Preview Round 3 - Freo v Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In many ways the Dogs are the perfect squad to go into with the new blood.

Fyfe to the boys "Have a look at the opposition. Here's a team that had to lose to win. A team that had to hurt to be proud. Here's the squad that believed that if they continued to keep fighting for every moment that they are with their brothers, one day they'll cross the line into greatness"
"Forget the noise fellas! Look around the room. These are the guys we're going to war for. Win or lose, our march to glory starts today."

"Can someone tell Subes to chuck the kettle on."

The end score is not that important. All I want is few 5-10 minute patches where we play good football.

If we can do it in patches, then just need to do it for longer.
The end score isn't important no but what I mean is if we get within 30 points it's a very positive sign and more of a win than loss etc

Bout time they got a Croat or a Bosnian in the team as the great Soufs (the real Freo not that Moss street mob) teams had a Parentich or a Gerovich or a Sumich or even Bob Bucat in the team so Harley being part Bosnian will help even out the ethnic numbers. I am ecstatic for Harley and his Mum Nancy and Dad Eddie that finally he will be in the Dockers team.

Clem I thought I had educated you of looking at Videos and reading too much into them. Luke Ryan didnt go that well at Peel last week after his first game in 9 months due to a foot injury well today at training he was in rehab and is injured and from the look of his limp wont be playing at Peel this week. Lets wait till he has played in the WAFL for few weeks before we make any judgements on him. By the way how is SPS going? See you at training next Tuesday. salim malik TheInjuryFactory

Yep, Balic looks pretty excited in the interview on the website. Hope he gets a few early possessions to calm the nerves.

My comment on Ryan was more about why Spurr has kept his spot. I think you are agreeing with me about Ryan though? Bad news about him limping.

Sammo has had a pretty decent start considering his limited preseason. I would still prefer McCarthy + Darcy + Logue, or whatever we traded pick 3 for.

With all the young guys In not expected to get within 30 points if we do it's a positive sign. Hopefully we get a rising star nod going into next week and all the young guys show glimpses of quality potential. There might be a few mistakes from them too but that should be expected

Crozier and Sheridan have over 50 games in them so they better adjust, Hughes played a good few last year and Grey should adapt quickly. I'm not expecting much from Balic and Logue in fact I reckon Logue will only get 30% time on the field.

Yep, Balic looks pretty excited in the interview on the website. Hope he gets a few early possessions to calm the nerves.

My comment on Ryan was more about why Spurr has kept his spot. I think you are agreeing with me about Ryan though? Bad news about him limping.

Sammo has had a pretty decent start considering his limited preseason. I would still prefer McCarthy + Darcy + Logue, or whatever we traded pick 3 for.
I don't have a stance on Ryan but there are posters on BF especially the ones who watch too many videos and make that their life's work who make claims about how good he was in the VFL last year. Lets see how good Luke is in the WAFL with Peel before making any judgement about being Best 22 etc.

I don't have a problem with Spurr as there aren't too many at the club who can replace him.

Harley Balic I reckon will get more touches on Saturday than SPS on debut.

Crozier and Sheridan have over 50 games in them so they better adjust, Hughes played a good few last year and Grey should adapt quickly. I'm not expecting much from Balic and Logue in fact I reckon Logue will only get 30% time on the field.
Your prob right they will likely get eased into the game and start on the bench but if we are getting a thumping pretty quick they prob will play the majority of the game from then on

I don't have a stance on Ryan but there are posters on BF especially the ones who watch too many videos and make that their life's work who make claims about how good he was in the VFL last year. Lets see how good Luke is in the WAFL with Peel before making any judgement about being Best 22 etc.

I don't have a problem with Spurr as there aren't too many at the club who can replace him.

I'm pretty bullish on Ryan simply because Freo have a pretty good recent history of picking up mature agers from state leagues and them turning out to be more than serviceable (Gu, Spurr, Collins, Barlow).

I'm pretty bullish on Ryan simply because Freo have a pretty good recent history of picking up mature agers from state leagues and them turning out to be more than serviceable (Gu, Spurr, Collins, Barlow).
And Ryan can kick well - double tick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he recover , let see he can shut down liam Ryan 10.1beep .:D Much prefer to have LR 1 + LR 2 playing together but what the beep.

I agree on Ryan. Moving him in to the 22 without playing him in the WAFL a bit is a bad move. I'll move him in once he's done what Balic has done and string together 2 or 3 solid performances in a row.

I think the reason why a lot of posters like him is because he showed good intercept marking and kicking in the VFL last year. If he can carry that into the WAFL/AFL then it'll be amazing. Don't have too many solid kicks in the backline outside Croz and Weller.

Would prefer he replaces Ibbotson rather then Spurr though.

The end score isn't important no but what I mean is if we get within 30 points it's a very positive sign and more of a win than loss etc

I understand what you saying, but I am not sure we are at the level yet.

What I want to see is
1. Modern attacking football
2. Improved Skills, Kicking to our forwards advantage
3. Competitive in Patches
4. Trying to take the game on.

Once we can achieve the above 4 things then I will start to think about the score again, until then the score is almost irrelevant. There is a lot of work to do.

I understand what you saying, but I am not sure we are at the level yet.

What I want to see is
1. Modern attacking football
2. Improved Skills, Kicking to our forwards advantage
3. Competitive in Patches
4. Trying to take the game on.

Once we can achieve the above 4 things then I will start to think about the score again, until then the score is almost irrelevant. There is a lot of work to do.
Agreed. TBH against this opposition I would be rapt to win the tackle count

I like to see the forward and mid lock down bulldog rebound ability with manic forward pressure . Weller ,Langdon,Walters and grey all capable of doing just that. The hills brothers provide the run and carry option for half back . Hopefully with just Sandi around the half back no longer kick the floating long bomb to the boundary . score could not care less rebuild take time.

I like to see the forward and mid lock down bulldog rebound ability with manic forward pressure . Weller ,Langdon,Walters and grey all capable of doing just that. The hills brothers provide the run and carry option for half back . Hopefully with just Sandi around the half back no longer kick the floating long bomb to the boundary . score could not care less rebuild take time.
Well they won't lock anyone down if they continue to send too many tacklers to the contest, leaving opposition players an easy spread with a simple handball.

Well they won't lock anyone down if they continue to send too many tacklers to the contest, leaving opposition players an easy spread with a simple handball.
Dogs liba have the highest tackle count last week vs Sydney . if they can do it why not freo . I said manic pressure not all the tacklers going for the same ball.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back