AFL Autopsy Round 3: Essendon 15 point loss to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently Woosha has been letting the boys train inside when it is cold and wet because the boys get cold fingers and sore nipples.

Something needs to be done.
we should build a training facility in a wet and windy part of melbourne, with an MCG sized oval and lots of cool modern things to help us become a strong onfield team no matter the weather or opposition.....maybe we members can help pay for it too....should only cost a few mil :D
............. o_O

Let's just let Docherty do what he wants all game, should have played 1 on 1 footy
Was so frustrating watching our scrambled kicks out of congestion come straight back because of the way they set up with a loose behind the ball. And it was allowed to happen for the whole game. It seemed obvious that that was where we were struggling?

Before the saga this loss would have stung for days on end. I was upset for the first hour after the game then I just didn't care. Footy has changed for me and I don't think it will come back until we win our next flag.

Don't think that absolute passion ever returns once you realise how manipulated the game is and how many at the top are corrupted in their ways.

Adelaide roughed us up after half time last time they played us in Adelaide. And we stopped contending and got crushed by 82 points. I notice Carlton doing the same on Saturday right across the ground from the outset. Bumping guys away from the ball. We seemed to just accept this. They particularly targeted Zaka and Heppell.

Despite Armbrose's bump and Hockings presence, we seemed to lack any real hardness. A team of nice guys.

Not sure how we turn this around. Francis and Begley have got a bit of mongrel in them, as have Bird and Redman.

Merrett got hit in the head just pre half time, which may have been the single biggest factor in us losing the game. He had far fewer possessions in the last half than the first. How did we retaliate for this. Did absolutely nothing.

. Worsfold was a complete mongrel. But he appears to have softened in his approach to the game.

I reckon we have great skills but until we get more aggression in our game, we are vulnerable to results like Saturday against mediocre sides that play tight and hard.
I somewhat, cautiously agree. I'd like to see some more games this year before I make up my mind on this. After it was clear that HTB was not going to paid on Sunday, I would have liked to see more hip and shoulders judiciously applied ...

Before the saga this loss would have stung for days on end. I was upset for the first hour after the game then I just didn't care. Footy has changed for me and I don't think it will come back until we win our next flag.

I've never been more pleased in a season than last year. the fact the effort was there every single game under the set of circumstances really implemented why I love the club I barrack for.

Don't think that absolute passion ever returns once you realise how manipulated the game is and how many at the top are corrupted in their ways.

I think you can maintain passion for the game, you just don't have to embroil yourself in the AFL/Media machine to respect and appreciate Football.

That is what rekindled my enjoyment, just watching the games for football and not worrying about outside stuff. Also means I am appreciating watching other teams, other players.

Has been the same for 100 years. Nothing will change that. Ask any Fitzroy supporters about being screwed from the top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we should build a training facility in a wet and windy part of melbourne, with an MCG sized oval and lots of cool modern things to help us become a strong onfield team no matter the weather or opposition.....maybe we members can help pay for it too....should only cost a few mil :D
............. o_O
Whatever it takes

I said wet conditions in general. We will play in wet conditions on at least 6 occasions - if we are conceding 6 wins on the back of not having another game plan to suit those conditions then we won't make the finals.

There is a world of difference between playing a game when there is non-stop heavy rain, and a game where it may have stopped raining an hour before the game or rained a little during the game - Conditions on Sunday were as extreme as it could be.

There is a world of difference between playing a game when there is non-stop heavy rain, and a game where it may have stopped raining an hour before the game or rained a little during the game - Conditions on Sunday were as extreme as it could be.

Perhaps you can give us a penetrometer rating for the degree of wetness in future wet weather games! The point remains this type of match won't be the only time the team is faced with conditions that require a rethink of match strategy. If they stick with plan A and don't have other strategies as alternatives then it's going to be frustrating to watch.

Perhaps you can give us a penetrometer rating for the degree of wetness in future wet weather games! The point remains this type of match won't be the only time the team is faced with conditions that require a rethink of match strategy. If they stick with plan A and don't have other strategies as alternatives then it's going to be frustrating to watch.

It's something that may happen once more this season if we are unlucky - Six time is pure fallacy.

Look..go ahead and see the negatives that fill your mind if that's your habit. No one here is going to change your mind. Because let's face it people, online footy forums like bf are chock o block full of depressing, whining halfwits who just love banding together with other like minded fools who can't handle losing a footy match.

Oh but look what happens to the same folk when we win! ...the pendulum swings the other way and delirious joy and positive vibes flood the bandwidth and the same people are like little girls at a awesome fun birthday party.

Flying over from Perth with my son for that comeback game was like being born again..in the footy sense. Win or lose I didn't care.

We have our team back and what a ####ing great selection of new young players we have to look forward too in the next few years and beyond.

Can you imagine what it would be like if Hepp, Jobe, Hurley, Hooker, Myers and Travis all quit the club last year?

Can you imagine how s**t that would be?

We'd be ######..that's what we'd be. Stringing together another band of second rate hacks getting smashed like last year with the whole side struggling to find genuine leaders to lead this great club.

I swear me and maybe 20 others in this joint are the only ones who keep a positive outlook on things no matter what happens.

I mean I haven't even bagged Stanton for 18 months..I actually am proud of the guy and happy he's still a bomber.

But if you wanna keep posting your negative crap go ahead..Ill just keep on scrolling and shake my head in disgust.

Essendon Forever.

Look..go ahead and see the negatives that fill your mind if that's your habit. No one here is going to change your mind. Because let's face it people, online footy forums like bf are chock o block full of depressing, whining halfwits who just love banding together with other like minded fools who can't handle losing a footy match.

Oh but look what happens to the same folk when we win! ...the pendulum swings the other way and delirious joy and positive vibes flood the bandwidth and the same people are like little girls at a awesome fun birthday party.

Flying over from Perth with my son for that comeback game was like being born again..in the footy sense. Win or lose I didn't care.

We have our team back and what a ####ing great selection of new young players we have to look forward too in the next few years and beyond.

Can you imagine what it would be like if Hepp, Jobe, Hurley, Hooker, Myers and Travis all quit the club last year?

Can you imagine how s**t that would be?

We'd be ######..that's what we'd be. Stringing together another band of second rate hacks getting smashed like last year with the whole side struggling to find genuine leaders to lead this great club.

I swear me and maybe 20 others in this joint are the only ones who keep a positive outlook on things no matter what happens.

I mean I haven't even bagged Stanton for 18 months..I actually am proud of the guy and happy he's still a bomber.

But if you wanna keep posting your negative crap go ahead..Ill just keep on scrolling and shake my head in disgust.

Essendon Forever.

You had me at "full of depressing, whining halfwits who just love banding together with other like minded fools who can't handle losing a footy match."

You had me at "full of depressing, whining halfwits who just love banding together with other like minded fools who can't handle losing a footy match."

Awww...you're too kind

C9C24F29-97AA-4704-A245-C219441488F5-210-000000887A7C6F1B.jpeg

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back