AFLW Round 3 - Giants v Suns @ Blacktown International Sportspark. 2:10pm local time. Sat, 13 Feb.

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hopefully the fixture doesn't change and this one actually goes ahead.

Both teams have started the season 0-2 so this is crucial for both clubs to keep their seasons alive.

Although this is an away fixture, this one seems far more winnable than our first two rounds.

I think our girls really have to make a stand here after what happened against the Lions on Sunday.

Obviously Bradfield will go out with her injury but who else goes out and who comes in for this one?

As announced yesterday by SUNS Media, Janet Baird comes into the side to make her AFLW debut, named in the forward line.

Also coming into the team is Molly Ritson for her first game of 2021 after some impressive form in last week’s pre-season QAFLW match.

Paige Parker has also been recalled for the match and will start on the wing.

Coming out of the team are Annise Bradfield, who will miss the remainder of the season with an ACL injury, Cheyenne Hammond and Georgia Bevan.

As announced yesterday by SUNS Media, Janet Baird comes into the side to make her AFLW debut, named in the forward line.

Also coming into the team is Molly Ritson for her first game of 2021 after some impressive form in last week’s pre-season QAFLW match.

Paige Parker has also been recalled for the match and will start on the wing.

Coming out of the team are Annise Bradfield, who will miss the remainder of the season with an ACL injury, Cheyenne Hammond and Georgia Bevan.

Jen, I hope you escaped Melbourne just in time to give us a report from intra match this morning at Carrara :) Your last year report was excellent. Wish you lived on GC.

Good luck with lock out. 5 days should be a breeze.

This is it for our girls. It's a must win game or the season is over.

GWS also happen to be in the same position of 0-2 after the first two rounds so both teams should be desperate for a win. Paige Parker's inclusion may raise some eyebrows but we may already be running out of depth...

Let's go girls!

Jen, I hope you escaped Melbourne just in time to give us a report from intra match this morning at Carrara :) Your last year report was excellent. Wish you lived on GC.

haha wouldn't be that be nice.
Also thank you. Took me a while last night to write it up, I wanted it to be perfect with it being the last for probably a week. If only I could travel back and forth. lol

Yeah, whats 5 days. I've done 3 months last year. I'll just watch some AFLW, catch up on some reading.

I concur and I read all of the Collingwood training reports that Jen2310 does and they're absolutely brilliant. Wish we had the same.

I concur and I read all of the Collingwood training reports that Jen2310 does and they're absolutely brilliant. Wish we had the same.
Thanks. I appreciate that! Its handy I live so close to training HQ (4 stations to Jolimont, then walk around the MCG, cross the road and bam I'm there lol) If only I could be in two places at once haha.

I see its raining... gonna be a tough game.
Near identical conditions to round 1 last year when we played the Giants at Blacktown. Our girls should draw from that experience and the lessons they learnt in the 1 point loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last years team played an attacking flash & dash style of footy amd take the game on this year it looks like to me that they’ve tried to switch to more defensive style and just seem to be chasing all day when they take possession take try and make ground going forward and just turn it over

Players like surman and howarth and watson seem to be playing different roles and adding Perkins has changed the balance of the forward line

This has to be a coach killer - appreciate its low scoring footy but no excuse for the last 2 games.

Levi is on a blinder though - were really missing Yorston and Stanton is playing with a tag the whole time...

Got 1 goal.

And only trail by 10.

If they converted early on, could have won this

granted, if GWS were more accurate this could have been worse
Yeah Howarth will be disappointed with that snap kick rather than running it in - trust her to back herself but you gotta make those ones count

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back