Review Round 3 = Collingwood 72-73 Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell, how tall was he? If he’s over 193cm we might need to add him under the Father-Son-Holy Spirit rule and see if we can get him right in three days or so with our medical team. I hear he has a December birthday so Hine will be all over him.

There’s always tomorrow

Once again opposition fans troll reacting to posts made in the heat of the moment on our board. This time 2 days after the event. Says a lot about their character, but nothing positive or decent.

Only cowards and perverts hide in the shadows.

As I saw it, we lost the game because of poor execution. It was a contest between fast play on football (us) and controlled chip around tactics leading to incisive deep kicks for the most part. Our play on game reduces time for the passes to be executed, so that more of them are poor. Fatigue adds to this. We had them for much of the game, but poor passing cost us a number of good scoring opportunities. They ground us down. Our football is better than theirs, and if we can tidy up the kicking as we win enough games to play finals, we will be difficult. It is the tidying up that is the problem. Their method will not stand up in finals. Ours will, but we have to get there.

I think we also lost it because we became cautious and reverted to safe down the line when the game was on the line - reminded me of the 2018 GF.

This season has reminded me a fair bit of the beginning to 2018 - I think those writing us off already are going too early.

So the Tigers are the benchmark and we are not in the same ballpark??

ROFLMFOAO!

Time to look at real life instead of hating/buckley/Ed/Hine, this player or that player, the club etc., etc., etc.

NO TEAM is immune from upsets - small or huge.

The current rule set is going to make the modern game more of a lottery and less of a skill game.

Where our list is at? We aren't even playing a young team, we have an old 22 that hasn't changed in years with little youth standing up outside of quaynor
That's the scary thing, we should be playing a young list, but our side is so uneven and the players that are nearing retirement, there's no replacements. I'm hoping kids start to step up half way through the year, but I'm not holding my breath. Even some of the kids in the side atm, Brown brothers aren't developing, only Diacos and IQ are. But we will be force to keep playing the Brown brothers, cause there's no one else, same as some senier players, we play them cause there is no one else.

We have to face facts, we are rebuilding, some supporters seem to think getting a free agent at the end of the year and Nick Diacos at the start of next year will fix this. Nope.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's the scary thing, we should be playing a young list, but our side is so uneven and the players that are nearing retirement, there's no replacements. I'm hoping kids start to step up half way through the year, but I'm not holding my breath. Even some of the kids in the side atm, Brown brothers aren't developing, only Diacos and IQ are. But we will be force to keep playing the Brown brothers, cause there's no one else, same as some senier players, we play them cause there is no one else.

We have to face facts, we are rebuilding, some supporters seem to think getting a free agent at the end of the year and Nick Diacos at the start of next year will fix this. Nope.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

our list is ranked 12th on age - we are not an old list

I think we also lost it because we became cautious and reverted to safe down the line when the game was on the line - reminded me of the 2018 GF.

This season has reminded me a fair bit of the beginning to 2018 - I think those writing us off already are going too early.
So we will be playing for the premiership in the GF this year instead of languishing in the bottom half thanks to our lousy list! You give me hope when all seems lost. :drunk:

Just caught the behind the goals vision of Noble on Zac Bailey before his mark 😬😬😬

Just caught the behind the goals vision of Noble on Zac Bailey before his mark 😬😬😬
So it's also Noble's fault we lost the game? There has to be more players to blame other than just Callum Brown. Though I do also adhere to sr36's belief that going defensive lost us the game, as I felt at the time that would be our undoing when with several minutes left we decided to play keeping's off with the opposition.

So we will be playing for the premiership in the GF this year instead of languishing in the bottom half thanks to our lousy list! You give me hope when all seems lost. :drunk:

your optimism should be, that as a “bottom half team” with a “lousy” list, we matched, and should have beaten a flag contender.

Noble was great all evening. I’d be looking at WHE very ordinary, lazy effort of 6 disposals and being too lazy to follow Rich when he was on his own taking the handball and kicking a goal outside 50 to keep the Lions in it.

Bad effort. He needs to go. Just not working hard and letting the team down.

De-list end of season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When the final siren went, seeing WHE on the ground, it really didn't even seem like he cared. Mentally he seems checked out as if he's just playing out his contract.
Said it before, he should never don the B&W guernsey again. He f cost us the game. Done f all since 2018. Wake up Collingwood fm.

our list is ranked 12th on age - we are not an old list

You really do like cherry-picking stats to put forth a viewpoint in the hope that all of the pot smoking youngsters here won't recognise, don't you?

Elliott - currently 28, 29 in August.
Pendlebury 33 now.
Adams - 27 now, 28 before end of season
Sidebottom - 30 now, 31 before the start of next season
Roughead - 30 now, 31 end of season
Thomas - 29 now, 30 end of season
Howe - 31 in a couple off months
Mihocek - just turned 28, 29 before the start of the next season
Cox - just turned 30, 31 before next season
Mayne -32 now.

That's ten of the starting 18 in the last stages of their career.

I give you a point for trying, however.

You really do like cherry-picking stats to put forth a viewpoint in the hope that all of the pot smoking youngsters here won't recognise, don't you?

Pendlebury 33 now.
Mayne -32 now.

I don’t make up the stats sport - we are ranked 12th on age.
As per above, go and look at Geel who are flag contenders. 9 of their best 22 are over 30 this season

And I just did your analysis for BNE they have 11 players 27 or older according to Footywire.

Last edited:

Pendlebury 33 now.
Mayne -32 now.

You remove Mayne end of season and will probably drop lower. Really, apart from Pendles, most of those players have at least 3 years.
I wonder if you look at the amount of players on our list with under 20 games where it will rank for age. Probably one of the lowest. Particularly given the last draft which we heavily invested in.

these stats are all very misleading.

your optimism should be, that as a “bottom half team” with a “lousy” list, we matched, and should have beaten a flag contender.
But that flag contender was 0-2 and we were 1-2. We were better positioned than them. We should have won. We lost. End of story. I am not an optimist, just someone who is pleasantly surprised by a happy ending, and totally deflated by an unanticipated loss.

But that flag contender was 0-2 and we were 1-2. We were better positioned than them. We should have won. We lost. End of story. I am not an optimist, just someone who is pleasantly surprised by a happy ending, and totally deflated by an unanticipated loss.

IMO losing to a flag contender (only missing a Ruckman) is not an unanticipated loss, and nothing to be deflated about - unless you have higher aspirations than a bottom half finish.

I don’t make up the stats sport - we are ranked 12th on age.
As per above, go and look at Geel who are flag contenders. 9 of their best 22 are over 30 this season

And I just did your analysis for BNE they have 11 players 27 or older according to Footywire.
Difference is Geelong made a GF last year, and could make top 4 again. Right now I can't see us making the 8. Our key personnel are running out of time, many of them with no replacement. Averages are not helpful on this context.

We all know you're not oblivious to data and statistics and s**t like that when forming an opinion re.. have you ever given thought to perhaps a different way of thinking? Like s**t you can't capture in data and statistics re? Like we've got a bad coach who tried to shut shop by going too defensive. Like we played a side who couldn't leave Melbourne to return to Brisbane cause of the Rona re.. limited and dusrupted prep in unfamiliar surroundings. Like we lost after being 4 goals up..

We all know you're not oblivious to data and statistics and sh*t like that when forming an opinion re.. have you ever given thought to perhaps a different way of thinking? Like sh*t you can't capture in data and statistics re? Like we've got a bad coach who tried to shut shop by going too defensive. Like we played a side who couldn't leave Melbourne to return to Brisbane cause of the Rona re.. limited and dusrupted prep in unfamiliar surroundings. Like we lost after being 4 goals up..

we’re a bottom 6 side according to most - and almost beat a flag contender- are you seriously saying a few extra nights in a strange bed is a substantial disadvantage? Or missing a Ruckman for that matter.

Not IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back