Preview Round 3: Gold Coast Vs Fremantle - Brad Lloyd Tribute Match

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People may want to call FFC about tickets this week - they take some liberties, unfortunately. I was advised that I was purchasing the same tickets (membership seats) but at a different price. Over a week since purchasing I hadn't seen an email confirmation. Called membership this morning - 25 mins on hold - and was advised 'we aren't opening up that tier of the ground at the moment so you will be placed in different seats.

The presumption that they can just move you wherever they like without warning or consultation after selling you specific seats is not just arrogant but really poor service and care for members. I am a huge fan of the current administration but this is poor, pathetic actually.

I asked if I had been moved into the sun or if I was still undercover - mainly because my dad will be coming along and he is 70 plus and doesn't like to sit in the sun too long - all I got was ums and ah's until I demanded to know where I was sitting immediately. On the same wind but row 5 and yes that will be in the sun... eventually, we got it changed but it is incredibly poor form freo. It shows such little care and integrity let alone the message it sends about how much they take members for granted. Pathetic.

So after saying that I was disappointed the club actually called me, moved our tickets, and in actual fact upgraded them and are in the process of doing so for all members who have used the portal to redeem the Suns Deal. So I take back everything, and considering that this game is a bit of a mess, I think they are doing a pretty decent job considering.
Now just gotta get the W on Saturday!

People may want to call FFC about tickets this week - they take some liberties, unfortunately. I was advised that I was purchasing the same tickets (membership seats) but at a different price. Over a week since purchasing I hadn't seen an email confirmation. Called membership this morning - 25 mins on hold - and was advised 'we aren't opening up that tier of the ground at the moment so you will be placed in different seats.

The presumption that they can just move you wherever they like without warning or consultation after selling you specific seats is not just arrogant but really poor service and care for members. I am a huge fan of the current administration but this is poor, pathetic actually.

I asked if I had been moved into the sun or if I was still undercover - mainly because my dad will be coming along and he is 70 plus and doesn't like to sit in the sun too long - all I got was ums and ah's until I demanded to know where I was sitting immediately. On the same wind but row 5 and yes that will be in the sun... eventually, we got it changed but it is incredibly poor form freo. It shows such little care and integrity let alone the message it sends about how much they take members for granted. Pathetic.

Well there are two ways to look at it. One you can look at it from your own POV, which you have done, the other is to look at it from the venue's POV. It makes a lot of sense to block off certain areas of the grandstands to save money on staffing facilities. Considering the number of tickets sold is concerning the club, I think their decision here would be justified.

However, they should definitely be more open with the communication on this issue.

Personally would have preferred spending the money used on all the lights and bells and whistles on some form of shade sails they could run out when needed so half of the bloody ground isn’t unbearable but then again I’m a bit strange like that as I think the most important aspect of a footy ground is being able to see the game

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well there are two ways to look at it. One you can look at it from your own POV, which you have done, the other is to look at it from the venue's POV. It makes a lot of sense to block off certain areas of the grandstands to save money on staffing facilities. Considering the number of tickets sold is concerning the club, I think their decision here would be justified.

However, they should definitely be more open with the communication on this issue.

It isn't a question of POV if you pay for something and are promised that ticket with no clauses and then are downgraded without being told. That isn't a POV situation or circumstance that is poor treatment.

While I do understand that they may close areas down this could have been communicated at the time they were trying to sell early tickets to boost early revenue. That wouldn't have been difficult.

So after saying that I was disappointed the club actually called me, moved our tickets, and in actual fact upgraded them and are in the process of doing so for all members who have used the portal to redeem the Suns Deal. So I take back everything, and considering that this game is a bit of a mess, I think they are doing a pretty decent job considering.
Now just gotta get the W on Saturday!

I'm glad your experience was different to mine - I was given an automatic and significant downgrade, wasn't called and the seat only changed when I said I wanted a refund. Again I am glad your experience was different to mine, however after speaking with 6-7 other members two of them got calls as you did and the rest were also given downgrades after paying for selected seats. Overall that is poor.

Hi guys, i splashed out Sat for me and the better half we are in block 214, should i expect to be covered in sun or shade?

We missed a big opportunity with this game....we could have made the whole 5th level unreserved GA and priced it at $20. It would have got loads more punters through the gates, a lot of which would rarely go to matches. Those people are tomorrow's members.

You only have to look at the seat map to see the empty sections are the most expensive. Almost all the cheaper seats are sold out. The result will be a small crowd lacking in atmosphere, and any newbie going to the game will be less likely to come back.

Sometimes I wonder if the people running our club have a clue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We missed a big opportunity with this game....we could have made the whole 5th level unreserved GA and priced it at $20. It would have got loads more punters through the gates, a lot of which would rarely go to matches. Those people are tomorrow's members.

You only have to look at the seat map to see the empty sections are the most expensive. Almost all the cheaper seats are sold out. The result will be a small crowd lacking in atmosphere, and any newbie going to the game will be less likely to come back.

Sometimes I wonder if the people running our club have a clue.

It does seem a little stupid. All the facilities have to be a go anyway so there wouldn't really be any additional cost beyond a few extra security guards. Hell, make the rest of the tickets $10 and have the first sell-out crowd at the stadium.

I chose not to go as a member, as my usual seats are in the sun.

Pissed me off not being able to choose seats, rather kept being given shitty seats in shitty areas
You can select specific seats as of today, Lach72. Same thing was happening to me last few days - allocated crap seats. But today I managed to choose:thumbsu:

Any news out of gold coast on whether Barlow is actually playing? He's a competitive beast and will probably be setting himself to have a lazy 35 touches. It would be nice to give him a cheer but I won't mind too much if he misses selection again

I am in the same boat! I am also in block 523, and now I am thinking I might not be? So it'd be great to get some info on this.
I am normally in Block 523 and for the Suns game I am in Block 125 Row 24 seat 31. Youi got an email today and have to go your MyAccount to print out tickets and that is where your seat details are disclosed.

I am normally in Block 523 and for the Suns game I am in Block 125 Row 24 seat 31. Youi got an email today and have to go your MyAccount to print out tickets and that is where your seat details are disclosed.

Cheers, yes thank you all sorted today. How good was Heath today in that clip! I taught him and his older brother. Great kids!
Barlow was a big part of the starlight foundation from memory, so would kind of be fitting if he did get a guernsey.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2018-04-04/heaths-starlight-wish-becomes-a-reality

It's stuff like this that makes me proud to be a Docker.

Lachie is such a sincere bloke and you can see he is emotional about it.

Good luck to Heath and I hope he loves being a big part of the buildup to the game.

While there won't be many of us there on Saturday dig deep for the Starlight Foundation purple peoples!

Awesome stuff...So stoked Brayshaw is being mentored by Neale.

Was on hold for 40 minutes today and couldn't get through. Ridiculous. Do they have one admin person working there???

I chose not to go as a member, as my usual seats are in the sun.

Pissed me off not being able to choose seats, rather kept being given shitty seats in shitty areas
Try the Ticketmaster site now, you can manually choose seats from a map.

This season they have been turning this feature on and off for some dumb reason but as of 8:26pm WST tonight it is working to choose your own seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back