AFL Autopsy Round 3: Essendon 15 point loss to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniher was excellent as well but I reckon he fumbled one or two (not that I'm being critical, especially given that he is 201-203cm). SPS was just on another level. Boomerang handballs, little chip kicks, one touch handling, etc - it was a clinic.

I thought Plowman was someone who put a clinic on in those conditions as well. Rarely made a mistake with ball in hand, very sound decision making.

Personally I think people are underestimating both the extreme conditions but also the form of the Blues heading into the game - they weren't horrible in Rnd 1, and were pretty good in Rnd 2.

They were generally first to the footy yesterday and were structured really well for the conditions on the day. A number of their defenders are in career best nick, when you think of guys like Plowman, Rowe and even Docherty. Murphy and Kreuzer were back to near their best too.

They came to play, that much was obvious from the first bounce - I hate them as much as anyone, but they deserved their victory yesterday

Personally I think people are underestimating both the extreme conditions but also the form of the Blues heading into the game - they weren't horrible in Rnd 1, and were pretty good in Rnd 2.

They were generally first to the footy yesterday and were structured really well for the conditions on the day. A number of their defenders are in career best nick, when you think of guys like Plowman, Rowe and even Docherty. Murphy and Kreuzer were back to near their best too.

They came to play, that much was obvious from the first bounce - I hate them as much as anyone, but they deserved their victory yesterday

Yep I knew in the first 5 mins that Carlton came to play just disappointing that we let them dictate play and not adapt to the conditions.

Worsfold out coached. THey had someone free at the back of every stoppage and better spacing when they kicked forward. Did nothing all day to combat this.

Agree. Their one back dominated more than our one at the contest on a day when forcing it forward was always going happen.
They simply played better wet weather footy. They still have a decent midfield and they played the conditions better than us and we have no plan B for wet footy which does not suit our game style despite now having a few quick smalls.
Not sure about chemistry Woosha, it was simply not adapting to the conditions.

Panic, over shoot the handball, fumble it on the deck, turnover possession, rinse and...

The thing that shits me second most about the match is that i can see it all happening again under the magpie pressure on ANZAC day. And you can bet it happens if and when we ever make finals.

Yeah, have to admit that concerns me too.

Round 4 Sat 15 Apr 7:10pm Crows Adelaide Oval
Round 5 Tue 25 Apr 3:20pm Magpies MCG
Round 6 Sun 30 Apr 1:10pm Demons Etihad Stadium
Round 7 Sun 7 May 2:40pm Dockers Domain Stadium
Round 8 Sat 13 May 7:25pm Cats MCG
Round 9 Sun 21 May 1:10pm Eagles Etihad Stadium
Round 10 Sat 27 May 7:25pm Tigers MCG
Round 11 Sat 3 Jun 4:35pm Giants Spotless Stadium
Round 12 Sat 10 Jun 7:25pm Power Etihad Stadium
Round 14 Fri 23 Jun 7:50pm Swans SCG

When you have a look at our draw, I think we have very few winnable games at this stage. We could be something like 3-10.

When you have a look at our draw, I think we have very few winnable games at this stage. We could be something like 3-10.
stop

I say Crows and Giants are the only guaranteed losses the rest are 50/50

Reckon we beat crows, dees, dockers, eagles and maybe power.

Nice, then we will do what Richmond did in 2014.

******* LOL at Kelvin. Mate, have you see how this season is playing out? Everyone is beating everyone.

We will jag win after win this year against "better" sides than us and then lose to sides who are worse. That's this season - insanely close.

Also whoever says that yesterday was wet-weather is deluded. It was bordering on monsoonal and we won't play in conditions like that for five years. And it somehow got worse in Q4 when we need to bang 2-3 goals to win. Carlton deserved it, we played s**t but we move on.

Let's not look too far ahead and take it one week at a time *ends cliche*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

******* LOL at Kelvin. Mate, have you see how this season is playing out? Everyone is beating everyone.

We will jag win and win this year against "better" sides than us and then lose to sides who are worse. That's this season - insanely close.

Also whoever says that yesterday was wet-weather is deluded. It was bordering on monsoonal and we won't play in conditions like that for five years. And it somehow got worse in Q4 when we need to bang 2-3 goals to win. Carlton deserved it, we played s**t but we move on.

Let's not look too far ahead and take it one week at a time *ends cliche*

And people think I'm too negative lol

kelvin takes it to a whole new level.

And then we can release a dvd called the "The Winning Streak"

168972.jpg

Must own!!!

Not sure why, maybe the events of the last few years have changed how i view footy but there was a time when i would have been really pissed off
after losing a game like that but yesterday was more of a Meh moment. Oh well we did not play well, not the end of the world. Sounds soft but i have reached the stage of not getting over excited by things i can not control.

Not sure why, maybe the events of the last few years have changed how i view footy but there was a time when i would have been really pissed off
after losing a game like that but yesterday was more of a Meh moment. Oh well we did not play well, not the end of the world. Sounds soft but i have reached the stage of not getting over excited by things i can not control.

This is basically me. The last time I particularly got mad after a loss I think would have to go back to 2014. Something about the 2015 season changed me in how I reacted to losses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back