Round 3 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhhh yes. THAT game.
Rnd 1 Game 1
I remember the pain like it was yesterday.
Never again.

He got me last year as well was. Needed a mid to complete my midfield during last bye round.
Sloane had the bye (but he would have burned me as well).

It was Zerrett or Bont. Both averaging 112 and I chose Merrett as I was worried about Bont playing forward.

Bont finishes years averaging 115 zerret finishes year at 105. Plus he got kod against ur mob and only played half the game.

Dockers fans any word on Hilly, I've got the cash in reserve there to slot him in at M5/D5.

Was it just a precautionary move by your docs or does he a a low grade strain?

Cheers in advance kents.

According to the club, it was a cork, not a strain.

He got me last year as well was. Needed a mid to complete my midfield during last bye round.

It was Zerrett or Bont. Both averaging 112 and I chose Merrett as I was worried about Bont playing forward.

Bont finishes years averaging 115 zerret finishes year at 105. Plus he got kod against ur mob and only played half the game.
I remember now. Yeah he's fully worked u over. Once was enough for me.
You thinking its an advantage trading in more Dons (or Dees) ? Reckon by Thursday we wont be getting a damn thing doing that.

Around that 600K mark i reckon i'd wait a week and think about a well priced Titchell after his slow start, or maybe Gaff this week if u need a mid primo.

I just had a blast from the past. Having Merrett getting knocked out just after the start of the season brought back memories of having Riewoldt in 2005?? maybe 2006?? Rnd 1 Game 1 and i;m packed in tight watching it in the Lord Nelson in the CBD with the pub going right off. Brilliant game to watch. Brissy/Saints i think 2nd v 3rd ish from previous season. Riewoldt highest priced on the board, youngest ever captain, darling of the media, and brownlow favorite, he is just killing it v early in 3rd qtr. Something like 5-10 marks and 3 goals already...then Charman murdered him and Mal Michael put the boot in. Out for 2 months. I paid HUGE for him. THAT hurt.
Ahhh yes. You gotta luv this stoopid stoopid game.

Merrett best sesson was been he had DPP.

Bont last year was good first year over 110 av.

Okay, so I've spent every minute of my spare time the last 24 hours reading through this entire thread. (yes, I don't have much spare time at the moment).

Here's my 10c.

For anyone that was demanding that SC be opened up to allow bench players to be moved or added to the scores, can I ask, how do you think that is supposed to happen? Do you seriously believe they would have the ability to reopen it for bench players? There are over 165 000 teams. Are they going to go through them and unlock the bench players? No. They would have to unlock all the players, which would then allow people with trades available to bring in someone who has already had a massive score for the round.

Is it a perfect system? Absolutely not. Have people been shafted by the decision to go with best 18? Absolutely. I won some H2H's on the weekend I should have lost, and lost some I should have won. I would have favored just cancelling the round so that scores don't count. if their software had the ability, they would reopen SC for round 3 when that game takes place, so the teams that are in place now will be in place when that takes place, but again, there is no way they would have the ability to do that.

What they should be doing, right now, is abolishing the $50k prize money for this year and doubling it for next year. Interest in this year is already on the wane. Double the prize money next year and promote the hell out of it.

And for those that can't understand a 150 point SC score from a 75 point DT score, there are on average 2400-2600DT points a match this year, but still 3300SC points. Someone scoring double the SC points to DT points is going to happen on a regular basis with the shorter quarters.

Okay, so I've spent every minute of my spare time the last 24 hours reading through this entire thread. (yes, I don't have much spare time at the moment).

Here's my 10c.

For anyone that was demanding that SC be opened up to allow bench players to be moved or added to the scores, can I ask, how do you think that is supposed to happen? Do you seriously believe they would have the ability to reopen it for bench players? There are over 165 000 teams. Are they going to go through them and unlock the bench players? No. They would have to unlock all the players, which would then allow people with trades available to bring in someone who has already had a massive score for the round.

Is it a perfect system? Absolutely not. Have people been shafted by the decision to go with best 18? Absolutely. I won some H2H's on the weekend I should have lost, and lost some I should have won. I would have favored just cancelling the round so that scores don't count. if their software had the ability, they would reopen SC for round 3 when that game takes place, so the teams that are in place now will be in place when that takes place, but again, there is no way they would have the ability to do that.

What they should be doing, right now, is abolishing the $50k prize money for this year and doubling it for next year. Interest in this year is already on the wane. Double the prize money next year and promote the hell out of it.

And for those that can't understand a 150 point SC score from a 75 point DT score, there are on average 2400-2600DT points a match this year, but still 3300SC points. Someone scoring double the SC points to DT points is going to happen on a regular basis with the shorter quarters.
They should have cancelled the round.... that was the fairest thing to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have a lot of money itb for those trades!

600k, probably why I am rank in the illustrious top 40k club

source.gif

Dunkley confirmed syndemosis, out at least 2 weeks.
Pffftttt .....a Bulldog player will be detected with Covid, Bulldogs game will be suspended .....and his absence will be overlooked in a best 18 scoring system

WW_things are not as bad as they seem.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back