Round 3 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice work!
I finished 42nd in 2011, so dropped a bit at the end.
Looks like you've started well this season, best of luck!

You would've enjoyed that ride too! That's an awesome rank!

You've started well too and good luck to you also!

No matter how well you are going you get pissed leaving points on the bench, wrong captains etc!

Hopefully a big year coming up

That's unbelievable. What did sides look like in 2011? Cox first choice ruckman?
Yeah Cox was first choice, sex on the beach (ie Sandi/Cox) was popular.
Sandi went down with turf toe in about Rd 8, initially it was supposed to be a 1-2 week injury, but he ended up out for most of the season. I took the gamble of getting on the POD of Goldstein - the year his avg went from 66 to 113. Stefan Martin was my other POD, got him in at Rd 3 as a 114k defender, he went on to avg about 95 over the next 10 rounds.
Goodes was a fwd and still scoring big, both the Riewoldts were fantasy relevant, and Gibbs, Goddard and Deledio were must-have defenders.
Ablett and Swan were the must-have mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandi went down with turf toe in about Rd 8, initially it was supposed to be a 1-2 week injury, but he ended up out for most of the season. I took the gamble of getting on the POD of Goldstein - the year his avg went from 66 to 113. Stefan Martin was my other POD, got him in at Rd 3 as a 114k defender, he went on to avg about 95 over the next 10 rounds.
Goodes was a fwd and still scoring big, both the Riewoldts were fantasy relevant, and Gibbs, Goddard and Deledio were must-have defenders.

That was when Gibbs, Goddard etc were DPP, they were very handy. Goddard was a beast then. Good times!

Haha crazy how it changes so quick! Ablett and Lids (Defender!!!) the only ones you'd still have. That punt on Goldy would have been pretty good.

1000 is my goal also. Has been for about 4 years now. I was inside the top 1000 for much of last season before blowing out over the last 4 weeks or so. I've been within striking distance each year of the last 4, but seem to just fall short late in season.
Where did you end up the big year you had?
Finished 42nd overall that year.
Even though there were over 400,000 teams that year, I've found it much tougher to get to the pointy end in the last few years. A lot more people have great knowledge now than before, which means it's that much harder to get a high ranking.

I read some comments on here earlier this week that you have to start well to have a chance at the cash, which seems to ring true. I was ranked about 1500 after 3 rounds, but then jumped to 185 after Rd 5, and climbed from there.

Best of luck for the season, hope you get that top 1k finish!

Seems my score is the highest I've seen on here so far. Wonder how close I'll get to the weekly? Should be a rapid rise in the ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back