Toast Round 3 = Collingwood 81-37 St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

It was great to see Elliott given some time on ball. He added some speed and urgency in there and didn't look out of place. It can only help to build our depth and flexibility through midfield.

It was great to see Elliott given some time on ball. He added some speed and urgency in there and didn't look out of place. It can only help to build our depth and flexibility through midfield.

Both him and De Goey can't play Full Game in the Midfield so good to Switch those 2 from Mid to Forward

I still can't get over Melbourne letting Howe leave, thank you to one of my top three disliked teams.
I don’t think they particularly wanted to let him leave, more that he wanted to get the hell out of there.

Didn't do anything to keep him, but happy he choose us.
They offered him a contract that was better than what we offered him, but there’s not much a club can do if the player wants out badly enough to reject any contract offer.

I wouldn't give a fat rat's clacker about an asterix!

How many flags have we been dudded on? Bloody Wayne Harmes, John Greening getting felled, having to sticky tape defenders together in 2018 only to have the runner get in the way, Phil Carman going for a punch on... I'd rather win one we perhaps oughtn't than to patiently wait our turn. At least if it had an asterix next to it it wouldn't be for outright cheating like the tankers in 1995... it would be circumstances outside the control of everyone on the planet!
An asterix would make it even sweeter - the more others winge and scream the more we could enjoy it - in fact would be hilarious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d hardly regard Cox as a ‘dominant’ key forward. More like a relatively important component of our structure. A dominant key forward playing his role would take our forward line to the next level imo.
Think back to 2010, we were at our peak when we had multiple goal kickers and no ‘dominant’ forward.

We are much better off having - DeGoey, Stephenson, Elliott, Checkers and WHE as versatile mid sized options who all rotate and swarm aroundcan spend time high up field, or out of goal square.

IMO put a dominant KPF in our team - a C.Dixon, T.Lynch, B.Brown - and all of a sudden you upset the balance and guys like Elliott, Stephenson, WHE won’t get the opportunity to take the lead role and star if they are ON.

What we have works well, Cox will replace Cameron when ready...

Then we have Treloar who will come back and reshape the balance a bit

And hopefully will also have Varcoe, Greenwood, Langdon, JT and even Berg and Sier who will demand a game at some point and keep the pressure on young guys like Daicos, Browns and Noble...that also helped in 2010 when we had guys like Lockyer, OBree and Medhurst pushing for games but being left out

I’m thinking threepeat in all honesty, the lid came off when T.Brown side stepped that saints player and slotted it
Quite apart from skill we can be 100% sure 100% of the time that Callum and Tyler will have a top attitude 24/7 throughout their footy careers - remind me of the saying "recruit character, develop skill"

Quite apart from skill we can be 100% sure 100% of the time that Callum and Tyler will have a top attitude 24/7 throughout their footy careers - remind me of the saying "recruit character, develop skill"
I wager put the Browns attitude into Sier and he'd have a Brownlow by now

Espically Tyler

I’d hardly regard Cox as a ‘dominant’ key forward. More like a relatively important component of our structure. A dominant key forward playing his role would take our forward line to the next level imo.
Whilst I agree and would be exstatic if we nabbed one, I don't think for us a dominant key forward would justify the price. They're so rare and expensive, but with our plethora of options, I don't think we'd be well served playing through them often enough to justify what we'd lose if we chased one.

I still can't get over Melbourne letting Howe leave, thank you to one of my top three disliked teams.
Yep he was a bargain trade, not like that Roughead who cost us an arm and a leg!

Whilst I agree and would be exstatic if we nabbed one, I don't think for us a dominant key forward would justify the price. They're so rare and expensive, but with our plethora of options, I don't think we'd be well served playing through them often enough to justify what we'd lose if we chased one.
Lynch playing for Collingwood in 2019 instead of Richmond means a premiership in our cabinet instead of theirs imo. Well worth the cost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back