Review Round 3 = Collingwood 72-73 Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Much of a Chance
I will never understand these guys who think giving a kid 1 game is enough to say whether he’ll make it. I remember when DeGoey was always fumbling in his first dozen games and looked anything but a first round, let along 5, draft pick.

Didn’t Simpson at Carlton get zero disposals in his first 2 games and then went on to play over 300 games of AFL footy?

Ludicrous....

I keep saying it...JT is a mid. He's a ball winner and he's been totally wasted up front now that Treloar is gone. JT will probably get flicked this week (like WHE and Mayne) but he shouldn't. He should be given the chance to play where he was brought to the club to play. Blokes like JT and Callum Brown are being sacrificed, forced to play out of position for their whole careers (maybe Bucks remembers Lethal playing him off Half back?)
It was ok when we had a stacked midfield but now???? Put the midfielders IN the midfield. Put the flankers and forwards in their spots too.
  • Daicos is a winger, he still kicks as many goals from the wing!
  • Henry is a forward, persist with him on that HFF
  • JDG is a medium forward who can run through the midfield on rare occasions, don't give him any more than 10-15% of game time in there
  • Crisp has the speed and the power to help the midfield, let him do it
  • Pendles can't be expected to run with quick mids anymore, Sidey either. Both should be on limited midfield minutes.
  • McCrae is a genuine mid, a ball magnet, let him have a few minutes in there till he gets stronger. He could play wing also.
Don't make it harder than it has to be?

I will never understand these guys who think giving a kid 1 game is enough to say whether he’ll make it. I remember when DeGoey was always fumbling in his first dozen games and looked anything but a first round, let along 5, draft pick.

Didn’t Simpson at Carlton get zero disposals in his first 2 games and then went on to play over 300 games of AFL footy?

Ludicrous....

Jono Brown recalls getting 0 disposals in his first game (or very few)
Which player (besides Ian McOrist) took his first game by the scruff of the neck? Most of those glorious first gamers fizzle out pretty quickly.

Macrae isn’t a small forward, Henry and Ruscoe had there chance and were worse than Thomas.
Macrae I think will start his career as a bit of a HFF and outside mid. Henry’s first game was woeful but it was his first game after all. Ruscoe has at least shown an ability to hit the scoreboard, something JT has struggled to do consistently since 2018.

I would much rather give all three of the above a string of games and force JT and WHE to have spend some time in the VFL and earn their spots back

Macrae I think will start his career as a bit of a HFF and outside mid. Henry’s first game was woeful but it was his first game after all. Ruscoe has at least shown an ability to hit the scoreboard, something JT has struggled to do consistently since 2018.

I would much rather give all three of the above a string of games and force JT and WHE to have spend some time in the VFL and earn their spots back
I don’t see how dropping a small forward that crumbs and applies pressure for medium forward that kicks the o goal and does nothing, another medium forward that’s more raw than a blue steak and a midfielder improves our forwardline.

If we want to give Macrae game play him on the wing and drop T Brown or Mayne.

Ruscoe and Henry should be trialled in the backline before being considered.

Jono Brown recalls getting 0 disposals in his first game (or very few)
Which player (besides Ian McOrist) took his first game by the scruff of the neck? Most of those glorious first gamers fizzle out pretty quickly.
Who was that skinny tall forward we had who came off the bench and kick 5 or 6 goals? I think it was against WCE. Not Schauble but looked similar.

Who was that skinny tall forward we had who came off the bench and kick 5 or 6 goals? I think it was against WCE. Not Schauble but looked similar.
Andrew Tranquilli!!

Kicked 6 goals in his 3rd game. Played a total of 12 games.

I don’t see how dropping a small forward that crumbs and applies pressure for medium forward that kicks the o goal and does nothing, another medium forward that’s more raw than a blue steak and a midfielder improves our forwardline.

If we want to give Macrae game play him on the wing and drop T Brown or Mayne.

Ruscoe and Henry should be trialled in the backline before being considered.
The way moved the ball into the forward line against Carlton, Henry would have probably kicked a few goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back