Review Round 3 = Collingwood 72-73 Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the loss was pretty hard to take. But what really pisses me off is that the media has managed to totally demonize CFC over the past few months. And to all those week minded fans in this place that have gone along with it, I hope you are happy.
Just one of the gems I had to endure is this. " Cricket reporter Dennis Freedman tweeted: “Collingwood losing by a point after the siren is God’s gift to humanity.” Really? There are many more today, not just from fans, but journos who should know better.
Time to get some balls CFC and show the sheep who really rules the flock!

I couldnt’t believe the pathetic click bait I saw today “ Australians rejoice at Pies heartbreak”
Just BS.

Where are all you Rose coloured Cal lovers ? I called him the gifted 50 games player who should be in the little league,and that`s how he plays , has the body , strength, skill. (been generous here) of a 15 year old boy, is not AFL standard and never will be. to all , I was lined up by a few ,and that`s cool as I`m a big boy and I love it , as when one has no conviction , integrity or knowledge, that is their modus operandi, too all you Cal lovers out there, probably 5 in total :D, you know sweet F@ck all about AFL football... Oh, Aberfeldie Football club rang this morning, they said they are not interested as well, even for our vacant back pocket position

give it a rest sport - you can criticize a player without being pathetically disrespectful and vehemently abusive.
You are a key board warrior in every sense in regards to CB.
And that you also feel the need to blow your own trumpet on the issue, exposes a deep immaturity.

So the $7mil questions is why persist with our current set-up. Gawn & Grundy (1&2) and both teams aren't contenders. Is it better to load up with better, faster, more skilful mids that are capable of out smarting the opposition, winning a ball and getting more quality 1st use with a lesser Cameron in the Ruck?
This is a really interesting question. I accepted what Bucks said in his presser last night - that basically winning the hit- outs does not equate to winning it on the deck. Given that the salary cap forces a choice on which type of player to stock up on, I would opt for the "better, faster, more skilful mids that are capable of out smarting the opposition". Such players would then be more likely to win the clearance regardless of who contests and who wins the hit-out (as the Doggies mids did with us in the first round).

Where are all you Rose coloured Cal lovers ? I called him the gifted 50 games player who should be in the little league,and that`s how he plays , has the body , strength, skill. (been generous here) of a 15 year old boy, is not AFL standard and never will be. to all , I was lined up by a few ,and that`s cool as I`m a big boy and I love it , as when one has no conviction , integrity or knowledge, that is their modus operandi, too all you Cal lovers out there, probably 5 in total :D, you know sweet F@ck all about AFL football... Oh, Aberfeldie Football club rang this morning, they said they are not interested as well, even for our vacant back pocket position

You're an EDFL boy?

DO you have a point to make?

Hanging the game on player C.Brown seems to me a cheap out and very unfair.
It's a game i can and no doubt you can point out errors for why we lost and numerous players.

C Brown actually had a reasonable game last night, he was one of the few that stood up in the second half. His field kicking was good but let himself down with that set shot.

It was great to see Howe back to his pre-injury form, when he dominates the air the way he did last night, CFC look like a much better team.

Alot has been said about Sier and rightly so, hopefully he can remain injury free because he's a talent. His kicking has improved and the chemistry with his team mates too. Will get better with opportunity.

I'm an advocate for more attacking football. I would love to see a more balanced selection of forwards, mids and defensive players. I think Bucks has got the current ratio wrong. If fit I would have played McCreery round 1.

Where our list is at? We aren't even playing a young team, we have an old 22 that hasn't changed in years with little youth standing up outside of quaynor

That's a different issue that I am not going to bring in during gameday. To be honest I think the club still sees us as a premiership threat. It's good to back the team but sometimes reality needs to hit.

So yeah I agree with you that the list isn't in a great place. But I don't think they will just give up and play the kids until the season, and the coaching career of Bucks, is well and truly gone.

Good post, with some reasoned analysis of our disappointing loss. Thanks for that, as it adds more to the discussion and analysis than melts.

I didn’t post anything after the game last night, reading the thread on the train going home made the loss all the worse. Good to see the thread was cleaned up (thanks mods) as there was some shitposting in here last night, not cool.
I feel the same, knee jerk reactions after a loss from a lot of posters. Sack everyone is the catch cry. It’s a long season and premierships aren’t contested in April. We are by no means perfect, and generally perform better than our list warrants. That’s a big tick for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though Mayne is starting to struggle we absolutely need his voice on field over a young player that hasn't even played a VFL game yet. Good teams have several veterans that are capable of rallying and organising the troops.
I don't have a problem with Mayne having a voice and directing players however unlike Pendlebury who also does it, Pendlebury has his eye on where his opponent is unlike Mayne who is in no mans land. It drives me mad.

I am still here.

Shame you are incapable of expressing an opinion without the personal attacks.

I am still here.

Shame you are incapable of expressing an opinion without the personal attacks.

I admire your unwavering faith in him , oh I expressed my opinion, its a matter for you to digest it,but that is one big Hail Mary Maggie, Good Friday and all

I admire your unwavering faith in him , oh I expressed my opinion, its a matter for you to digest it,but that is one big Hail Mary Maggie, Good Friday and all
Just keep the personal attacks out of your posts and I will have a Good Friday.

It seems like Cal is a victim of our average player development. He needs to play a half dozen games or so in the VFL, but, he needs to be given the opportunity to play in one position. If he is a pressure forward then he needs to play a good stretch in that position in the VFL. Is he a midfielder?, the same applies there. We move our VFL players all over the place and don't give them the opportunity to develop properly in that role. Cal looks a bit lost out there at times, it's like he has too many orders going on in his head that he makes some really bad decisions on the field

It seems like Cal is a victim of our average player development. He needs to play a half dozen games or so in the VFL, but, he needs to be given the opportunity to play in one position. If he is a pressure forward then he needs to play a good stretch in that position in the VFL. Is he a midfielder?, the same applies there. We move our VFL players all over the place and don't give them the opportunity to develop properly in that role. Cal looks a bit lost out there at times, it's like he has too many orders going on in his head that he makes some really bad decisions on the field
I agree vfl time is needed, but for more than 6 games. He’s not improving. There’s 0 reason to play a pressure forward who can’t kick goals. Brown is extremely poor at that metric, and is enough for him not to play forward.

He is neither a midfielder nor a pressure forward,he has been given plenty of opportunities playing midfield in the Magoos, gets very little of it and does very little damage on the odd occasion he does get it, lets be honest here, if he didn`t have his surname , he would be out the door

I agree vfl time is needed, but for more than 6 games. He’s not improving. There’s 0 reason to play a pressure forward who can’t kick goals. Brown is extremely poor at that metric, and is enough for him not to play forward.

We do have other options but they are just aren't ready, I really rate Ginniven and McCreary, but Ginniven really knows where the goals are

He is neither a midfielder nor a pressure forward,he has been given plenty of opportunities playing midfield in the Magoos, gets very little of it and does very little damage on the odd occasion he does get it, lets be honest here, if he didn`t have his surname , he would be out the door

Nah lets be honest here, he's playing footy and you're chucking mud.

4 plus goals up.
Against a team who were thrust into a situation that meant they suddenly were not returning to loved ones, who didn’t have more than one change of clothes, who suddenly had to forgo the home ground advantage.
WHO HAD LOST TWO IN A ROW.
Unable to convert a quarter of absolute domination to the scoreboard.
Its clearly the crabbing game plan. It’s clearly the coaching and team selection.
Its a disgrace and every CFC game day employee needs to refuse this weeks pay check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back