AFLW Round 3 - Giants v Suns @ Blacktown International Sportspark. 2:10pm local time. Sat, 13 Feb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone see the dees v north game. Now thats some kind of standard. There is a big gap between the highest scoring teams v the lowest this season.

The skills are way above and beyond and have an easy uncomplicated game plan/style

Even the Carlton/ St Kilda game although scrappy at times the basic skills are there hitting targets run and carry less fumbling

Who do we think we’ll play next week?

I think we’d play West Coast at home seeing they are already in Qld and I’d be shocked to see us play a Vic side

then Brisbane v GWS
Fremantle v Adelaide

with the remaining fixtures all Vic games.

Not much to write home about there, but Daisy D'Arcy can really tackle and is the youngest player in the comp. So there is that.

Not enough players with a good combination of skill/speed/strength through the middle of the ground which means the other team is having more quality entries than us.

Left field option: put Pregelj in the midfield.

Lucy Single played ok too. Howarth might be playing injured, but she’s also getting more attention from the opposition. Kaslar & Virgo look too slow. We need to persist with Watson around the ball or up forward. It is too hard for our midfielders to link up with forwards, if those forwards can’t outrun their opponents. The best they can do is put the ball in the general vicinity, but the forwards still have to get it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

After the game I am more positive compared to other people here.

The game was played in terrible conditions which had a huge impact on the game. Yes, we started slowly and tried to play early like they were playing in dry conditions. This led to turnovers and GWS goals. Also initially, we were not hard enough in the contest.

From the first 2 rounds I was worried that SUNS are not up to it physically. But as the game progressed players were actually getting better and at the end of the game they looked like they may have figured out a bit how to play as a team.

Again, SUNS were very good inside. I could also see better link ups from defence. Some tackles were great. Overall, I didn’t see too much difference between SUNS and GWS. SUNS did dominated possession for long periods (like 90% forward in 2nd QT) to no effect.

The worst part was the harmless deliveries inside 50. It actually looked like instead of kicking it deep in wet conditions they were looking for one more mark before 50 line. Shallow entries resulted in GWS quick rebounds.

Again defence was great and pleasingly 1st year players are improving. Looking forward to see Levi’s sisters playing together next year. Maddi is a great talent and her sister Teagan should be even better. But if I remember correctly she suffered a nasty leg injury last year in the game against Lions academy.

Umpiring was horrendous and SUNS were on the wrong end of it more often than not.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back