VFL Round 3 - Collingwood vs Essendon at Victoria Park (Pies WON 106-78! Replay links in OP! #DonsIrked)

LynchToPies

Rookie
Jan 30, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
I wouldn't blame Sier and Wills entirely. Check out the differential in hitouts. Lynch took some nice marks around the ground, but he got murdered in the ruck by Leuenberger. Look fair play to the kid, he is improving, he looked utterly lost this time last year, but his ruck work has a long long way to go. He really needs to work on his leap.

Fair assessment on Lynch. I reckon he's more bash 'n' crash ruckman in body-shape at the moment - needs a bit more athleticism to his game. *Liked what I saw from him around the ground though. Definitely a bit to work with; tracking well for his age.

augie

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Went to the game and thoroughly enjoyed myself. It helped that I arrived when we were three goals down in the first, and so saw mostly a fairly dominant performance. And my young lad got a photo with Bucks, and a photo and jumper signature from his favourite player, Fasolo.

A couple of relatively things I noticed. Tyler Brown looks like he is 12, but is going to be something special. Didn't get a lot of the ball, and is a bit hesitant at times, but just has this great awareness, balance and agility. I'll get slammed for this, but he reminds me of a young Fyfe.

I found McClarty really interesting. A few of his kicks looked like awful, helicopter passes, but hit targets in good position. Either he got very lucky, or he is awkward but effective. Also, having read a few things on here about him I was surprised and impressed by his pace and athleticism.

augie

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sorry, one other thing. How awesome is Vic Park on a warm autumn afternoon? A big crowd, mini cheer squad in the Sherrin stand (including DAICOS sign!), BBQs, BYO esky full. Just a brilliant venue with an incredible atmosphere. I understand why they put games on at Olympic Park Oval, but the difference between the two from a spectator's point of view is ridiculous.

Good_Old

Cancelled
10k Posts Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
May 27, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Broadcast:
Television - Channel 7 LIVE into Victoria from 2:00pm. Streamed LIVE through the Plus7 website (at this link) and Plus 7 Live smartphone app for iPhone and Android from 2:00pm. Replay available on the 7 Plus website until Saturday May 19th.

For Australian viewers outside Victoria, you will need to change your location to "Victoria" if watching through the Plus7 app, or to a Victorian postcode (ie: 3000) if watching through the Plus7 website. If watching through the Plus7 website, the use of a private browser would also be an advantage.

So the app only automatically finds location, I cannot find anywhere where I can change location and the website is not prompting me to choose a location. There's also no settings tab that allows me to do this. I've tried clearing my browser history and using incognito mode yet still nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions?

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
So the app only automatically finds location, I cannot find anywhere where I can change location and the website is not prompting me to choose a location. There's also no settings tab that allows me to do this. I've tried clearing my browser history and using incognito mode yet still nothing.

My info it seems needs updating. They have changed the website and the app from last year, when following those instructions could let you watch from outside Victoria.

You could maybe try a VPN...?

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

I just used the link from Boredpie above and it worked straight away.

Maybe the computer experts here can come to your rescue mate.

Good_Old

Cancelled
10k Posts Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
May 27, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
My info it seems needs updating. They have changed the website and the app from last year, when following those instructions could let you watch from outside Victoria.

You could maybe try a VPN...?

I just used the link from Boredpie above and it worked straight away.

Maybe the computer experts here can come to your rescue mate.

Finally got it to work, I had to download a GPS spoofer app on my phone, set it to Melbourne and then open the 7plus app.

Region locking on a FTA TV app, f**k me. :rolleyes:

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Finally got it to work, I had to download a GPS spoofer app on my phone, set it to Melbourne and then open the 7plus app.

Region locking on a FTA TV app, f**k me. :rolleyes:

Good to see you got it going.

Future TV game info will be updated accordingly.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
He could have Koutas body and he would still be a pea heart.

The sooner he goes the better.

Harsh but fair.

I think 1 of the bravest things you can do on a footy field is back into an on-coming pack. Seen Oxley do it often enough to suggest "pea heart" might not be quite the right descriptor.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I need more beer. Got a grant proposal to write and running out of bullshit to cover up the fact the project is stupid and it shouldnt be funded. I think I need to delve into the buzzworderator and a few IPA's for comfort.

You can get grants to buy beer?

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
4iJGarm.png

HkR1KMa.png

Can't believe Marty Hore wasn't named our best, had a ripper game.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think we played our best when McLarty was in the Ruck and Lynch was Forward

That's more because McLarty gave us an extra mid at the contest than any change in the ruck differential.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think 1 of the bravest things you can do on a footy field is back into an on-coming pack. Seen Oxley do it often enough to suggest "pea heart" might not be quite the right descriptor.

Very comfortable with my description of him jackcass......you’re entitling to yours.

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I had to download a GPS spoofer app on my phone. :rolleyes:

We look forward to your next post from a secure, undisclosed location somewhere in the vicinity of Guantanamo Bay.

Orange is a good colour.

Bored_Pie

Club Legend
Jan 8, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Seriously, how does anyone watch that?

The sheer volume of ads make it unwatchable.

How on earth they think making me watch the same fricken ad for Home and Away 18 times is going to achieve ANYTHING, I do not know.

I gave up.

Treating their audience with absolute contempt
Yeah I got to the point where 5 farking chaser ads in a row and turned it off.

Bored_Pie

Club Legend
Jan 8, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wills isn't good enough.
He's big and he may lay a tackle but he has no weapons that excite you for a mid.
He is a poor kick, isn't damaging by hand to create for runners, can't really go forward and take a mark and is slow.

Sier has gone past him and looks to have far more tricks up his sleeve.

Guys like Wells, Fas, Sier, Daicos are all well ahead of him for any opportunities at senior level.

Hes a big body who doesn't get moved from a contest. He also allows the roving player to be that much more free at a contest. He's a mid that can be swung forward and play as a tall and his hands are actually great.. Defensively he's terrific with his tackling, he tackles to hurt. He's fine and is certainly good enough.

Well if you were looking for an inside mid only one of them would be a selection rival in that group of players..

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The ladder, at the conclusion of Round 3:

VFLLadder3.png

Collingwood enter their first of three byes in 2nd place (by virtue of a very good percentage, which in itself is unusual for this team), but will more likely than not relinquish their position in the Top 4 with the weekend off.

Around the league, Williamstown continue to find themselves in unfamiliar territory with a loss to Werribee, confirming a sluggish start to the year for the powerhouse Seagulls. The newly stand-alone 'Bees have started the season reasonably well in spite of their ledger, with this win and a couple of very competitive losses against good teams in Geelong and Casey, and will look to continue their early promising form against their Tiger counterparts in Richmond on home soil this week. A good showing by Werribee either way will see them shape up as another reasonable early test for Collingwood, who face them Saturday week on return from the bye.

The shock of the round, though, belongs to Frankston, who recorded a massive upset against North Melbourne by kicking seven goals straight in the last quarter to record their first win of both the season and since returning to the competition. Counting that 2017 recess year, it meant that it had been 713 days since Dolphins supporters had been able to sing their club's song after a game. And with their next opponent in Williamstown looking decidedly ordinary at the present time, the boys from Kars Street will fancy their chances of an even bigger boilover, even at the imposing Point Gellibrand Oval.

As mentioned above, we now have the bye, before venturing down to Werribee in what is now a 5pm twilight fixture on Saturday May 6th. By then, hopefully injured players will be filtering back into competitive football of one form or another, with all the ripple effects that entails...

As mentioned above, we now have the bye, before venturing down to Werribee in what is now a 5pm twilight fixture on Saturday May 6th. By then, hopefully injured players will be filtering back into competitive football of one form or another, with all the ripple effects that entails...

A 5pm start in Werribee?

Not sayin' anything.

Back