock solid for the past fortnight.

To give you an idea of how deluded most clubs are about where they're at, Jack Reiwoldt was on 360 and said about the game with us:

"We did ok to keep the Premiership favourite to around 60 points"

Like...bro. You didn't "keep" us to anything

You got destroyed and we just didn't kick straight lol

To give you an idea of how deluded most clubs are about where they're at, Jack Reiwoldt was on 360 and said about the game with us:

"We did ok to keep the Premiership favourite to around 60 points"

Like...bro. You didn't "keep" us to anything

You got destroyed and we just didn't kick straight lol
Just trying to make himself feel better.
Here's his stats...
Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 2.01.56 pm.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back