VFL Round 3 - Collingwood vs Essendon at Victoria Park (Pies WON 106-78! Replay links in OP! #DonsIrked)

Remove this Banner Ad

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
When and Where:
2:10pm this Saturday at the home of the Collingwood Football Club.

Broadcast:
Television - Channel 7 LIVE into Victoria from 2:00pm. Streamed LIVE through the Plus7 website (at this link) and Plus 7 Live smartphone app for iPhone and Android from 2:00pm. Replay available on the 7 Plus website until Saturday May 19th.

For Australian viewers outside Victoria, you will need to change your location to "Victoria" if watching through the Plus7 app, or to a Victorian postcode (ie: 3000) if watching through the Plus7 website. If watching through the Plus7 website, the use of a private browser would also be an advantage.

Internet - Score updates at Nick's Bulletin Board, at the VFL website, via FlashScore and on Twitter at @VFLPies, game chat in this thread.

Replay:

Team:
B: 51. M. Hore, 41. B. Mihocek, 44. J. Madgen
HB: 31. F. Appleby, 28. N. Murphy, 43. A. Oxley
C: 34. T. Brown, 53. J. Hellier, 59. D. Wells
HF: 16. C. Mayne, 23. S. McLarty, 36. B. Sier
F: 26. J. Daicos, 1. A. Fasolo, 33. R. Wills
R: 45. M. Lynch, 11. J. Blair, 47. G. Borthwick
Int: 69. J. Blair, 49. M. Chippendale, 57. A. Close, 54. A. Gallucci, 61. S. Hetherington, 65. L. Howe, 64. C. Lane, 52. E. Le Grice, 62. J. Roughsedge, 60. N. Sing, 67. M. Smith, 48. L. Tardrew
23P: 63. C. Wellings

Admission:
FREE!

Where They Sit:
Collingwood: 5th (1 win, 1 loss, 185.07%)
Essendon: 6th (1 win, 1 loss, 159.32%)

Last Time They Met:
Round 15, 2017 at Victoria Park
Collingwood 13.8.86
Essendon 15.10.100

Head to Head:
Played: 8
Collingwood: 4
Essendon: 4

How They Fared Last Week:
Colllingwood 7.5.47, def by
Port Melbourne 9.9.63

Williamstown 10.17.77, def
Essendon 6.9.45

Trivia:
- Collingwood and Essendon have clashed in the VFA/VFL on the ANZAC Day long weekend/ANZAC Round as VFL subsidiary teams on five occasions (in 2000 and from 2014-2017), for a record of 2-3 in Essendon's favour. Collingwood's last win in this particular fixture was Round 4 of 2014, with the Bombers winning the last three ANZAC Round encounters by an average of 65.7 points.

- Following on from that (because it is a source of confusion that sometimes comes up), Collingwood has previously played the then VFL affiliate of the Essendon Football Club (the Bendigo Bombers) on the ANZAC Day long weekend/ANZAC Round three times from 2009 to 2011, for a win-loss record of 1-2.

Over to you...

Last edited:
These televised vfl games.rock..

Carn pies make.it a double, and a double souffle for the druggies, as Paul Keating once said a soufle doesn't rise twice. We should.make sure that these souffle's don't rise at all, go pies.

When and Where:
2:10pm this Saturday at the home of the Collingwood Football Club.

Over to you...

Stopped reading after the bolded part MB. :)

tumblr_mm4zgnF9n71snydeqo1_500.gif

These televised vfl games.rock..

Carn pies make.it a double, and a double souffle for the druggies, as Paul Keating once said a soufle doesn't rise twice. We should.make sure that these souffle's don't rise at all, go pies.

Hopefully we get more then 1 this season

Can't wait for this. And if there is another deluge, like there was at OP on Saturday, I can take shelter in the wonderful old Sherrin Stand, and soak up the atmosphere (and the Eau de Sherrin smell:().
Actually you need to stay away VP.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Dave it's too true mate. Are you going to this one? Be a cracker. Wednesday will be a close one too I reckon. If we knock off the bombers we will find our wings I reckon :collingwood:

Yes. I be going on Saturday.

Weather Forecast is Good(IF Rained can Sit in the Stands).

Hope no buses on that Train Line and Frankston One Too

Yes. I be going on Saturday.

Weather Forecast is Good(IF Rained can Sit in the Stands).

Hope no buses on that Train Line and Frankston One Too
I'll be praying for you big fella. What membership do you have? If you have one. I assume you will be there Anzac Day too? I've only ever been once in 2003. Tird given the bloody medal and that b*****d Stupido kicked five. This was off that back of three wins to start the year. Hopefully Wednesday turns out like 2012 instead ;)

I'll be praying for you big fella. What membership do you have? If you have one. I assume you will be there Anzac Day too? I've only ever been once in 2003. Tird given the bloody medal and that b*****d Stupido kicked five. This was off that back of three wins to start the year. Hopefully Wednesday turns out like 2012 instead ;)

I have a Reserved Seat 18 Game Membership.

VFL at Vic Park is Free Entry

Is the Northcote (Hurstbridge) train running? If not I may have to miss as won't have a car.
Travelling from the city to Vic Park won’t be an issue; the other way depends which line you’re on.

Northcote is on the South Morang line, which is running between the city and Epping. The Hurstbridge line has replacement buses between Clifton Hill and Macleod.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back